Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That's a topic interesting to hear for me, a non US person.
I know Texas supposed to be strict. Is it THE strictest though? And generally, which parts of the US are less and more strict? Is there a pattern like all the East coast states are less strict and the Souther ones stricter or it's entirely on a state to state basis with very strict and very light states popping up random on the US map?

texas is stricter than most..to put it light they have an extreme crime deterrent mentality...mandatory sentences for the most minute crimes or putting inflated numbers behind punishments that doesnt fit the crime

make no mistake yaya is going to do some time in that state IF she cant get a self defense argument in her favor..but to do life in prison for somebody she didnt kill is harsh

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Say what you want about Plant, or if he would beat them or not, but you can't take away the fact that he is just about the only fighter from 160-168 who is actually trying to fight the other champs and not just sit around and wait on Canelo. Boxing needs more of this than just star chasing, I wish other fighters would actually take notes. Only fighters I've seen(not named Canelo or Pac) who really take chances are Spence, Inoue(hell all the sub featherweight fighters), and the 154 fighters with PBC... I guess throw Usyk in there as well(even though I feel he is slightly overrated).

A lot of the rest of them just sit around and wait for a mega fight instead of building they own lane and being the mega fight.

sorry i cant take plant as somebody who wants to fight when he has mike lee and an ibf mandatory very few have heard of on his record after winning the title...thats why you gotta keep an eye on who he fights for his 3rd defense very closely

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Literally who is one fighter Spence took a chance with? Maybe Kell Brook? You're just a huge Spence fan man, gigantic difference.

That is a big chance bro, going oversees to fight for his first belt, he could of waited until a belt became vacant(like a lot of fighters do now a days), but he went and actually took the belt off somebody, in they own backyard. After the Porter fight he could have taken a real tune up but he was gonna fight Danny instead. What I'm saying is he doesn't sit around and fight a bunch of bums waiting for a big payday, he actually is taking steps to become a big payday.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
sorry i cant take plant as somebody who wants to fight when he has mike lee and an ibf mandatory very few have heard of on his record after winning the title...thats why you gotta keep an eye on who he fights for his 3rd defense very closely

He sent an offer to Callum Smith, did he not? Benavidez literally said he don't want to fight him right now bro. As of right now Plant aint the boxer I'd be questioning his intentions, I'd be questioning Benavidez.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@patscorpio are you still subscribed to DAZN? I noticed the price never increased and I'm still being billed @ $9.99. :ohhh:
Hell yeah..and im like this is good :leon:..:ohlawd:

upload_2020-4-22_10-27-24.png

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Still question Pacquiao's heart in 2020 brehs

So wait, you couldn't make the fight when Pac was at Top Rank because 'He felt like Crawford was too dangerous, high risk low reward.' yet now that Pac is fighting on PBC you believe you can make the fight, when Pac is that much older now and it would be an even harder fight now than it was back then, AND he is on a rival promotion who still has plenty of good options for him to fight? :stopitslime:

Man Bob, Crawford, and Top Rank are full of shyt bruh. :hhh::camby:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
So wait, you couldn't make the fight when Pac was at Top Rank because 'He felt like Crawford was too dangerous, high risk low reward.' yet now that Pac is fighting on PBC you believe you can make the fight, when Pac is that much older now and it would be an even harder fight now than it was back then, AND he is on a rival promotion who still has plenty of good options for him to fight? :stopitslime:

Man Bob, Crawford, and Top Rank are full of shyt bruh. :hhh::camby:
Its not even that deep.. Arum ass just didnt want to pay him and basically failed him as a promoter. Haymon revived Pacquiao career and now we where we are now

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Its not even that deep.. Arum ass just didnt want to pay him and basically failed him as a promoter. Haymon revived Pacquiao career and now we where we are now

I know he didn't want to pay him, I'm talking about all the bullshyt ass excuses Top Rank/Arum gave as to why, from a business standpoint, an easy ass fight to make couldn't be made. Bob was basically saying Pac was a shot old man YEARS ago and he was 'worried for his health' in a potential Crawford matchup, yet Pac has had a great late career run with PBC now all of a sudden he can do business with him and match him up to Crawford?! :mindblown:

Bob is a cancer on this sport I swear. :scusthov:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I know he didn't want to pay him, I'm talking about all the bullshyt ass excuses Top Rank/Arum gave as to why, from a business standpoint, an easy ass fight to make couldn't be made. Bob was basically saying Pac was a shot old man YEARS ago and he was 'worried for his health' in a potential Crawford matchup, yet Pac has had a great late career run with PBC now all of a sudden he can do business with him and match him up to Crawford?! :mindblown:

Bob is a cancer on this sport I swear. :scusthov:

Thats what Im saying.. We are in agreement.. Bob FAILED Pacquiao as a promoter. He gave up on the man. And that was sad to watch.. All Pacquiao needed was motivation and deserved compensation... Bob admitted to blocking the fight. that shyt was straight :scusthov:.. I honestly believe Arum has gone senile. He shoulda been passed the reigns over to someone else

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Thats what Im saying.. We are in agreement.. Bob FAILED Pacquiao as a promoter. He gave up on the man. and then admitted to blocking the fight.. I honestly believe Arum has gone senile. He shoulda been passed the reigns over to someone else

Bro it never made ANY sense the reasons he gave for not making the fight. Pac was the past, Crawford was the future, why wouldn't you use Pac to put over Crawford, especially if Crawford is as good as you say he is? Al is clearly doing that with Pac and Spence.

There's only one of two reasons why you wouldn't make the fight:
1. You don't want to pay Pac his premium.
2. You think Pac might fukk around and win the fight, and take the WBO belt with him and not be under contractural obligations anymore to you.

Either way Bob full of shyt.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Thats what Im saying.. We are in agreement.. Bob FAILED Pacquiao as a promoter. He gave up on the man. And that was sad to watch.. All Pacquiao needed was motivation and deserved compensation... Bob admitted to blocking the fight. that shyt was straight :scusthov:.. I honestly believe Arum has gone senile. He shoulda been passed the reigns over to someone else
Bob really did him like that :scust:
Pacman turned up the Roy Jones and told erone y'all musta forgot :ufdup: