Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Lomachenko is apparently a cocky a$$hole. Don't get me wrong I think he can box circles around Lopez, but a large part of me wants to see Lopez knock that arrogant eurocac the fukk out.
I been hearing that as well. Heard he treats people like shyt and is very disrespectful. Teofimo has said it. As well as Ivan Redkach (they had a personal confrontation) who is rooting for Lopez over his fellow countryman :heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I been hearing that as well. Heard he treats people like shyt and is very disrespectful. Teofimo has said it. As well as Ivan Redkach (they had a personal confrontation) who is rooting for Lopez over his fellow countryman :heh:
Been around dude once, he was cool but it was early in the day. Before he and usyk had to do photo sessions and shyt with fans lol. Usyk looked crazy but Loma was over that by the end of all that lol.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
@Knicksman20

I agree Inoue does have a chin, but that's the thing it's a lot harder to defend against akward punches than straight clean ones and Casimero is a workhorse as well he gonna keep throwing them alI night. That's why I think it was convenient that they moved Navarette up since Inoue probably won't be at 118 too much longer. Navarette would of ruined Inoue from what I saw out of the Donaire fight.

I think Crawford was smart to avoid Thurman, from what I've seen Thurman would sleep him, early at that. I'd favor Crawford over Porter or Danny though(I actually think Crawford would beat Porter in cleaner fashion than anyone else has given their styles). I would not favor Crawford over Thurman at all, at least not One Time Thurman he would probably beat Once Upon A Time Thurman's ass though. Won't comment on Spence cause I'm always gonna be seen as biased.

Andrade was smart for ducking out of the fight with Jermell too. Both of the Charlo's are excellent counter punchers and great at exploiting openings, which Andrade leaves himself open... a lot. Andrade would outbox any version of GGG though and would give Canelo brick footed ass fits as well, think Julio Cesar Chavez vs Pernell Whitaker type of shyt.

I agree with most of what you said about Inoue. My only “issue” is Casimero’s pretty sloppy & Inoue will more than likely make him pay. I think they’re might be some rough spots for Inoue in the fight but he’ll eventually get him out of there

I think Bud gets stopped by any version of Thurman due to his defensive lapses & vulnerabilities. No fighter at his level should be getting cracked as hard & as often he does. I also think Spence wears him out & stops him too if he’s fully recuperated.

Agreed on Charlo’s/Andrade. He gets KO’ed by both & probably brutally. I think he gives this version of GGG problems but I wouldn’t doubt one bit if he got KO’ed because of his defensive vulnerabilities. Canelo would brutally KO him though. He already beat a better version of Andrade in Lara who’s not only the better puncher but a way better fighter defensively

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Been around dude once, he was cool but it was early in the day. Before he and usyk had to do photo sessions and shyt with fans lol. Usyk looked crazy but Loma was over that by the end of all that lol.
I met Loma and took a pic with him. He seemed cool, but I don't doubt him being arrogant.

He's fortunate that the language barrier masks alot of his personality. Kinda like GGG. Although I don't think Golovkin is an a$$hole like that, I can see through that damn happy go lucky always smiling front he always put up:russ:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I think Bud gets stopped by any version of Thurman due to his defensive lapses & vulnerabilities. No fighter at his level should be getting cracked as hard & as often he does. I also think Spence wears him out & stops him too if he’s fully recuperated.
Crawford vs this Thurman is 50/50. If Thurman is completely healthy, I'd favor him.

If Thurman hit Crawford with the right he hurt Manny with, he might have finished him off. Then again, if Crawford had Thurman hurt to the body like Manny did, he might have finished him :damn:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
yall sound like old cacs who use to call Floyd cocky and arrogant in here :skip:
Loma barely has a fanbase to be fan friendly to, if he a dikkhead so be it. I still wanna see him masterfully box the young stallions head off :sas2:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I agree with most of what you said about Inoue. My only “issue” is Casimero’s pretty sloppy & Inoue will more than likely make him pay. I think they’re might be some rough spots for Inoue in the fight but he’ll eventually get him out of there

Agreed on Charlo’s/Andrade. He gets KO’ed by both & probably brutally. I think he gives this version of GGG problems but I wouldn’t doubt one bit if he got KO’ed because of his defensive vulnerabilities. Canelo would brutally KO him though. He already beat a better version of Andrade in Lara who’s not only the better puncher but a way better fighter defensively

I agree Casimero is sloppy, and Inoue is the more technically sound fighter, but the same reasons people said Porter would give Spence trouble, is the same reasons why Casimero would give Inoue problems. I still feel like Inoue would win more than likely, but it would be a war.

