Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
Depends on if anyone you'd consider p4p on there slipped up for him to take a spot lol...now if he beat lomachenko and haney...then that would be a yes!!
He has to beat them both imo alot(includin myself) got Loma top 5
Spence
Crawford
Canelo
Loma
Lopez/ haney
But loma is seen as losing a step so it's a catch 22

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Y’all really overrating Harrison ... I’m 100% positive if I pull up the first fight thread there’s goin be bytching cuz he got Ko by Hurd N Willie Nelson

Now he’s a top quality opp

Facts
He's honestly getting extra bonus points for the fukkery and trash talk he brings. He's gotten his ass kicked whenever he stepped up in competition. Does he have a great skill set, sure. but so does Jrock and that nikka stay getting tried on here. The difference is one of them earned their big victory while the other guy got a fukking Xmas gift.

Dude faked an injury to post pone a fight so he could talk shyt and keep his belt for a whole year so nikkas could finally call him champ.

I'm so glad Mell finished the job during the rematch.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Herring-Oquendo, Nelson-Ware Set Down For September 5, ESPN+
By Random Hits

Published On Thu Aug 13, 2020, 05:09 PM EST

WBO junior lightweight world champion Jamel “Semper Fi” Herring hopes the wait is finally over. Herring, a decorated U.S. Marine veteran from Coram, N.Y., will make his second world title defense Saturday, Sept. 5 against Puerto Rican challenger Jonathan Oquendo at the MGM Grand Conference Center. Herring and Oquendo were scheduled to fight July 2, then July 14, but Herring twice tested positive for COVID-19.

herring-arum_2020_07_11_090435.jpg

In the 10-round super middleweight co-feature, it’s a battle of the Midwest as Omaha’s unbeaten Steven “So Cold” Nelson takes on Toledo’s DeAndre Ware.

Herring-Oquendo and Nelson-Ware will stream live on ESPN+ at 10 p.m. ET, with undercard action to stream on ESPN+ beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET.

“Jamel has had a run of bad luck, but his fortunes will change for the better inside the ‘Bubble’ on September 5,” said Top Rank chairman Bob Arum. “Oquendo is a crafty veteran who understands this may be his last shot at a world title, and I expect him to give ‘The Fighting Marine’ one heck of a fight.”

Herring said, “This postponement is a blessing in disguise because I feel 10 times better than I did three weeks ago. I’m grateful to have another opportunity to get back in the ring. I’ve fully recovered from COVID-19 and I’m more than ready for anything Jonathan Oquendo brings on September 5. Our team has a great game plan and we are eager to carry it out.”

Oquendo said, “I am very happy with finally getting this opportunity to challenge Herring for his world title, as the fight has been canceled twice because of COVID-19. At one point, I thought that maybe the fight was not going to happen, but thanks to God, we are now ready for September 5.

“We are going to win. We are in a very positive mindset. We are going to leave everything in the ring. It’s now or never. It would be a great accomplishment to become world champion at 37. That’s what we are going to do."

Herring (21-2, 10 KOs) returns following the longest layoff of his career, nearly 10 months since he outpointed the previously unbeaten Lamont Roach Jr. at an outdoor ballpark in Fresno, Calif. Soon after his most recent positive COVID-19 test, he received a clean bill of health and resumed training camp in Omaha, Neb. Oquendo (31-6, 19 KOs) rebounded from a March 2019 decision defeat to Roach to shut out Charles Huerta last September. He is 5-1 since a December 2015 defeat to Jesus Cuellar for the WBA featherweight world title.

Nelson (16-0, 13 KOs), who trains alongside Herring and pound-for-pound king Terence Crawford in Omaha, recently moved down from light heavyweight and is ranked No. 8 by the WBO at super middleweight. He last fought in January, knocking out then-unbeaten prospect Cem Kilic on ESPN. A talented artist who designs his fight night attire— he entered the ring as The Grinch with a Santa hat against Kilic — Nelson hopes to notch his fourth knockout in a row. Ware (13-2-2, 8 KOs), a Toledo firefighter when he’s not fighting in the ring, is two fights removed from a February 2019 decision win over the previously unbeaten Ronald Ellis.

Nelson said, “I’ve been training and staying ready in Omaha with my team. Now it’s time to clock in for overtime. No audience? I don’t need cheers to do my job. I’m focused on the task at hand, which is to defeat DeAndre Ware.”

