Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
benavidez stays talking that shyt :mjgrin: @ChocolateGiddyUp
Plant beating Uzcategui was more impressive anything Benavidez has done.
That doesn't mean Plant is better than him too but I think he is.
I was never that high on Benavidez, he's one of those guys I'm not as high as the public is. He has yet to convince me that he's this future star many envision him to be.
Yeah he has fast hands, decent power and I guess (?) he's tough but it's not like I haven't seen him struggle already with guys like Gavril. He's moving as he stuck in cement and he is very hittable. Plant showed me more so far, he's a good, quick boxer, not just his hands are fast but he's fast on his toes too.

Benavidez is the kind of guy who's gonna pan out something good if he's really so tough that sucking at defense and being slow on his feet won't matter cause he will be able to turn every one of his fights into some war of attrition shyt and won't matter if he gets outboxed in the process of a stoppage win. It happens but it's rare. I can't give that to him in advance though, just cause he was eating Gavril's and Anthony Dirrell's punches doesn't mean he gonna eat them from anyone. We gonna see on the highest level whether that will work out for him or not, but he's not gonna be this gifted technical marvel, won't outbox guys like Plant.

And saying BJS hits harder than Plant kinda makes this a hype building trash talk doesn't it?

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Plant beating Uzcategui was more impressive anything Benavidez has done.
That doesn't mean Plant is better than him too but I think he is.
I was never that high on Benavidez, he's one of those guys I'm not as high as the public is. He has yet to convince me that he's this future star many envision him to be.
Yeah he has fast hands, decent power and I guess (?) he's tough but it's not like I haven't seen him struggle already with guys like Gavril. He's moving as he stuck in cement and he is very hittable. Plant showed me more so far, he's a good, quick boxer, not just his hands are fast but he's fast on his toes too.

Benavidez is the kind of guy who's gonna pan out something good if he's really so tough that sucking at defense and being slow on his feet won't matter cause he will be able to turn every one of his fights into some war of attrition shyt and won't matter if he gets outboxed in the process of a stoppage win. It happens but it's rare. I can't give that to him in advance though, just cause he was eating Gavril's and Anthony Dirrell's punches doesn't mean he gonna eat them from anyone. We gonna see on the highest level whether that will work out for him or not, but he's not gonna be this gifted technical marvel, won't outbox guys like Plant.

And saying BJS hits harder than Plant kinda makes this a hype building trash talk doesn't it?

Bruh he was TWENTY when he fought Garvil. Still green at that time but since then he's blown away all ops he's faced. Im not high on the Angula scrap that's planned but w/e.

I like em a lot but i can DEFINITELY see why some aren't sold on him.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Helps to have size and strength. This shyt right here? This shyt right here?

I'm like is he in the nfl?:mjtf:

When I was a bouncer and we had to rumble with a big dude the first thing we did was take him off his feet and it was a wrap, we would proceed to pack his ass out

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
When I was a bouncer and we had to rumble with a big dude the first thing we did was take him off his feet and it was a wrap, we would proceed to pack his ass out

i used to do security too...shyt it didnt even matter if it was a big dude..i remember there was a regular sized dude...got up in the club..he was trippin over getting patted down...so he got in the face of one of the bouncers talking gun shyt..so they snatched him up (i was at the bar)...i swear they made sure his head hit some walls lol and damn near slammed him on the concrete....he was :dead:...shyt was real

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Ehh it’s more so about living above your means.

Based on those earnings, I’m quite sure he can get all that stuff. Rather, it’s if he should get all that shyt when he’s not even a 1M dollar fighter.

It’s not like he see’s all that money you still got expenses like taxes, trainer, manager, etc.

Just off the multiple bentleys and RRs he has to be highly leveraged with debt, no doubt one of those cost as much as one of his entire lower gross purses
Not even counting taxes and training expenses
He probably has negative net asset value right now. But they know he has potential to get $5m-10m rather "easily" if need be with either a canelo fight or something more mid tier :yeshrug:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Just off the multiple bentleys and RRs he has to be highly leveraged with debt, no doubt one of those cost as much as one of his entire lower gross purses
Not even counting taxes and training expenses
He probably has negative net asset value right now. But they know he has potential to get $5m-10m rather "easily" if need be with either a canelo fight or something more mid tier :yeshrug:
Knew we’d see you in here