Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
nah smoke..the question was comparing tito and floyd's welterweight wins...not against each other

I'm going with Floyd on this one. This is taking into account my own scorecard for Trinidad-De La Hoya. While a 26 year Oscar is better than any of the guys Floyd beat, I don't think Tito won anyway. DLH was ahead enough on my card that I still had him a close winner despite losing the last 3 rounds.

Trinidad wasted away from 1995-98 fighting overmatched opposition, sometimes on undercards. He had a very good 1994, with stoppage wins over undefeated contenders Yori Boy Campas and Oba Carr, then his opposition was disappointing until 1999. He tried to get out of his contract with Don King to get bigger fights, even signing with Main Events at one point before King stepped in. Pernell Whitaker was a solid win as Tito was the first to clearly beat Pea, but Pea was on the slide by then due to age and drug issues.

I'd put the Floyd win over Pacquiao over Tito's win over Whitaker. Other notable WW wins for Floyd would be Mosley, Ortiz, Judah, Maidana. Mosley was 38 but also coming off a big win over Margarito. Tito's other WW wins don't really give him an edge over Floyd other than sheer numbers of title defenses. Carr was a solid contender, untested at the time (and only undefeated because he got a gift over Bramble), and that's what he was throughout his career. Campas was always a heavy handed guy who threw nice short punches but was very limited defensively. Blocker was ready to be taken at that stage in his career.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Your the only one they found it that way, why is it
They’re both my 2 my favorite fighters growing up. It’s interesting because Tito’s prime he ran through 147 though some of the names were kinda :francis: where Floyd looked his most dominant 130-140 with more well known names. And even at 147, Floyd has the nether Resume. But a near 7 year run at Welterweight running through everybody is much more impressive.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
uuUISc.gif

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
They’re both my 2 my favorite fighters growing up. It’s interesting because Tito’s prime he ran through 147 though some of the names were kinda :francis: where Floyd looked his most dominant 130-140 with more well known names. And even at 147, Floyd has the nether Resume. But a near 7 year run at Welterweight running through everybody is much more impressive.
People have picked on both sides of the spectrum though

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Hearn "Working Hard" To Finalize Katie Taylor-Delfine Persoon Rematch
By BoxingScene Staff

Published On Tue Jul 7, 2020, 04:07 PM EST

WBO, IBF, WBA, WBC lightweight Katie Taylor is looking to set the record straight with Delfine Persoon.

Eddie Hearn, who promotes Taylor, is trying hard to finalize a rematch with Persoon.

The second contest is targeted for August 22 in Brentwood, as part of the undercard to the heavyweight clash between Dillian Whyte and Alexander Povetkin.

taylor-hearn_1.jpg

The initial plan was for Taylor to fight dangerous puncher and multi-division champion Amanda Serrano.

The two sides have been at odds with some of the terms, which has now sent Taylor in another direction.

In June of 2019 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, Taylor was a very close decision over Persoon in their full division unification clash. The bout was featured on the undercard to Anthony Joshua's first bout with Andy Ruiz.

There were numerous observers who felt Persoon had done enough to win or scored the bout as a draw.

To put an end to the controversy, Taylor wants the rematch.

"We are working hard on the Taylor versus Persoon rematch for August 22," Hearn told Sky Sports.

"Katie wants the biggest fights out there and when Serrano pulled out, Katie immediately asked about the Persoon rematch.

"The first fight was one of the best I've ever seen live and as a fan I would love to see it again. Whyte versus Povetkin and Taylor versus Persoon 2 is an epic double header - let's see if we can get it done."

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If TR was smart and had ANY foresight, they would have 2 minute snippets every show on Inoue coming to America on some Samurai sh!t or modern day Bruce Lee. They need to build his debut right and take advantage of this opportunity with all this airtime.

Frampton is over the hill
Taylor is boring
Conlin has some potential but not against the elite of the elite.

One of Lopez and Loma are about to lose some lustre after September.

Inoue can either be pushed right and somewhat get decent ratings or even blow up if they do it properly... or we can have 400 K average viewers and a wasted opportunity.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
i couldnt respect it..i thought it was too struggle...tszyu was too great to go out like that :francis:
I watched a Tszyu interview last year and he mentioned that he was completely zapped from having to make weight, more than any other fight of his career.

Said he hated to make excuses but wanted to be 100% honest.