Yeah stylistically Thurman is a nightmare for Crawford, especially if he fights southpaw against him. Crawford likes to box on the backfoot when he is southpaw and pressure you coming forward when he is orthodox. Him fighting Thurman southpaw would not end up well for him because of Thurman's lateral movement and his excellent jab. He would have to stay orthodox and pressure Thurman, trying to outbox him he will lose.

Oh don't get me wrong Andrade probably aint beating Canelo, but it's gonna be another ugly fight for Canelo(just like the Lara fight), which is why I said think JCC vs Whitaker. I agree GGG COULD stop Andrade if he starts doing that sloppy shyt he be doing, but if he just boxes a fundamentally sound fight GGG wouldn't be able to keep up with him or cut the ring off enough to trouble him, but Andrade is sloppy so he'll probably end up taking more punishment than he should.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Crawford-Brook: NSAC Approves Request To Stage Fight in Las Vegas
By Jake Donovan

Published On Wed Oct 7, 2020, 01:04 PM EST

Terence ‘Bud’ Crawford is one step closer to returning to Las Vegas.

The undefeated pound-for-pound entrant and three-division titlist remains in preparation for a November 14 showdown with England’s Kell Brook. A motion to stage the event at an MGM Grand property was unanimously passed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission during its monthly agenda hearing on Wednesday.

Crawford (36-0, 27KOs) will attempt the fourth defense of the welterweight title he acquired in a 9th round stoppage of then-unbeaten Jeff Horn in June 2018. That bout took place at MGM Grand, marking the last time Crawford has fought in Sin City.

terence-crawford%20(1)_23.jpg

Should the bout definitively land there, it will mark the first such career appearance for Brook (39-2, 27KOs) and just his third overall fight to take place in the United States.

The 34-year old Sheffield native claimed a welterweight title in his last trip stateside, outpointing Shawn Porter in their August 2014 clash in Carson, California. Three defenses followed before suffering an 11th round stoppage at the hands of Errol Spence in May 2017. Brook has since won three straight, all above the welterweight limit.

Despite Wednesday’s ruling, there remains an outside chance of the ESPN-televised title fight to take place in Crawford’s hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. Such an event will not come with the past fanfare enjoyed by Crawford who played to sold out crowds at CHI Health Center (nee CenturyLink Center) in five previous appearances, including a 12th round stoppage of unbeaten Jose Benavidez in October 2018.

Top Rank, Crawford’s promoter has run shows out of The Bubble at MGM Grand in Las Vegas ever since resuming regularly scheduled action this past June. The events have taken place behind closed doors due to COVID protocol, although a limited amount of spectators will be present for the October 17 World lightweight championship between Vasiliy Lomachenko (14-1, 10KOs) and Teofimo Lopez (15-0, 12KOs).

Presumably, the same luxury would be afforded the November 14 ruling, in light of a recent announcement from Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak declaring that the maximum limit on public gatherings was increased to 250 people effective October 1.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
donaire took a beating and half and monster took shots that should have dropped him at least once..esp since it look like donaire was bigger than his ass..the headshots they landed on each other..sheesh
I was so surprised Donaire was able to take that and keep coming even though I think the fight should have been stopped when he turned his back.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I was so surprised Donaire was able to take that and keep coming even though I think the fight should have been stopped when he turned his back.
it almost ended in that round too...even after donaire got up at like 9.9999999999999999999999 3/4 lol....if he didnt land that hook as monster was coming in he would have been outta there