Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Looking back, we shouldn't be surprised at the Wilder/Fury decision. The whole purpose of making this fight was because Wilder was expected to beat Fury and give himself leverage in future negotiations for Anthony Joshua.

Its like when GGG vs Danny Jacobs (on a larger). Many people felt Jacobs won that fight, and yes I know that fight was much closer, and no I'm not trying to rehash that fight again. But let's be real, they weren't gonna give Jacobs that fight and ruin the Canelo/GGG fight. Much like that fight, there's too much money in a Wilder/Joshua fight. Unless Fury knocked out Wilder, he wasn't getting a decision win

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Looking back, we shouldn't be surprised at the Wilder/Fury decision. The whole purpose of making this fight was because Wilder was expected to beat Fury and give himself leverage in future negotiations for Anthony Joshua.

Its like when GGG vs Danny Jacobs (on a larger). Many people felt Jacobs won that fight, and yes I know that fight was much closer, and no I'm not trying to rehash that fight again. But let's be real, they weren't gonna give Jacobs that fight and ruin the Canelo/GGG fight. Much like that fight, there's too much money in a Wilder/Joshua fight. Unless Fury knocked out Wilder, he wasn't getting a decision win

We shouldn't have big fights at all then, if we always gonna give it to the A side so he can continue on to bigger things. nikkas is taking the unexpected out of boxing.

Judges fukking sucked period. GGG/Jacobs is a bad example. You had just as many people saying GGG won that shyt as you had Jacobs. Regular close fight type banter.

Better example is Oscar vs Sturm. Everybody saw a fat Oscar get hands put on him by some unknown German cat only to still get the win, because we all knew the Hopkins fight was on its way or be damned. nikkas aint sit thru Hopkins fighting Allen for the 17th time only for a Oscar fight to not happen.

nikkas is making the corruption too blatant. The draw is becoming the new robbery. shyt is like a pause button on nikkas careers so it don't go downhill. Too many major fights are having draws nowadays. shyt is disgusting.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
We shouldn't have big fights at all then, if we always gonna give it to the A side so he can continue on to bigger things. nikkas is taking the unexpected out of boxing.

Judges fukking sucked period. GGG/Jacobs is a bad example. You had just as many people saying GGG won that shyt as you had Jacobs. Regular close fight type banter.

Better example is Oscar vs Sturm. Everybody saw a fat Oscar get hands put on him by some unknown German cat only to still get the win, because we all knew the Hopkins fight was on its way or be damned. nikkas aint sit thru Hopkins fighting Allen for the 17th time only for a Oscar fight to not happen.

nikkas is making the corruption too blatant. The draw is becoming the new robbery. shyt is like a pause button on nikkas careers so it don't go downhill. Too many major fights are having draws nowadays. shyt is disgusting.
So right about Draws

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
So right about Draws

JackDeGale
CaneloGGG1
StevensonJack
BronerVargas
WilderFury

Only one fight out of that list truly felt like a draw which was Broner vs Vargas. You could tell Broner was more talented, but Vargas was the harder worker so they kinda canceled each other out in different stages of the fight. You could easily give both 6 rds a piece. Nobody really took over decidedly round wise. One guy won the first half clearly, while the other guy won the 2nd half clearly.

The rest of the fights above had clear winners, but nikkas either have style preference bias or just can't score fukking fights for shyt, or just straight up corruption.

JackDeGale robbery. DeGale started out good and got an early knockdown, but fizzled out by the 4th and got walked down and beat up for the rest of the fight. Even dropped and this nikka still don't lose. Jack was robbed of a great comeback an a official win.

CaneloGGG1
- robbery. One guy clearly controlled more of the fight than the other while throwing and landing more.

StevensonJack - robbery. Superman won the 1st 6 rds and then won a late rd where he hurt Jack with a body shot. Close competitive fight, but Stevenson won 7-5 clearly. Most just seemed to give Jack more credit for the rds he won late since he won more dominant, but they were still 10-9 rounds. Same thing with all the early and mid rds Superman clinched.

WilderFury - robbery. Wilder won like 3 rds tops and 2 of those rds had a knockdown. No way he accumulated enough points to score a draw or a decision.

That's 5 draws in 5 major fights from 2017- 2018.

That's unacceptable. :camby:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I don't necessarily say any of today's top HWs would beat prime Vitali and Wlad (maybe Fury would beat prime Wlad too though as he is a horrible style matchup to him) but surely this is a more entertaining HW era than the last one with more depth in it after the top 2-3 imo.

top 20 HWs w/o order now imo are

Fury
Whyte
AJ
Joyce
Chisora
Takam
Kabayel
Kuzmin
Povetkin
Usyk (in advance)
Pulev
Hrgovic
Breazeale
Miller
Wilder
Kownacki
Jennings
Hunter
Ortiz
Parker

It's a pretty good set of names imo, also quite diverse company. There are 5 Brits, 2 Western and 5 S/E-E Europeans, 6 US guys and even a Cuban and a Kiwi

Daps
Wilder fans seem to have disappeared around here I wonder why :mjgrin:

Been telling you guys that UK is the new home of heavyweight boxing and all I got in response was 'lol UKasuals'

God bless the Gypsy King :desiigner:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

I think Joshua vs Wilder finally gets made. Presuming Team Joshua has smartened up and came to their senses.

That's still the biggest fight out there, we've now had 2 instances where it all could have gone up in flames. They simply cannot risk it anymore

Yeah agreed. Nobody wants to see AJ vs Big Baby, or AJ vs Whyte or Chisora again. Wilder almost lost his big money fight to Fury. They gotta make the fight now, before it's too late.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Even though AJ vs Wilder is still the fight to make. I actually wanna see the Wilder/Fury rematch even more.

AJ done froze himself out of the picture and now prolly gotta throw some extra millions on any deal he offers them two.

This whole saga has had too many close calls already.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
WilderFury - robbery. Wilder won like 3 rds tops and 2 of those rds had a knockdown. No way he accumulated enough points to score a draw or a decision.

That's 5 draws in 5 major fights from 2017- 2018.
At this point more than one knockdown shouldn't matter in boxing, the fact is it's a draw there was no damn robbery. I would have cried "Robbery" if Wilder only had one knockdown. You gotta watch the fight again Wilder didn't have three rounds, though Fury had more rounds than Wilder but 3? Nah. The decision was fair and logical.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Even though AJ vs Wilder is still the fight to make. I actually wanna see the Wilder/Fury rematch even more.

AJ done froze himself out of the picture and now prolly gotta throw some extra millions on any deal he offers them two.

This whole saga has had too many close calls already.
I still want to see AJ vs Wilder cause stylistically it's the most intriguing matchup. As for the "who's the best heavyweight" matchup I'd like to see Fury vs AJ cause to me and many other Fury beat Wilder already.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
At this point more than one knockdown shouldn't matter in boxing, the fact is it's a draw there was no damn robbery. I would have cried "Robbery" if Wilder only had one knockdown. You gotta watch the fight again Wilder didn't have three rounds, though Fury had more rounds than Wilder but 3? Nah. The decision was fair and logical.

Bruh shut the fukk up and don't ever respond to my post again without thinking logically.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Samuel Peter knocked Wlad down 3x in there fight and still lost the decision. Nobody with a set of eyes thought it was a draw or a win for Peter.

Peter would eventually get dropped multiple times against McCline and still got the decision. First thing out that nikka mouth was how he now understands how you can get dropped 3x and still win a decision :mjlol: