Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
So brehs, i've been boxing for two months now and we now do some light sparring (no hit to the heads, soft touches to the body) and as I prefer targetting body punching, it's fine for me. I'm more of an out-boxer and I usually fare quite well against other out-boxers as my reach is good and I'm a bit lighter on my feet but against infighters I don't know how to proceed. Dudes just rushing me with no regard to getting hit (as we don't hit the head yet). I'm a lefty so my options are mostly pivot to my right and lead hook to the ribs or maybe a step back + stiff jab to the body to prevent their advance ? What are other options in the context I'm in ? Maybe do the Rigo step back to the left and unleash a straight/looping left ?
say you and i are boxing. we are standing still and i decide to take a step in. you step back and cancel out my step in. but if i take two steps in, now im on your chest.

if you dont like guys breathing on you, you need to have more than a step back and a pivot.

theres a lot to it, but heres two quick tips you can incorporate right away.

when you step back

21mpY75.gif

add a skip.

Og4uI1e.gif

it looks like this.

Jf4iNSk.gif

when you pivot to the side.

yTSQuEW.gif

dont stand still. keep moving.

OFiwN51.gif

a step back and a pivot are important go to moves to have in your skill set. you should work on them every day. but a single step back and a single pivot should only be used in isolation when you are dealing with a guy who is just taking single steps in at a time. now, by adding on to both of those moves, you can cancel out those extra steps i might take after my first step in, keeping me off of your chest, and my face on the end of your jab.

after a while, you will get comfortable with it, and start putting all your moves together creatively.

cIruRCq.gif

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The FOX website has now put Boxing as a sport visible on the menu on their website.

It just replaced UFC on their menu in terms of order...you now have to click on other sports to see UFC. On their boxing page they now have a section with some Spence, Hurd and Wilder highlights from this past year which were uploaded the last 24 hours...trying to get the ball rolling.

The one thing they really need to pick up on though is getting today's official coverage on their Youtube channel and IG. I'm actually shocked that they don't have anything on the Fox Sports Youtube or IG yet, strange. In fact, the only video coverage I'm seeing of this is from die hard boxing channels, sites and IGs.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
The FOX website has now put Boxing as a sport visible on the menu on their website.

It just replaced UFC on their menu in terms of order...you now have to click on other sports to see UFC. On their boxing page they now have a section with some Spence, Hurd and Wilder highlights from this past year which were uploaded the last 24 hours...trying to get the ball rolling.

The one thing they really need to pick up on though is getting today's official coverage on their Youtube channel and IG. I'm actually shocked that they don't have anything on the Fox Sports Youtube or IG yet, strange. In fact, the only video coverage I'm seeing of this is from die hard boxing channels, sites and IGs.
I haven’t really look into it but is UFC no longer on or gonna be on a Fox anymore? Did their contract end?

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They will be on ESPN+ as of January

You think they will create a separate "PBC on FOX" official Youtube channel like how UFC has "UFC on FOX" as an official channel..or will they just have everything on Fox Sport's Channel..or even the PBC one.

I'm hoping they just keep it straight on the FOX channel

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Figueroa vs Molina is the category of fight which I'm not psyched about but I'm gonna take it, like Pac vs Broner or Kownacki vs Washington.

2 things about this event yesterday: I think it's cool that PBC is doing events like this. It's a demonstration basically but a good kind and it's nice to see all these boxers up there. And regardless of the quality of some of these fights it gives you the impression that these guys really know what they are doing and that they are a step ahead with the planning with them having announced fights up to April.
Which brings the question why ESPN/TR doesn't do the same? Is it because TR's stable not big enough? It would be still a good promo probably.
I don't think DAZN would do something like this (well they had some conferences but not a rollout conference like this) cause they are solely a stream provider.

The other thing is that I liked that promo video they made to the Charlo card even though I still think picking a spoiler like Willie Monroe as Charlo's entree opponent on the new FOX deal was stupid.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Oh and Mikey can :camby:with throwing subliminals at probably Crawford and/or Loma.
Crawford because he said this BS about him explicitly earlier. Idk where he got the idea that Crawford's fights are not entertaining and that Crawford is just "running" but I guess it's a good excuse to never fight him. Mikey's last 3 fights ended in UDs, Crawford's last 5 fights ended in stoppage. I'd say his fights are pretty damn entertaining, Mikey just knows that a fighter who has the lateral movement and foot speed of Crawford would be hell for him stylistically.
If he meant it to Loma who many people wanted him to fight it's also. a bullshyt. Lomachenko is an offensive fighter just not a give and take kind and his last 8 fights didn't go to distance.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
anthony dirrell is basically getting gifted the WBC belt..its a shame

Not so sure about that. Yildirim can be a very live dog there.
Dirrel doesn't have Eubank's hand speed and combination punching, he can punch but he is pretty up and down. So is Yildirim. This could be a war where any of them can win. I'd rather say none of them really deserves to get a belt now and that the WBC shouldn't have stripped Benavidez

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Not so sure about that. Yildirim can be a very live dog there.
Dirrel doesn't have Eubank's hand speed and combination punching, he can punch but he is pretty up and down. So is Yildirim. This could be a war where any of them can win. I'd rather say none of them really deserves to get a belt now and that the WBC shouldn't have stripped Benavidez

i wouldnt be surprised if dirrell takes dude out in 1 lol

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
What does this FOX deal mean for PBC on Showtime?

This is a list of who's available to fight after the FOX deal:

1. Devon Alexander
  2. Andre Berto
  3. Gervonta Davis (supposedly fighting in January - possibly on Pac/Broner PPV)
  4. Robert Easter Jr
  5. Erislandy Lara
  6. Abner Mares (supposedly fighting in January - possibly on Pac/Broner PPV)
  7. Gary Russell Jr
  8. Austin Trout
  9. J-Rock Williams