Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whyte is one of the few fighters i know of that won’t just lay down and take a UD. Even at the top level some fighters will just be content with a UD loss.

I completely agree with that, if he’s gonna lose he’ll probably go out swinging which could make for an entertaining fight.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
He didn't really though, he was winning the fight quite comfortably and had 2 knockdowns against Parker who'd never been knocked down before amateur or pro prior. He gassed at the end, got caught and took a knee and tried to hold to buy time. He still won clearly.

Whyte certainly has flaws, his stamina can be called into question and he can get caught with shots too. He got knocked down by Rivas too but didn't look extremely hurt then and won the fight easily. These vulnerabilities can make the fights compelling, nobody in the division is without flaws, Fury also got knocked down prior to Wilder by Cunningham and Pajkic, he may appear to be the man right now but he's not invincible. There was a chance that fight vs Wallin could have been stopped if Wallin was better and a bigger puncher.

That's what makes this shyt interesting, none of these fighters in the heavyweight division currently are invincible, all have flaws. Fury would start favourite vs Whyte but Whyte definitely poses a threat and would definitely be within the top 3 fighters Fury has ever fought thus far.

And i'm still picking Fury to beat em without much issues

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
That's reasonable, as I said I'd make Fury favourite too.

You know I've always been on Whyte's neck but despite that, I can't knock dude for being healthy and game to always fight. Sucks that's he's STILL without a world title fight. Literally no reason acceptable as to why that hasn't happened yet

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I hope AJ goes back to the old AJ...to be fair I did want to see him blast Ruiz out but that will do.

I’m thinking in the mindset that you got to go into the Fury fight knowing it will be hard to get him on points. You got to bring the fight to him. What do Parker have to do with Fury tho. I think if you bring the fight to Fury he will fold:manny: but if you let him get in his bag on the outside you ain’t got a shot.
Fair enough but I don't think Fury folds that easy, he showed signs of mental toughness in fights before. Like getting up from Wilder knockdowns and even bullying Wilder after the second KD that looked like a finisher, or fighting through the whole Wallin fight with that deep cut or coming back from a hard KD against USS to later finish him.

I agree that sustained aggression and volume is the way to beat Fury but I suspect Whyte would gas, he doesn't have the best stamina even when he's in his top shape. As for Parker I mentioned it cause Parker got a good chin but easier to tag than Fury and Whyte was unable to finish him.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
these kids and social media lol

his ppv reign is only a matter of time :francis:

we hate on oscar and ppl were predicting doom after Schaefer left but if GBP can pull off DLH->Canelo->Ryan Garcia transition with those guys being the cash cow of their respective era's that's still impressive considering the position the company is in otherwise