Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
shyt if Andrade somehow someway shut him down he'd be avoided like like covid 19
i feel the two of them fight in such extremes of each other, and are so opposite, one of them will completely impose himself onto the other one, no in between about it. one of them is telling the truth and one of them is lying. put it that way.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
i feel the two of them fight in such extremes of each other, and are so opposite, one of them will completely impose himself onto the other one, no in between about it. one of them is telling the truth and one of them is lying. put it that way.
That’s pretty much it. I feel like that’s been the most intriguing matchup at 160 for at least the past couple years or so.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
might need a rewatch on the vargas fight :patrice:...because i remember winky struggling more with soliman than he did with vargas

i felt no sympathy for winky on the taylor fight though..he gave that fight away IMO

yeah because Soliman is a volume puncher, which stylistically, the best way to clearly beat a prime Winky IMO. Even if he was in his prime against Paul Williams, that fight was all wrong for him. Paul was an elite volume puncher, much better then Sam. That was really the first fight in his career where he was absolutely dominated. Having said that, he did manage his career poorly at the end with inactivity and opponent selection.

I would have liked to see Wright vs Ouma. Ouma had that kind of style to potentially out hustle him. I think Wright vs Margarito would have been interesting as well.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
yeah because Soliman is a volume puncher, which stylistically, the best way to clearly beat a prime Winky IMO. Even if he was in his prime against Paul Williams, that fight was all wrong for him. Paul was an elite volume puncher, much better then Sam. That was really the first fight in his career where he was absolutely dominated. Having said that, he did manage his career poorly at the end with inactivity and opponent selection.

I would have liked to see Wright vs Ouma. Ouma had that kind of style to potentially out hustle him. I think Wright vs Margarito would have been interesting as well.

def agree with the bolded...he should have went after taylor again but he went after bazooka ike...which he won convincingly...not knocking that..but then jumps up to face someone like bhop i thought it was too much...bhop made sure of that...he took too much time off and instead of going after a soft touch..he goes after punisher and like you said got dominated..hit with every punch in the book...then takes 3 years off only to come back and get beat up by quillin..thats why we have the winky wright school of business as a boxing term

wright vs ouma would have been dope...i think wright would have been too big for margarito...margarito never really handled being at 154 in his prime well...those daniel santos fight always stuck out to me

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
:comeon:

First Mayweather counter or check hook woulda had Khan on his bike

Doesn't this basically prove my point? That's it's impossible to look back and give Khan the benefit of the doubt because his flaws have been put on full display multiple times
Imagine if Wilder loses badly to Fury again, then loses badly to Andy Ruiz or something. No one will say Wilder could have beat Anthony Joshua if they fought in 2019, despite the facts tons of ppl were saying it at that time