Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Real sikh vs chilla too close for me to call. Fans kinda won 3 great rounds from both of them

My original opinion was chilla took it edging the 1st and 3rd rds but I'm not mad at anyone saying sikh won. This class is incredible

Yeah. Razor close battle. I had it the same way. Chilla edging it out, but very debatable. Depends on what angle you’re looking at. Will definitely be rewatching a few times.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
of course the URL is going to drag it out

Lol I don’t know Norbes financial situation, but I guarantee that’s the last thing he wants
John Reel mentioned this when it first came out that if URL is smart, they'll just keep postponing it and then dry Norbes out to the point he can't afford it

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
John Reel mentioned this when it first came out that if URL is smart, they'll just keep postponing it and then dry Norbes out to the point he can't afford it
These type of lawsuits often get held up for years and a corporation can afford to keep it going longer than an individual , chances are eventually he either drops it or settles for the low

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
121620865_2867642103469272_653738509298056006_o.jpg

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL steady hatin on RBE behind the scenes...

I listened to about 12 mins of this.

It’s pretty logical why the URL wouldn’t want these guys to battle on other leagues while they build their profile on the URL.

If anyone remembers the pre contract era, where all these lower tier leagues popped up, nyggas were going around performing poorly, hurting their status, coming unprepared to url events because they battled in Nebraska last week, etc. It was awful. URL had no choice but to create contracts.

The issue here is that this doesn’t benefit ARP. ARP relies on guys that have been in the URL system to create his cards.

Hypothetically, now all of sudden, if ARP wanted to book Jey the Nitewing, would it be fukked up if the URL told Jey “if you battle on RBE, we aren’t fukking with you?” Perhaps, but we all know if Jey doesn’t battle on the url, ARP probably would never have interest.

In this scenario, URL and RBE aren’t suppose to be on the same page. The way their business models are, they’re suppose to collide. There’s no way around it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I listened to about 12 mins of this.

It’s pretty logical why the URL wouldn’t want these guys to battle on other leagues while they build their profile on the URL.

If anyone remembers the pre contract era, where all these lower tier leagues popped up, nyggas were going around performing poorly, hurting their status, coming unprepared to url events because they battled in Nebraska last week, etc. It was awful. URL had no choice but to create contracts.

The issue here is that this doesn’t benefit ARP. ARP relies on guys that have been in the URL system to create his cards.

Hypothetically, now all of sudden, if ARP wanted to book Jey the Nitewing, would it be fukked up if the URL told Jey “if you battle on RBE, we aren’t fukking with you?” Perhaps, but we all know if Jey doesn’t battle on the url, ARP probably would never have interest.

In this scenario, URL and RBE aren’t suppose to be on the same page. The way their business models are, they’re suppose to collide. There’s no way around it.
RBE is parasitic in nature, the nikka just refuses to realize that unless both parties agree to that type of relationship, URL is not wrong at all in blocking his shyt