Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
10000000% sure id fukk Danny up in SFV. Against an AI that Im sure wasnt set to 10 this nikka pressed cMK after getting his button stuffed by a jab. Got the hit then thought his best option was ExTackle. Then thought fullcharge HK was good oki. Didnt even watch the rest of the video. was probably fire though.
:dwillhuh:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I’m telling you Smack needs to incorporate freestyles on his YouTube page. I’ve been saying this for years. He should have been running that lane. There is no way those Lux and Surf freestyles should have been on any other platform but Smack imo.

Smack should be built up to the level where whether you’re a battler or not, nyggas want to rap for you.

They need to re-evaluate how they use their YouTube page in 2021.
That's a good idea. Do you think Lux and em hit up Hot97 and talk about residuals and profit sharing when they go up there and rhyme? Do they request Youtube analytics to get a cut of the views?

Family Man

Banned
Daps
100% chance they didnt. That Hot 97 freestyle did more for Lux than the reverse.
Ofcourse they didn't. They know who to try and pull that shyt on. They've tried it several times before and have failed every time.
The Smack platform and machine has done so much for these guys. Smack and em need to put these nikkas under a 360 deal if they want more than their five figures to rap. Where's the skin in the game for the battler?
Start treating these nikkas like a record label then.

Last edited:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Ofcourse they didn't. They know who to try and pull that shyt on. They've tried it several times before and have failed every time.
The Smack platform and machine has done so much for these guys. Smack and em need to put these nikkas under a 360 deal if they want more than their five figures to rap. Where's the skin in the game for the battler?
$10k to $100k per battle
Exposure to a captive worldwide audience of millions amongst multiple platforms

Can’t leverage it into additional revenue streams but would rather paint Smack & Co as the villains smh, I hear Organik & ‘em’s hiring :mjlol:

It be your own

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a good idea. Do you think Lux and em hit up Hot97 and talk about residuals and profit sharing when they go up there and rhyme? Do they request Youtube analytics to get a cut of the views?

Lol I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to charge smack.

I feel like some of these guys from back in the day lowkey have some sort of bitterness towards smack, particularly Jae Millz. He has some sort of entitlement and feels he made smack. Just a lot of hate.

They battled for free 20 years and feel entitled to a cut.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The crazy thing is these guys typically get what they want, once url finally has the resources to do so.

they wouldn’t be here today if they didn’t know how to say no. So many leagues have come and gone.

Last edited:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crazy thing is these guys typically get what they want, once url finally has the resources to do so.

If they wouldn’t be here today if they didn’t know how to say no. So many leagues have come and gone.

Like I've said before, it feels like it's only URL that seems to understand that battlerap is a business. All these other leagues tryna be homies with the battlers