Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Holy shyt I been looking for the name filiko for two days and was legitimately about to ask you where the hell has he been? When miltown bloe was big, people said he had next. I don't even think he had a URL battle. I can't even find shyt on youtube bro.

Yeah I don't know why he doesn't battle more often. Maybe it's because he's in JJ's league and they not doing battles right now but his pen is elite. Delivery is kinda boring sometimes tho

Fliiko L had a PG and BULLIED that nikka, shyt ended up in a scuffle and never dropped.
(I believe he got blackballed after that incident)

His material vs Xcel was amazing :wow:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
sorry breh Kid Chaos and Fliiko arent even in the same sentence as JC pen
Agree to disagree.

I like JC infinitely more than both for the record. JC kills both of them in delivery, conviction and timing. But I really pay attention to wordplay, similes, metaphors.. they are just as good.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Agree to disagree.

I like JC infinitely more than both for the record. JC kills both of them in delivery, conviction and timing. But I really pay attention to wordplay, similes, metaphors.. they are just as good.

Dope writing and rapping goes WAY deeper these three things. Thats why I have JC and Daylyt and such high regard. There's like 81 literary techniques. Using just metaphors and similies don't make you a dope writer. JC and Daylyt do alot of internal rhyming. Slant rhyming masculine and feminine rhyming. AABB ABAB ABBA and so forth. JC is also big on alliteration. Amongst other things. I could go on all day but the fact you put Fliiko in the same sentence as JC is repulsing. nikka can't even rhyme more that 2 syllables. And he doesn't even rap. He just talks with punchlines. That's another topic though. nikkas aint rappers or writers. Just battling for quick clout and bread. nikkas is ass.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dope writing and rapping goes WAY deeper these three things. Thats why I have JC and Daylyt and such high regard. There's like 81 literary techniques. Using just metaphors and similies don't make you a dope writer. JC and Daylyt do alot of internal rhyming. Slant rhyming masculine and feminine rhyming. AABB ABAB ABBA and so forth. JC is also big on alliteration. Amongst other things. I could go on all day but the fact you put Fliiko in the same sentence as JC is repulsing. nikka can't even rhyme more that 2 syllables. And he doesn't even rap. He just talks with punchlines. That's another topic though. nikkas aint rappers or writers. Just battling for quick clout and bread. nikkas is ass.
Didn't you just call Lux trash and he literally does all of this stuff better than everyone else??

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
1. Didn't you just call Lux trash and 2. he literally does all of this stuff better than everyone else??

1. What you talking about

2. Thats literally debatable. There are things that nikkas do better than Lux and vice versa

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Puns are trash though and that's basically what schemes are. Ive come around to them in battle rap, but I refuse to accept them anywhere else.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

I agree with all of this about writing. But you’re wrong about Fliiko. He can do all of that. He’s not as good as JC with some of that (compound syllables, internal rhyme schemes, shadow punching) but he’s definitely more clever and more complex than JC.