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Benavidez: Yildirim Fight Is Next; He'll Have Extremely Tough Time With Me
By Keith Idec

Published On Thu Aug 13, 2020, 02:31 PM EST

David Benavidez would’ve preferred to make his mandated title defense against Avni Yildirim on Saturday night.

Benavidez couldn’t do that because he already had a contract for an optional defense of his WBC super middleweight championship versus Alexis Angulo. Colombia’s Angulo agreed to challenge Benavidez on April 18 in Benavidez’s hometown of Phoenix after Yildirim reportedly suffered a shoulder injury earlier this year that delayed his title shot.

The Benavidez-Angulo fight was postponed nearly four months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If the heavily favored Benavidez beats Angulo in Showtime’s main event at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut, the WBC has ruled that he must fight Turkey’s Yildirim next.

“That’s the mandatory fight,” Benavidez told BoxingScene.com. “The reason why it didn’t happen this time is because I was supposed to fight in April in Phoenix, Arizona, and Yildirim got hurt. He got hurt or something happened, and Angulo stepped up to the plate. The contract was already signed, so I feel like since he was the one to step up to the plate, I have to grant him that fight. You know what I mean? He was there and the contract was signed already. But if everything goes good [Saturday night], yes, Yildirim is next.”

david-benavidez%20(1)_7.jpg

If Benavidez (22-0, 19 KOs) wins against Angulo (26-1, 22 KOs) and comes out of the ring relatively unscathed, he would want to face Yildirim either late this year or early in 2021. Benavidez’s long-range plans include a title unification fight with IBF champ Caleb Plant (20-0, 12 KOs) and eventually a very lucrative showdown with Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs).

“I wanna get back in the ring as soon as possible,” Benavidez said. “My momentum was rolling when I won the belt [from Anthony Dirrell], and then all this happened [with COVID-19]. I’ve almost been out of the ring for a year. I wanna fight at least three times a year, so if I can fight Yildirim by December or January, then that’s what we’re gonna do.”

Dirrell defeated Yildirim (21-2, 12 KOs) for the then-vacant WBC belt by technical split decision in February 2019 at The Armory in Minneapolis. A cut Dirrell sustained over his left eye during the seventh round prompted a ringside doctor to stop their scheduled 12-round, 168-pound championship match in the 10th round.

Two judges had Dirrell ahead by the same score, 96-94, when that fight was stopped. Dirrell was behind 98-92 on the other scorecard.

They went to the scorecards because Dirrell’s cut was caused by an accidental clash of heads.

Dirrell won the title that was stripped from Benavidez because he tested positive for cocaine in August 2018.

Benavidez – who knocked out a battered, bloodied Dirrell in the ninth round September 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles – is confident Yildirim won’t be nearly as effective versus him as Yildirim was with Dirrell (33-2-1, 24 KOs). Yildirim hasn’t fought in the 17 months since Dirrell defeated him.

“I feel like Yildirim is the type of fighter who just has one type of style,” Benavidez said. “I feel like he’s gonna try to do the exact, same thing to me [that he did to Dirrell]. But he’s not gonna have the same type of success he had with Dirrell, you know, because Dirrell wasn’t doing nothing to keep Yildirim off of him. Dirrell had no jab. He was just trying to punch with him.

“Me, I have a jab, I have great body shots. You know, so I don’t feel he’ll be able to take the shots that I give him. I’m a way different fighter from Dirrell. I feel like I’m way stronger than Dirrell. So, I feel like he’s gonna have an extremely tough time when he gets in the ring with me.”

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
How could Lopez not be P4P if he slumps Loma :dahell:
Agreed, you can't not put him P4P if he does.

I've already had this discussion with other people, and I'm basically gathering that those people will look at Teofimo beating Loma as a fluke W.

"Was Buster Douglas Top P4P just because he beat Tyson? Was Tarver Top P4P just because he beat Roy?" are the type of responses I'm getting :francis:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I honestly don't think people realize how hard it is to knockout world class champion level competition. :snoop:

Especially when there's no weight draining, bad training camps, management turmoil, etc....involved. Just 2 men or women at their best going for it.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I think he will too. It's just stupid that people are ready to downplay Lopez even if he wins :snoop:

"Oh it will be a fluke". nikka it still counts :martin:
Yh thats dumb as fukk which is par for the course for a lot of boxing fans a lot of who are fetal alcohol syndrome sufferers. Loma is still p4p and wasn't close to getting knocked out. Stunned by Linares yeah but ko? Nah plus he is defensively sound.