Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
"My drug addiction was for depression, after losing with Maravilla Martinez ... When I lost with Maravilla in 2012, I had a very strong sense of disappointment and I started drinking a lot, consuming drugs; I smoked marijuana, I took a lot of pills, because I had trouble sleeping. I dropped alcohol for two years; I left it, but I picked up pills and in the end it was the same, it was hurting me," Chavez told Telemundo.

Maravilla :wow:

not a fan of Chavez Jr but good to hear him getting sober :salute:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

The war for these 2 LHWs (Bivol and the winner of Alvarez vs Kovalev 2) gonna be interesting

DAZN and Sho but if Gvozdyk dethrones Stevenson even ESPN can all join this.

If Stevenson loses his belt Showtime is in a bad spot imo then they would have no belt and only Jack/Browne

If Gvozdyk would lose ESPN would have only a little bargaining power but as we saw Brant just signed them and they don't have much bargain power in 160 either. Brant wasn't a (real) champion though like Bivol or Alvarez/Kovalev and probably less offers than two 2 will get.

Bivol has pre-existing relationship with Hearn idk if it would matter but there's that

Alvarez has pre-existent relationship with Showtime. His last 2 fights by the end of January were both on different networks though and question is how pleasant are his Showtime years memories where he couldn't secure a title shot for year and became somewhat of a joke in the public's eye because of his step asides. His promoter GYM has one of its fighters on DAZN (Beterbiev) and one on Showtime (Stevenson), all Montreal based but I'm guessing a Stevenson unification would bring more money to them than a Beterbiev one...?
If Stevenson wins in December I can see him sign either Sho or DAZN maybe depends on where Bivol would go, if Stevenson loses to Gvozdyk he goes DAZN imo.

Idk where Kovalev would go if he wins. Has no pre-existing relationship with either... On DAZN he could unify with his old rival Beterbiev and possibly with another Russian, Bivol. If he goes Sho he can fight old rival Stevenson (unify too if Stevenson doesn't get beat before)

Not sure who has more money to offer out of the 3 tbh, all throwing around big money nowadays.