Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
cmon, lacy was a hypejob. Bud got a couple wins comparable if not better than that. Postol win might even be on par with a win over Kessler
If we talking WW I get the criticism but he was fine at 140

Bud is great but no need to slander my nikka Left Hook Lacy...:mjcry: my nikka fell so far

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
cmon, lacy was a hypejob. Bud got a couple wins comparable if not better than that. Postol win might even be on par with a win over Kessler
If we talking WW I get the criticism but he was fine at 140

fukk outta here nikka

Lacy was the truth until he faced someone who was better than him. You know the thing we been waiting for Bud to do since 2014. :hhh:

and don't you dare compare Postol with Kessler. WTF. :what:

This nikka Crawford had a good run at 135. I'll give him that. Burns, Gamboa, and Beltran is pretty solid, but after that its been fukk all picking up scalps from the desolate wasteland of 140 that the likes of Swift, Khan, Alexander, Bradley already been through and conquered.

Now 140 is popping again so much that Bob is hoping Ramirez beats Taylor (gigantic IF right there) so Crawford can finally have a decent opponent at 147. :snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: L68

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Lacy was the truth until he faced someone who was better than him.
and don't you dare compare Postol with Kessler. WTF. :what:

ain't that what happens with hype jobs :martin:
Once that facade of them being elite crumbles it's usually a wrap
and Postol is a solid fighter at 140 and just proved that AGAIN. This narrative that Postol is trash stems back to ppl Danny Garcia agenda, first time I started hearing ppl trying to downplay the value of a Postol bout. FOH

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Egtn1rqXcAIfVG4

september update

Charlo the WBC champ at 160??

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
ain't that what happens with hype jobs :martin:
Once that facade of them being elite crumbles it's usually a wrap
and Postol is a solid fighter at 140 and just proved that AGAIN. This narrative that Postol is trash stems back to ppl Danny Garcia agenda, first time I started hearing ppl trying to downplay the value of a Postol bout. FOH

So in your words, Crawford is a hype job then since he still hasn't had his moment of truth yet. :pachaha:

Postol is solid, but he not on Kessler level. His claim to fame is beating up a damaged Mattysse. Ramirez struggling with dude is more of an indictment of his limitations than Postol being some sort of great fighter, but go ahead and cook :mjlol:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Not saying Postol is "great" he's solid and worthy of someone getting credit for beating him.
And yall whole agenda is Crawford is a hypejob , so you tell me. Personally I think he did enough to not ever be a hypejob even if he takes a string of Ls but I know nikkas going party if he do so fukk it i'll go along if that ever happens
If Crawford loses to Spence then loses to Porter and Danny and who ever else yall consider good at 147 then aight he a hype job then. I don't see that happening tho. Him and spence a 50/50 fight to me and IF he loses that it don't invalidate his whole career (and vice versa for spence). them other nikkas tho yea i'll be disappointed if he ever lost to them assuming he wasn't completely washed at the time of the bout

So in your words, Crawford is a hype job then since he still hasn't had his moment of truth yet. :pachaha:

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Not saying Postol is "great" he's solid and worthy of someone getting credit for beating him.
And yall whole agenda is Crawford is a hypejob , so you tell me. Personally I think he did enough to not ever be a hypejob even if he takes a string of Ls but I know nikkas going party if he do so fukk it i'll go along if that ever happens
If Crawford loses to Spence then loses to Porter and Danny and who ever else yall consider good at 147 then aight he a hype job then. I don't see that happening tho. Him and spence a 50/50 fight to me and IF he loses that it don't invalidate his whole career (and vice versa for spence). them other nikkas tho yea i'll be disappointed if he ever lost to them assuming he wasn't completely washed at the time of the bout

Bud can't afford to ever lose.

He's in the same situation GGG was in, but without ever beating anyone as dangerous as Jacobs or Lemieux. After the 2nd Canelo fight, guys that were on his dikk like Bread, Fischer, Kellerman all started singing a different tune about dude based off of losing one fight that could have been a draw or gone either way. nikkas started disregarding all the ducking that went on with Martinez, Sturm, Cotto, Eubanks, Quillin, and Canelo waiting him out. Turned a blind eye to the cheating and the robbery from the 1st fight as well.

The narrative turned into..."Well, you have to win your big fights when you finally get em, don't matter if you not at your peak anymore" You had these nikkas questioning if he was HOF level too.

if Bud keeps dismissing all these threats until he eventually has to face one, if he doesn't perform impressively when it does happen, nikkas gon hold it against him a lot harder than they did GGG because the circumstances were more favorable to Bud getting bigger fights

Thats just the way boxing is breh.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Jose Ramirez Cautioned By WBO Of Overdue Mandatory Defense vs. Catterall
By Jake Donovan

Published On Mon Aug 31, 2020, 11:19 AM EST

Whatever doubt lingered in Jose Ramirez emerging with his titles intact versus mandatory challenger Viktor Postol was removed once the scorecards were read in hailing him as winner by majority decision.

Moving forward with plans for an undisputed championship showdown with Josh Taylor, however, can prove to be an even more difficult fight.

Ramirez managed to make the fourth defense of his World Boxing Council (WBO) title following his hard-fought victory over Ukraine’s Postol (31-3, 12KOs) this past Saturday in Las Vegas. Their ESPN+ headliner came on the third try for the 28-year old from Avenal, California, who was due to face Postol on February 2 in Haikou, China, which in turn was reschedule for May 9 in Fresno, with both dates wiped out due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

jose-ramirez%20(4)_2020_08_30_075634.jpg

Lost in the shuffle was another outstanding mandatory title defense, as Jack Catterall (25-0, 13KOs) has been the World Boxing Organization (WBO) challenger in waiting since January 2019. The Puerto Rico-based sanctioning body wasted little time in drawing attention to that outstanding matter.

“It was a closer fight than I thought, but Ramirez retains his WBO title,” Francisco ‘Paco’ Valcárcel, president of the WBO noted after Saturday’s bout. “Congratulations. WBO [m]andatory next.”

Catterall was an inherited mandatory challenger by the time Ramirez picked up the WBO belt in a 6th round knockout of Maurice Hooker in their unification clash last July in Arlington, Texas. Ramirez was ordered to begin negotiations with the unbeaten Brit less than two weeks after becoming a two-belt champ, although it was ultimately decided that the WBC and Postol would be first in line.

The current global health crisis—which all but shut down the sport for the entire spring—resulted in a six-month delay for Ramirez’s eventual clash with Postol. It also delayed plans for Taylor—the current IBF/WBA titlist—to honor his own mandatory title defense versus Thailand’s Apinun Khongsong (16-0, 13KOs), which was pushed back from May 2 in front of a rabid crowd at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow to September 26 in a closed-doors lot at BT Sport Studio in East London.

All involved parties hoped that what would come next was a head-on collision to determine junior welterweight supremacy. Those plans could get pushed back to 2021, if Catterall remains firm on his months-long stand on the topic.

“I am Ramirez’s mandatory and he is going to have to fulfill that at some point,” Catterall insisted this past June. “Of course, he does not want to fight me – it is not going to be as big of reward as opposed to fighting Josh Taylor for a unification involving all four world title belts.

“He is a good solid come forward fighter and world titles are not just handed out, but I believe in myself. I see a few things when studying him that I will be able to capitalize on when we fight. I feel I am getting fitter, smarter, and stronger each day that passes. When it is my time, I will not be denied.”

For the moment, Catterall at least has the WBO on his side

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Crawford has solid wins on his resume. Gamboa, Burns, and Postol are all solid W's but they are just that SOLID not GREAT, and in the case of Postol he was a one and done champ, nobody sits here and says Postol was a Sammy Vargas level dude cause he not the only thing Vargas has going for him is he doesn't seem to get knocked out cold, he can just be beaten into not punching back anymore, but still he held one belt and never successfully defended it and was never able to get another belt and he has fought two other good fighters(Taylor and Ramirez) and lost to them, even if he was competitive, he is just that a solid win, not a great win nobody is going to talk about Postol as being a great win 10 years after Crawford retires.

Problem comes when he gets called P4P #1 when other fighters don't get anywhere close to that acknowledgement having beat better competition. You can say he was undisputed at 140 and a 3 division champ and nobody takes that away from him, but at the end of the day this isn't basketball or football, Kawhi is always gonna be a 2x finals MVP and nobody will ever look at who he played because basketball isn't that kind of sport(mainly because basketball and football you don't get to choose who you play becauseof scheduling and playoff seeding). Boxing isn't a sport where you can't ever fight guys who are highly regarded, whether they have a belt or not, and continue to be looked highly upon forever, because while Horn had a belt and Mean Machine was a mando(no problem with either of these), but Benavidez and Khan are :camby:.

You also can't beg for fights, then when the fighters want to fight you say you don't want to fight them. There used to be a point in time where if a fighter wasn't fighting a mandatory(who pretty much were used for soft touches unless it was a high profile mandatory ie Danny being Spence mandatory) they would voluntarily fight the best available opponent to fight, because you still had to make a good fight even if it wasn't the 'mega-fight'. Kell Brook is the MINIMUM level of fight he should be taking at this point for a voluntary, not Khan or Benavidez. I don't have a problem with Horn(he had a belt) or Mean Machine(Mandatory), but if Spence, Thurman, Garcia, or Porter would have voluntarily made a fight with Benavidez or Khan for a shot at they belt and they were #1 P4P they would of been laughed at, and that's just the truth.

Last edited: