Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he’ll pop up on RBE once every year or two. It’s still a nice check at the end of the day

I could see a sponsor being willing to pay him more than Smack or ARP would. A sponsor might look at the numbers for all his content and pay him based off that. That's a different bag.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
So Hustle is the reason 40 had to pull out the Coffee battle and now she's backing out the Roc battle? Hustle fukking off.

And editing the Cal/Chess battle to make it seem more competitive than what it actually was is very discriminatory and bias. I'm surprised Cal is taking the high road the way that he is considering the issues he had with how Summer Madness 2 was edited.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I have Clips winning 8 out of his last 10 battles. There are some people that have him winning the two I have him losing.

Clips beat Phara
Clips beat Math
Clips beat Twork
Clips lost to Geechi
Clips beat Couture
Clips beat B Dot
Clips lost to Oun P (MC War)
Clips beat Chess
Clips beat Bigg K
Clips beat Lu Castro

yeah Clips been on a roll for the most part. haven't seen the Oun P all the way thru. and i got his Geechi battle debatable.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So Hustle is the reason 40 had to pull out the Coffee battle and now she's backing out the Roc battle? Hustle fukking off.

And editing the Cal/Chess battle to make it seem more competitive than what it actually was is very discriminatory and bias. I'm surprised Cal is taking the high road the way that he is considering the issues he had with how Summer Madness 2 was edited.
Anxiety attack. Hustle was not jumping in. From 40s own mouth.

Goodnews

All Star
Daps
When battlers (well, certain ones are exempt from this) take this approach they’re called out for ducking or being scared.

speaking of that. Now that I think about it I think about it maybe Mook knew Eazy already shot scenes for Bel-Air. I believe him when he said he wants to go through his entire preparation process to have a good battle but a part of me also thinks he wanted the show to premier so Eazy would have a bigger profile. That just seems like some Mook shyt to do.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The company’s job is to protect the company and its brand. :yeshrug: I never had an issue with editing battles, and Cal has benefitted from URL’s protection before (Heartless).

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
The company’s job is to protect the company and its brand. :yeshrug: I never had an issue with editing battles, and Cal has benefitted from URL’s protection before (Heartless).

You mean protecting Chess's brand? The company doesn't jeopardize anything by leaving in Chess's chokes. The people paying monthly to watch the edited battles are dedicated fans and are gonna support regardless. I'd actually argue that posting the battles as they're originally recorded would go a long way to developing good will with the fans and would benefit the company.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You mean protecting Chess's brand? The company doesn't jeopardize anything by leaving in Chess's chokes. The people paying monthly to watch the edited battles are dedicated fans and are gonna support regardless. I'd actually argue that posting the battles as they're originally recorded would go a long way to developing good will with the fans and would benefit the company.
Chess IS part of URL’s brand breh. He’s somebody they’ve invested in heavily over the years and essentially only battles on their platform. There’s a lot more incentive to protect him than Calicoe. What does it benefit URL for Chess to be seen choking all over the place again??

Goodwill with the fans is well overrated. Nobody is canceling their app subscription over this. And let’s not act like this shyt is even new, they’ve (battle rap as a whole, not just Smack) been editing out chokes forever.