Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
maybe this will force Pat to have more bars than jokes since there will be little to no laughter

i get that Pat has a lot of funny shyt but the dude has always had bars, too. now i will say that he got away from that sick twisted shyt on KOTD he used to do. and went at his opponents more by clowning them.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i get that Pat has a lot of funny shyt but the dude has always had bars, too. now i will say that he got away from that sick twisted shyt on KOTD he used to do. and went at his opponents more by clowning them.
Pat hasn't had bars in a LONG time, and even back in the day they weren't top level. He's always relied on a lot of performance and jokes, the jokes a lot more ever since Calicoe took away his tough guy aura. Pat isn't gonna outrap anyone but he should likely have a strong angle, maybe he'll be able to rebuttal something Shine says, and he can still use some comedy to a point. This is why I wanted this battle with a crowd though.

Ardamus

Daps
Pat hasn't had bars in a LONG time, and even back in the day they weren't top level. He's always relied on a lot of performance and jokes, the jokes a lot more ever since Calicoe took away his tough guy aura. Pat isn't gonna outrap anyone but he should likely have a strong angle, maybe he'll be able to rebuttal something Shine says, and he can still use some comedy to a point. This is why I wanted this battle with a crowd though.

Well we gotta disagree then. He has relied on joked more now. But back when he was going up against Arsonal and Marv on KOTD, he had more bars then. It was shock value shyt he was trying to get over on mostly. But they were bars. Calicoe did that because of what he said in that Marv battle. Now, don't jump to conclusions and say I said he was going to outrap Shine; you said that. All I said was he had bars.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well we gotta disagree then. He has relied on joked more now. But back when he was going up against Arsonal and Marv on KOTD, he had more bars then. It was shock value shyt he was trying to get over on mostly. But they were bars. Calicoe did that because of what he said in that Marv battle. Now, don't jump to conclusions and say I said he was going to outrap Shine; you said that. All I said was he had bars.
I mean, they all got bars on some level. :yeshrug: I think Pat Stay is a C level lyricist with great freestyle ability, one of the best in battle rap when it comes to humor, and he does well with angles. As far as pure writing goes, I think he's either average or below average. Put it like this, I think he is very good at battling, but I would not wanna hear his rhymes from a cypher.

Ardamus

Daps
I mean, they all got bars on some level. :yeshrug: I think Pat Stay is a C level lyricist with great freestyle ability, one of the best in battle rap when it comes to humor, and he does well with angles. As far as pure writing goes, I think he's either average or below average. Put it like this, I think he is very good at battling, but I would not wanna hear his rhymes from a cypher.

So, ok....maybe I like the way he uses angles, too. That's a fair point. I don't know about a cypher but he's made a song or two, I thought was cool. I'll give slightly above average. B minus at best. My only problems I had with him would be the overkill on the shock value and in a few battles he was too choppy.

Xcel said it best on My Expert Opinion tho. It's actually hard to write bars that are jokes which I get because typically in comedy you are shooting for a particular reaction. So the whole thing with being able to be consistent in that respect, I can salute.