Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“If” Surf didn’t choke :russell:
“If” Clips gave us more than 65% :heh:

“If” y’all don’t stop that BULLSHYT :russ:
Chess was having a great performance, choked and LOST, it’s not the end of the world DAMN.

The nikka LOST fair and square, THAT’S IT :ufdup:
:mjlol: End of the world. It aint that deep. Just one man’s opinion. I preferred Chess to Top that battle. Not like I’m out here screaming he got robbed or something

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
It's about time this genius started giving out strikes and shyt to the people who rip his show and put it on youtube before him. He let that shyt ride for months.

And aint no way Con fukkin with Rum, lol...that shyt would be like George Gervin vs. KD, old head paved the way but nah.

Even he know Con bring the views. nikka seen all them potential dollar signs in ads/clicks and smartened up quick lol

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What? and two round surf did?

Daylyt earned it too? by literally trolling his way through battle rap an occasionally rapping? (albeit at a high level) Like, I get it. But JC can't just sit around and wait for these dudes to come outside. Not everyone can just sit down and wait for battles.
He can though. And that's the price for it.

The reason people become big in the first place is because they keep some aren't in front of your face 24/7, showing up in a battle every month, taking any check they can get. If he wants to get to that level, he's going to have to move like he's on that level. Battle rap isn't the only hustle in the world, he can make money doing something else if it's a money issue. That's only if he truly cares about getting those big battles.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Surf earned it by being the biggest active fan attraction in battle rap. Whether you like him or not Surf is the Rock to Hitman's Stone Cold in the URL era. Surf is the biggest draw on URL that currently battles.

This isn't 2003. Battle rap is a full blown business. You don't get a feature with Hov or Nas (Which Lux would be in battle rap terms), just because you had some fire verses on 38 Spesh's mixtape. That's not how this works. Regardless if you could out rap Hov or Nas, that doesn't matter. You gotta build your name up to get those looks.

Lux is 36 not 23. I'm sure a part of him would battle more for rec, but he knows this is a business and you have to protect your brand. That's why he gets 50K+ a battle and doesn't have to come outside but once a year, while JC has to battle 15 times to get that.
Jesus.

I'm turning 35 in a couple of months. If you put a picture of myself and a picture of Lux side by side you would think he was 15 years older than me. Which is doubly as crazy because he clearly lives a MUCH cleaner lifestyle than me. Lux must have had a lot of stressing during his lost nikka days to explain some of the aging.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus.

I'm turning 35 in a couple of months. If you put a picture of myself and a picture of Lux side by side you would think he was 15 years older than me. Which is doubly as crazy because he clearly lives a MUCH cleaner lifestyle than me. Lux must have had a lot of stressing during his lost nikka days to explain some of the aging.

Lux has looked old in the face since forever, that's just what he looks like. Go back to the first Mook battle he didn't look "young" then.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't this kind of disrespectful to K Shine? Or am I reading it wrong. Why would the league post that quote? :ohhh:

Lol it's disrespectful to both imo. They saying Chilla gonna have the better bars but it won't matter cause he still gonna take an L.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol it's disrespectful to both imo. They saying Chilla gonna have the better bars but it won't matter cause he still gonna take an L.
True, but they're saying he'd only lose because he's not as popular as Shine tho.

Shine is inferior skills wise but popular so he'll win, lol, I'd be heated if I was Shine.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
True, but they're saying he'd only lose because he's not as popular as Shine tho.

Shine is inferior skills wise but popular so he'll win, lol, I'd be heated if I was Shine.

The quote is from Tsu Surf's manager, but yeah I can see taking offense to it but I'd just look at it as the league trying to create dialogue. But Shine is hot headed so he probably won't.