Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:mjlol: at Plant still getting tagged in the clips he posted.

The video Heavy Hands put up wasn't even that bad by ass whipping standards, but it definitely not a good look from Plant. They may as well post everything cuz it looks like one guy starts off strong and then the other guy finishes off strong. Basically each person had their moments.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does this even mean? Where did DAZN cut pricing?
Canelo vs Jacobs and Kovalev would have been on HBO PPV for $60, they were on DAZN for $10 and given DAZN didn't consider them premier opponents, they must not have done a whole of business for them.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
They offered fights that may have been on PPV for 20 dollars and are now in the red exponentially.

I dunno man. I know you've always said that DAZN would fail, and even as DAZN seems ready to collapse, I have still disagreed with your reasoning every step of the way.

DAZN is not running based on a PPV model; you can't say they gave a 'price cut' when they're basing their entire operation on subscriptions.

There's a lot of reasons why DAZN is failing right now, but I'm not at all convinced that it's because they didn't go the PPV route. Damn near every sport in America is currently garnering low ratings, so it's not surprising that a fledgling sports streaming service is struggling to meet their subscription forecasts, not to mention a complete disruption to their product as a result of a pandemic.

It's not like going PPV means success either. PBC isn't successful because of what they grossed from Ortiz Wilder 2, Wilder Fury. They got backing from the established networks that DAZN was hoping to compete with.

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I dunno man. I know you've always said that DAZN would fail, and even as DAZN seems ready to collapse, I have still disagreed with your reasoning every step of the way.

DAZN is not running based on a PPV model; you can't say they gave a 'price cut' when they're basing their entire operation on subscriptions.

There's a lot of reasons why DAZN is failing right now, but I'm not at all convinced that it's because they didn't go the PPV route. Damn near every sport in America is currently garnering low ratings, so it's not surprising that a fledgling sports streaming service is struggling to meet their subscription forecasts, not to mention a complete disruption to their product as a result of a pandemic.
Part of the reason they're failing is cause they didn't have enough American fighters.. but are trying to market their app to Americans. A market DAZN nor Eddie Hearn understands.. They stupidly didn't learn from what happened to HBO... Had Canelo, Andrade, and ggg in one division and couldn't get a single unification between the 3.. Had BJS, Callum Smith, and Canelo at 168.. Still no unification.. How the fukk you gonna have a 168 tournament where 3 pf the championship aren't competing :stopitslime: Dumb shyt like this

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
How the fukk you gonna have a 168 tournament where 3 pf the championship aren't competing :stopitslime:
thats not DAZN's issue..they just aired...thats the WBSS that controlled all that...you have to blame the promoters of the then 168 champs for not letting them go in that

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sweet hands out here And 1 mixtaping nikkas during a pandemic with no fight scheduled :whew:
tumblr_mnr4esnQPx1qdu81so1_400.gif

Bullshyt aside I fukks with getting in sparring like that ...not in camp not in fighting shape N In the gym putting in work ... meanwhile the other 168 nikkas putting on baby weight N waiting for Canelo handouts

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

It's not like going PPV means success either. PBC isn't successful because of what they grossed from Ortiz Wilder 2, Wilder Fury. They got backing from the established networks that DAZN was hoping to compete with.
Even before the Pandemic they wasn’t doing no numbers. You can’t have the biggest fighter in the world and not make money off his fights. It’s clear they wasn’t making money off Canelo fights once it said Jacobs had a viewership of 600k. Even if you maximize that you only making 12,000,000. He’ll just off Wilder vs Ortiz 2 PPV they made 20 million from the PPV damn near double what the Canelo fight made.

Them numbers just don’t add up.

I’m thinking even at reduced numbers something like 400k if they had Canelo vs Jacobs for 50 bucks they could have at least made 20 with nobody to share it with and not cutting as much of a loss with Canelo fights.

My truly biggest thing is they should have started low with Dibella or Salita and bided for certain big fights until they could have made a true imprint but they just wanted to burn money.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

Also see what ESPN+ is doing with PPVs, that’s what DAZN should have did.