Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There were weirdos in the fight thread talking about his achilles wasnt torn tho:francis:

I said it from the jump his reaction to it led me to believe it was a tear.

Dudes think because basketball players get carried off w that injury he couldnt have torn his shyt. :snoop: boxers are a different breed.:salute:
Because he said afterwards no surgery was required and he would be back to training after 3 months, no surgery and 3 months of rest is unheard of for a complete tear of an achilles.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wild how underreported this Kovalev shyt is, Kathy Duva and her daughter be on that woman empowerment shyt while still promoting this dude and ducking and dodging all questions related to his incidents

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
yall remember to this?

EC4bNciXUAAtOL6

:russ:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
some interesting footwork

Most of the Uzbeks I've seen are quite fleet footed, it's interesting. I can't exactly tell how much of that footwork training is fash and how much is substance though. Is it the footwork equivallent of playing patti cakes on the pads (more often than not it's rather just flashy than effective) or is it legit?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Jay Nady at the end saying "You over-trained" :mjlol:

the whole fight was fukkery from the beginning..the years of thumping with the heavies was wearing him down...so he was like "hey let me drop 40 pounds to 175 where ill have advantages again"..ill never forget USS talmbout Chris looked like a smoker when he saw him..and chris goes in there and gets the beating of his life from a guy who was a fringe 175 contender at best

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Most of the Uzbeks I've seen are quite fleet footed, it's interesting. I can't exactly tell how much of that footwork training is fash and how much is substance though. Is it the footwork equivallent of playing patti cakes on the pads (more often than not it's rather just flashy than effective) or is it legit?

ive never seen footwork drills like that..thats for sure

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Khan: I'm The One Fight Mayweather Avoided and Didn't Want!
By Boxing Clever

Published On Tue Jan 14, 2020, 04:28 AM EST

Bolton star Amir Khan is convinced that he was avoided for several years by retired five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.

A fight between Khan and Mayweather had been discussed numerous times, but it never came off.

In 2014, Khan felt he was getting close to securing a Mayweather bout. But Mayweather would face Marcos Maidana, twice. Maidana was red-hot at the time, after winning an upset decision over a ten undefeated Adrien Broner.

Mayweather retired back in September of 2015, when he dominated Andre Berto over twelve rounds. Khan was reportedly in the running for that fight, but he was passed over.

mayweather-khan.jpg

Mayweather returned to the ring once more in August of 2017, when he stopped UFC superstar Conor McGregor in ten rounds. Afterwards, he retired once again with a perfect 50-0, record.

There is now talk by Mayweather, that he will fight once again by the end of this year.

But Khan, a 33-year-old former champion and Olympic silver medal winner, is not holding his breath that showdown will come off.

“I’ve always thought I could have Floyd Mayweather’s number,” Khan said to BT Sport.

“I knew in the back of my mind I could have the beating of him. Styles make fights and that’s just one fight he avoided and didn’t want.”

Now the big fight for Khan is a domestic cracker with former IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook.

Brook is back in the ring on February 8th in Sheffield, against American Mark DeLuca. The date will mark Brook's first bout since December of 2018.

A fight between Khan and Brook has been approached for several years. At this point, it's now or never to make the contest happen.

delusional

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
So how come Ennis isn't signed with one of the 3 big platforms yet?
I know he appears on Showtime but as far as I know he's not a PBC/Haymon guy.
How come nobody pulled the trigger yet? Seems quite obvious that he's one of the top prospects and he's also an American from a fight crazed city who participates in a glamour divison too.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
delusional
I've always maintained that was a weird matchup for late career Floyd :hubie:

We ain't talking about greatness, just about matchups, and late career Floyd that didn't punch as much would have had to turn back the clock to beat Khan. I 100% think he would have done it, but it would have been Floyd's most interesting and compelling fight from that time. Floyd ain't one-shot KO'ing Khan, and Khan's activity was gonna have him stealing a lot of rounds.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I've always maintained that was a weird matchup for late career Floyd :hubie:

We ain't talking about greatness, just about matchups, and late career Floyd that didn't punch as much would have had to turn back the clock to beat Khan. I 100% think he would have done it, but it would have been Floyd's most interesting and compelling fight from that time. Floyd ain't one-shot KO'ing Khan, and Khan's activity was gonna have him stealing a lot of rounds.

Floyd would have blanketed Khan. Same Khan during that time frame was having Algieri and Jojo Diaz issues.