Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
It has two sides, cause while no doubt Kovalev was past his prime he was still a top 5 guy in a strong division and who out of Canelo’s rivals at 160 and 168 had the balls to take a fight up there? As funny as it may look Canelo knocking out KKK is still better than just about anything Plant/Benavidez/Charlo/Andrade/BJS/Smith/Derevyanchenko/Jacobs/GGG have done. If it would have been so easy to just go up to 175 and knock a top 5 guy out like that then I think we’d have seen more fighters having a go at it.

Don’t get me wrong tho the Dirrell fight would be bad, I don’t want that, Dirrell coming off a loss an d realistically ain’t even top 5 (his RING rating at 3rd is ridiculous) of a not that strong division.
Derevyanchenko is a better fight ifc what weight

Your'e right, it's so easy to sit back from this nice armchair and criticise someone that has moved up in weight like that and still knocked out a top fighter in Kovalev, i agree.

Golden Boy/Canelo/Reynoso always looking a little funny in the light with those b fighter negotiations for mines though.

The timing of the Kovalev approach was masterful tactics
  • Just come off the Yarde fight, big fight, long fight. Kovalev had what like 8 weeks to get ready for Canelo? I could be wrong with that number, but i remember it was clearly designed to ensure that Kovalev didnt' have a smooth run into the fight. (let's not discuss, whether or whether not Kovalev was on the take, rape case, old fighter pressure, last payday, 'Sergei, don't dive, but just perhaps take the steam off that last little bit towards the end there. Drop your guard differently in those last few exchanges in a manner in which you haven't at any stage even remotely similar to at any point in the fight thus far.') I'm still undecided on that, but i wouldn't put it past Golden Boy for a second.
  • They approached Plant 2 weeks after he fought Fiegenbutz over 10 rnds and wanted a fight in 8 weeks (again with the short lead in time.)
  • The wanted to fight Billy Joe, which granted, is a step up in boxing IQ, ring generalship, but clearly is a fighter whom struggles with conditioning, and lets be honest, would be open to some sort of 'cash payment' if the situation called for.
I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but i think i'm like most fight fans in that i believe true immortals in the ring are the ones who take on anyone, anytime. It's not a realistic attitude, as money, uneaten legacy, negotiations, contracts take precedence, today and yesterday for the most part.

Doesn't mean i don't notice it though.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
My new boo bought me a pair of Everlast Power lock for Father’s Day

Them hoes feel like pillows compared to my Everlast MX... there’s a huge difference... Floyd smart af making Chino wear Powerlock :russ:

I just bought me a pair of these and my goodness they are soft, shyt feels like feathers.

I wish I had somewhere to hang a 200 lb bag. The townhomes I'm in won't let me hang anything from the wooden beams over 100lbs so I'm stuck with the 70lb bag. :mjcry:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

He falls in line pretty much with my views on weight jumping. I have no problem with weight jumping... if you have already cleaned out your division. I do have a problem with jumping up in weight or staying at a weight you really have no business being at to your convenience keeping good fights from happening. If Manny jumps up to 160 to fight GGG instead of fighting Spence or Crawford, fukk Manny might be the first time I ever root for GGG to annihilate somebody.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
I'm far from a conspiracy theorist

Lol you sure, bro?

let's not discuss, whether or whether not Kovalev was on the take, rape case, old fighter pressure, last payday, 'Sergei, don't dive, but just perhaps take the steam off that last little bit towards the end there. Drop your guard differently in those last few exchanges in a manner in which you haven't at any stage even remotely similar to at any point in the fight thus far.') I'm still undecided on that, but i wouldn't put it past Golden Boy for a second.

The wanted to fight Billy Joe, which granted, is a step up in boxing IQ, ring generalship, but clearly is a fighter whom struggles with conditioning, and lets be honest, would be open to some sort of 'cash payment' if the situation called for.

:camby:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Lol you sure, bro?

:camby:

Shiiit, on track record alone BJ Saunders is way ahead of most as far as 'anything goes'.

Oxilifrine, yayo, hooker fights for the gram. Son doesn't stop with the bullshyt. I'm not saying i don't like Saunders, shyt that parry the jab left pivot out thing he does is a thing of beauty.