Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
This is fire but it's still disappointing not gonna hear any of these type bars going at Mook next month. Mook/Roc probably a more even battle though.

Yeah SMX was cool but Mook vs Brizz would have taken it up a notch. Plus Brizz saying something more on this track would have been fire.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm wondering the same thing. Debo said QOTR is getting the same treatment over there that URL is getting but it's yet to be seen.

Debo says all sorts of shyt. nikka be lying his ass off. URL vs. QOTR might as well not happen, all the top women said they aren't down, and I say there's a 75% chance it's his fault.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm wondering the same thing. Debo said QOTR is getting the same treatment over there that URL is getting but it's yet to be seen.

I saw this episode. He really didn’t reveal much.

Logically, it would make sense for QOTR to appear on Caffeine. When someone posted the numbers a few weeks back, it showed that the traffic was down tremendously when there was no battle rap events. The URL with combination of QOTR can keep plenty of events coming to caffeine.

However, Caffienes deal is with URL, not QOTR. I can also see QOTR not being on there at all unless it’s some versus url event.

I still think QOTR would just be better off if URL just owned it.

Debo is not that guy.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Debo says all sorts of shyt. nikka be lying his ass off. URL vs. QOTR might as well not happen, all the top women said they aren't down, and I say there's a 75% chance it's his fault.

They don’t fukk with him at all.

Female battle rap would be better off if Smack, Beasley, & Chico were overlooking it.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

Yea i agree with all this lmao.

They don’t fukk with him at all.

Female battle rap would be better off if Smack, Beasley, & Chico were overlooking it.

I do think URL should just own QOTR but i don't think Smack and Bease should overlook. Smack has made it known numerous times there's only a very select few girls he thinks are good.

They need to have a dedicated talent scout/manager just for the girls that reports back to URL. Kinda like how P is directly responsible for the PGS but obviously funding/branding/promotion is still under URL.

Debo really ran QOTR into the ground. It's a shame.

Last edited: