Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
Bruh it's not even fmthe fact that they're struggle bars. They're so absurd you can't even believe them like wtf are you being serious. "What you know about being cold then having shoot yourself in the arm to stay warm" FOH that bullshyt. That shyt is utterly stupid..
:russ::russ::russ:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let's be fair and honest. How absurd are "gun so big" bars. nikkaz get in battles and describe the killing of human beings in the most grotesque way, brains splattered, taking bullets out of nikkaz and reloading clips, but rapping about poverty is where nikkaz draw the line :dead:
I really don't get why it bothers people so much.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Ok hol up. :stopitslime:

nikkaz can rap a million gun bars, a million I'll fukk your baby mom bars, a hundred million knife bars, but the "struggle/broke/in the hood pain bars" are too much :dead:
how is saying "i grew up broker than you" gonna help you win a battle?

atleast wit the other bars you're somewhat violating your opponent, struggle bars don't accomplish ANYTHING unless it's a Hitman situation where you're assassinating their character with facts

Daylyt vs. Oops was prolly one of the wackest 3rd rounds on both sides i've seen because of that shyt, absolutely nothing "battle" about those bars

if you can't see the difference you just don't want to breh

Last edited:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

atleast wit the other bars you're somewhat violating your opponent, struggle bars don't accomplish ANYTHING unless it's a Hitman situation where you're assassinating their character with facts

Daylyt vs. Oops was prolly one of the wackest 3rd rounds on both sides i've seen because of that shyt, absolutely nothing "battle" about those bars

Man do you know how many bars and schemes nikkaz spit that has absolutely nothing to do with their opponent :what:

nikkaz gotta be consistent with that type of criticism. You can't just single out "struggle/poverty" bars.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Man do you know how many bars and schemes nikkaz spit that has absolutely nothing to do with their opponent :what:

nikkaz gotta be consistent with that type of criticism. You can't just single out "struggle/poverty" bars.
schemes actually show some attempt at lyricism, what exactly is a struggle bar doing? nikkas usually never get lyrical with those

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
schemes actually show some attempt at lyricism, what exactly is a struggle bar doing? nikkas usually never get lyrical with those

Struggle bars are a battlers display of his "realness/authenticity/pain" nikkaz do tho as way to show how official they are on some good shyt. Those bars often hit and shake the room bro. Did Chess do it a bit too much yes, but Surf had a classic round describing some struggle shyt vs Hitman. Suge has done this many many times, Big K has done this as well many times.

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
Thought chess was 19 he said it in another battle with saga but hes 18?

Whats good with him dapping up ave i know he was doing his thing but damn homie:pachaha:

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Was about to post this exact thing. It's legit cringeworthy to me to see grown men brag to other grown men about struggles that they probably all went through one way or another. If you going to real talk, it has to be more creative than "whatchu know bout." Even Bigg K got clowned on that.. as did Myers.

Watching a barely-adult sing that song to other grown men makes me want to cut the shyt off.

...but he's about to run up against someone soon who does a real talk round as an angle to reduce his real talk impact to dust.

But on the other hand, like Bigg K and Myers, that shyt is funny. If he leans into it and doesn't rap for 7 minute rounds, it'll circle back around to being funny/enjoyable as a tongue in cheek gimmick.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh it's not even fmthe fact that they're struggle bars. They're so absurd you can't even believe them like wtf are you being serious. "What you know about being cold then having shoot yourself in the arm to stay warm" FOH that bullshyt. That shyt is utterly stupid..
His moms took the soles out so you can literally walk in her shoes :mjcry:

Making extra detergent with water :mjcry:

2 liters for bowls in the crib :mjcry:

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's in that phase as a young adult where he thinks his life is extremely unique or something, shyts painful to watch
Everybody else rapping about the same shyt too though. :yeshrug: (My gun's this big, my gun does this, etc.)

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

THE WORST EXAMPLE you could have used. Daylyt shytted on oops in the third.

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Cmon breh, struggle bars have been used since the very beginning. It's a method of telling the crowd your opponent isn't as "real" as you cause you had hardships and they didn't. It almost always gets a big reaction on a URL stage.