The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Finally on the second episode now and man this version of Carlton is way more of a sucker than the OG one ever was. Dude is insufferable but a very accurate portrayal of white washed white validation-seeking Black men.
Bro played the hell out of the role. The fact he had people angry is a sign of it

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts. Dude is a whole Nigerian but he sounds like a valley girl. The rest of the cast is great, and but he almost ruins the show.
The Carlton character would probably suffer the most from the dramatic repackaging of TFPOBA, even more so than Will (due to the very minimal/no comedy laughable moments) Even though this version leans more into the Carlton of the 1st season of TFPOBA, the original had comedic elements to offset the pompous, ignorant, lightweight c00nish vibes, which made him a fan favorite.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Its Peacock’s biggest show. It’ll get its second season. I’m more worried about the actual QUALITY of the season

Isn’t Yellowstone waaay more popular on Peacock? I actually enjoy that show. This Bel Air shyt, I’m not feeling at all. It’s trying to cram and push too many agendas at once. They ruined all of the OG characters, ESPECIALLY Carlton.

Carlton was a spoiled suburban square, but never a snake ass c00n like this new show portrays him to be. Hillary was never attracted to Jazz like that. Ashley was not LGBT or non-binary (or whatever terms they use). Uncle Phil was totally different character wise and was a fat goofy looking man.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Isn’t Yellowstone waaay more popular on Peacock? I actually enjoy that show. This Bel Air shyt, I’m not feeling at all. It’s trying to cram and push too many agendas at once. They ruined all of the OG characters, ESPECIALLY Carlton.

Carlton was a spoiled suburban square, but never a snake ass c00n like this new show portrays him to be. Hillary was never attracted to Jazz like that. Ashley was not LGBT or non-binary (or whatever terms they use). Uncle Phil was totally different character wise and was a fat goofy looking man.

1). Ratings - "Bel-Air" Shatters Peacock Records; Crowned Most-Streamed Original Series on Peacock | TheFutonCritic.com

2). Its a drama now not a sitcom, they had to change characterizations of the main characters for DRAMATIC purposes. They made Will less silly, Uncle Phil less honorable, Viv less endearing, and Geoffrey less flippant.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
move-push.gif

I'm thinking some of it hit too close to home for her. :mjpls:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
1). Ratings - "Bel-Air" Shatters Peacock Records; Crowned Most-Streamed Original Series on Peacock | TheFutonCritic.com

2). Its a drama now not a sitcom, they had to change characterizations of the main characters for DRAMATIC purposes. They made Will less silly, Uncle Phil less honorable, Viv less endearing, and Geoffrey less flippant.

They made Geoffrey into an enforcer. A straight up goon.
:mjlol:

I’m gonna finish it though. I have to watch the last two episodes. Might as well. I give it a 5.5/10 so far. At least it depicts our people in a more positive light and shows that Black People can be successful and influential. It reminds me of that Greenleaf show that Oprah put out.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Feel like this had great casting all around. Only questionable person on here is Lisa. She feels older than she actually is supposed to be on here.

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm