The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was definitely hesitant based off the trailers but the first few minutes of the episode just gave me the right vibes. Feels real authentic.
I feel that. But I don’t judge stuff off trailers either. Marketing is the marketing and that all that is. The premise was enough to at least get me curious and make sure I watched the first episode.

I’m curious to see how the coli reacts. Normally this place vacillates when it comes to criticism. When critics love something the majority love, the critics are right. When they don’t, the critics are wrong lol. The pretzel twisting is a thing of beauty

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Will and Carlton's all out war could be interesting.
I love that the show takes minor stories or unsaid stories from the sitcom and makes them into full blown things. Will and Carlton, viv and Hilary, Phil and Geoffrey, etc. it just draws all those stories out to paint a fuller picture of that world. Even the family’s relationship with the black community as a whole is now a focal point of the drama.
It’s a plus having black writers on this and it shows in everything.

Ezra

Daps
I liked it. This would still be a decent show if it was a different title.

Like if they took a kid out of the south side of Chicago and put him w rich fam where his uncle is a judge in the Hamptons, it would still be a good show. But people would call it a Fresh Prince rip off.