The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Seems like this would work better as a movie or something with a different name but maybe 2 seasons is the exact time they need to start and finish the story before people grow tired of it. If it's even a hit that is.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I’m in off the strength of having another black show to watch. The trailer was very creative as hell with no major studio budget behind it. I’m interested to see how far it gets changed from the original intent.

I would have a lot more confidence if this was just Will backed with Netflix or HBO. The major networks have a way of watering drama down to appease the masses. I also forecast a major Fresh Prince rollout from Peacock/NBC which is a bar way too high and is a recipe for disappointment. For me, I’m treating this as a completely separate entity and not attaching it to FP at all.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm really shocked they didn't take the Netflix deal. Especially since Will is exec producer of Cobra Kai, and he saw how the series exploded even bigger now that it's on Netflix.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
bel-air-cast-announcement-1345x1080-12-1631634811647.jpg

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot Names Its Cast - IGN

THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot Names Its Cast

The stars of the sitcom that's been flipped-turned upside down into a drama.

By Matt Purslow

Updated: 14 Sep 2021 12:35 pm

Posted: 14 Sep 2021 12:26 pm

NBCUniversal's streaming service Peacock has announced the cast for its Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reboot, which will be named simply Bel-Air. Among the cast of series regulars will be Jabari Banks, Adrian Holmes, and Cassandra Freeman.

Bel-Air is a "dramatic analogue" reimaging of the 90s sitcom Fresh Prince, which looks deeper into the conflicts, emotions, and biases of its characters during hour-long episodes. Will Smith's character, Will, is set to be played by newcomer Jabari Banks. His wealthy aunt and uncle from Bel-Air, Phillip and Vivian Banks, will be portrayed by Adrian Holmes and Cassandra Freeman respectively.

The remainder of the cast are as follows: Olly Sholotan as Carlton Banks, Coco Jones as Hilary Banks, Akira Akbar as Ashley Banks, Jimmy Akingbola as Geoffrey, Jordan L. Jones as Jazz, and Simone Joy Jones as Lisa.

The show will executive produced and run by T.J. Brady and Rasheed Newson, who are working with Westbrook Studios, a division of Will Smith's Westbrook Inc.

Last year a Fresh Prince reunion was held, which celebrated the 30th anniversary of the original sitcom. It seems safe to say from the stated direction of Bel-Air, it will be a fairly different show to the original and beloved Fresh Prince. Bel-Air is currently planned to air in 2022.

Matt Purslow is IGN's UK News and Entertainment Writer.

In This Article

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Summary:

Will Smith stars as a teenager from inner city Philadelphia who's sent to California to live in with his wealthy relatives in the hopes that they will "straighten him out and teach him some good old-fashioned values" but Will soon takes his rightful place as The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.