Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
EjVb0FGWsAwpr0w

October update

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Andrade is hard to deal with sometimes, I get it, he wanted more money or whatever but I could care less about the he said she said of a fight hasn't happened 6 years ago.
Can't hold these petty grudges forever, just start the damn negotiations and fight.

I aint talking about that. He said 'Nobody ever signs up to fight him'and I'm just pointing out him and Jermell had signed contracts and a fight date and he backed out. Andrade is in the position Andrade is in BECAUSE of Andrade.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I aint talking about that. He said 'Nobody ever signs up to fight him'and I'm just pointing out him and Jermell had signed contracts and a fight date and he backed out. Andrade is in the position Andrade is in BECAUSE of Andrade.
All that may be true but Jermall just said he only want champions... Does he mean champions not named Andrade.. If so is it because of some shyt form 6 years ago in another division?

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Andrade doesn't make his career any easier that's for sure, but it's also true that out of all top names at 160 Andrade was pretty much the only one Canelo straight up dismissed as "boring fight', we know that "boring fight" is a direct translation of "I don't want him cause he is high risk low reward" but this one sound better so they say it's a boring fight. I like Canelo too and I don't even think he would be afraid of anyone but he clearly didn't like the possibility of that Andrade fight.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
All that may be true but Jermall just said he only want champions... Does he mean champions not named Andrade.. If so is it because of some shot form 6 years ago in another division?
I think he'd fight Andrade tbf but it's more of a question what Charlo's team thinking about taking a potential L or Charlo looking bad vs Andrade and what Andrade's team thinking of letting him fight on another network, possibly getting knocked out (this shoudn't be so hard of a decision since they haven't done shyt with his career so far, they seem clueless)

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I think he'd fight Andrade tbf but it's more of a question what Charlo's team thinking about taking a potential L or Charlo looking bad vs Andrade and what Andrade's team thinking of letting him fight on another network, possibly getting knocked out (this shoudn't be so hard of a decision since they haven't done shyt with his career so far, they seem clueless)
If thats the case he needs to just take his ass up to 168

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
EjVb0FGWsAwpr0w

October update
Is there a reason divisions under 115 not included?
They are less involved in the States and the UK but there are some exceptions. Right now, 2 that I know of, one is Julio Cesar Martinez at 112 who's with Matchroom and the other is Menayothin at 105 who's with GBP

Also, I'd just cut out the WBA Regular from there, but of course, it's not my list.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Is there a reason divisions under 115 not included?
They are less involved in the States and the UK but there are some exceptions. Right now, 2 that I know of, one is Julio Cesar Martinez at 112 who's with Matchroom and the other is Menayothin at 105 who's with GBP

Also, I'd just cut out the WBA Regular from there, but of course, it's not my list.

dont know...i didnt ask dude why doesnt include the ones underneath 115..i should ask

agree with the WBA regular..gotta stop that foolishness

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
They would do better numbers if they stopped with $80 nonsense.. None of these guys outside of Pacquiao or Canelo have the type of draw to be charging that much

It's not about viewership any more, it's just about coming up with the money to cover the purses now.

@120,000 buys/$75 PPV, the card generated $9,000,000. @reservoirdogs made a good point that these fight purses have become inflated, and networks either won't or can't come up with the money that the fighters believe they're worth, at least not in full. They need to go to PPV to keep the fighters satisfied, but it could be hurting their profile going forward.

Edit:

Granted, it would take 225,000 buys at $40 to gross the same revenue.:patrice:

With millions on the line, I trust that the analysts for these networks are pricing them at $75 for a reason. :jbhmm:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If thats the case he needs to just take his ass up to 168
I'm not sure which fighter you meant but it would make sense to both lol

For Charlo because Plant and Benavidez are with PBC.
Wait a minute, let's forget about Benavidez, me might never even make 168 again,but at least he could fight Plant (terrible style matchup for Charlo though :patrice:)
As for Andrade he could goto 168 and fight Smith or BJS. He could go up to 168 and he could automatically challenge BJS for his WBO title ANYTIME,because the WBO rules, I kind of don't understand why he hasn't done it yet. It's a big fight he could actually enforce.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
All that may be true but Jermall just said he only want champions... Does he mean champions not named Andrade.. If so is it because of some shyt form 6 years ago in another division?

I mean who knows, the man just had a fight last Saturday I'm sure they in the works to make a fight. I personally think him and Andrade will unify before next summer, it is the easiest fight against another champ at 160, and Hearn has already showed interest in making the fight.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure which fighter you meant but it would make sense to both lol

For Charlo because Plant and Benavidez are with PBC.
Wait a minute, let's forget about Benavidez, me might never even make 168 again,but at least he could fight Plant (terrible style matchup for Charlo though :patrice:)
As for Andrade he could goto 168 and fight Smith or BJS. He could go up to 168 and he could automatically challenge BJS for his WBO title ANYTIME,because the WBO rules, I kind of don't understand why he hasn't done it yet. It's a big fight he could actually enforce.

Because Andrade isn't actually really looking for the smoke like that. :yeshrug:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
It's not about viewership any more, it's just about coming up with the money to cover the purses now.

@120,000 buys/$75 PPV, the card generated $9,000,000. @reservoirdogs made a good point that these fight purses have become inflated, and networks either won't or can't come up with the money that the fighters believe they're worth any more, at least not in full. They need to go to PPV to keep the fighters satisfied, but it could be hurting their profile going forward.
This is true also.. Only reason Postol and Crawford was on ppv was cause HBO wasn't trying to pay them a decent purse for the unification

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Because Andrade isn't actually really looking for the smoke like that. :yeshrug:
or he gets bad advice, or he waits around cause more money in 160 (not just Canelo but GGG, Charlo).
Don't forget that Andrade was ready to fight BJS twice already. First when he became BJS' mandatory, then BJS popped with the nasal spray. Then BJS could choose to challenge Andrade for his 160 WBO title or fight Isufi for the vacant 168 WBO title. We all know what he chose. This happened when he was with Frank Warren and he was one of his last relevant fighters so right now maybe they could make the fight but so far it has been BJS who ducked the fade rather than Andrade.

I won't argue about Andrade's bad career decisions though, it's painful cause otherwise he is a very talented guy.