Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
why is his status as such then?
Not sure but like Rep said, he just has a stigma to him. Kinda like Cortez. Maybe because he started battling doing the over the phone battles with Angryfan, so maybe people don't take him serious because of that. I don't know. But he's always had this "Snake Eyez is trash/a loser" type energy attached to his name.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I'm honestly not that surprised. Snake Eyez don't really lose battles.
i lost watching that battle vs Hennyman, and Nunn Nunn looked like he hit a new level against Quest Mccody, so...

The battles i've seen with him, like the aforementioned Hennyman battle or Ace Amin battle, he's not interesting at ALL. With mfs sayin this is the best snake eyez ever, i'm curious with what that looks like.

some of y'all pure lu castro haters like it's y'alls jobs so i won't entertain that part, but thinking Big T was gonna clear anyone halfway decent in 2021...really wish i coulda bet you nikkas on that one. that was easy money

young yeesh

All Star
Daps
In the spaces they shouted out JB from URL. They said he came to help out MM for free.

Not surprised. MM can help the stock of these stagnant mid tiers more than the app can. Even the Ultimate Madness tournaments didn’t help the Holmzies and Bills of the world

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
why is his status as such then?

out of the URL Stratosphere and really only making a name lately for being on Angryfan getting in shouting contests with random nikkas tryna big bro everyone from the outside in. Think an RBE Tsu Surf without any of Tsu Surf's legacy outside of making it to a Summer Madness Card (the makeup Summer Impact joint)

In the spaces they shouted out JB from URL. They said he came to help out MM for free.

Not surprised. MM can help the stock of these stagnant mid tiers more than the app can. Even the Ultimate Madness tournaments didn’t help the Holmzies and Bills of the world

Bill's always gonna be fine since he seems to not be in a URL contract. anywhere you can get exposure he seems to be there. Holmzie insulated tho to the app.
MM got the backing of probably the most popular battler currently in BR AND is gonna have Youtube drops :wow:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

Thats because the nikkas been trash outside of that. Thats THEIR fault. Hell Holmzie got 90 divided by 3'd vs B Dot RIGHT after.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

Neither one of those dudes carry themselves like an adult or acts their age.

You probably watch a lot more of this stuff than I do so you would know better I guess...but Gotti seems like he's just playing the battle rapper role when he's on bullshyt, like as soon as the battle and promoting is over he's right back to being humble and respectful to everybody. I watched his docu shyt about his neighborhood, I got nothing but solid vibes from him, nothing ignorant or fake tough like pretty much all his peers.

I saluted Danny for not manhandling Roc and his reasoning behind not breaking his teeth when Roc was acting like a typical battle rapper, very solid. Emerson Kennedy too, seems like a good dude...I know he boxes so that may have something to do with it. People who can and will really fukk you up don't have the energy 98% of these battlers have.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Their fault for taking it easy on each other. Bill would have won, and maybe did something with it

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holmzie is not an entertaining battler. There was only so much winning a tournament could do for his career. He has to clearly win battles to be in the mix which is hard to do.

Bill is a weird mixture of entertaining, dope at times, but he’s also kind of trash so he’s all over the place.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Big T was more excited about the 1st class flight than the battle so you should've known this was gonna happen :francis: A lot of fans would've lost money if they did the betting system like they originally planned

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Big T was more excited about the 1st class flight than the battle so you should've known this was gonna happen :francis: A lot of fans would've lost money if they did the betting system like they originally planned
Only the 4 nikkas from Chicago that would have bet on Big T

superchoops

Superstar
Daps

"imma beat yo ass for takin this battle...THIS close to black history month"
nah thats fire :ehh:

Saw EZ say Snake and Lu had POTN