Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
He's in that phase as a young adult where he thinks his life is extremely unique or something, shyts painful to watch

Was about to post this exact thing. It's legit cringeworthy to me to see grown men brag to other grown men about struggles that they probably all went through one way or another. If you going to real talk, it has to be more creative than "whatchu know bout." Even Bigg K got clowned on that.. as did Myers.

Watching a barely-adult sing that song to other grown men makes me want to cut the shyt off.

...but he's about to run up against someone soon who does a real talk round as an angle to reduce his real talk impact to dust.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Yooooo :mindblown: I'm like what in the fuvk are these nikkaz doin blockin the damn camera :what:

That battle was fire fr fr. I had Jakkboy winning 2-1. Both second rounds were fire. I'm gonna post bars later. :whew:

Please don't.

Was about to post this exact thing. It's legit cringeworthy to me to see grown men brag to other grown men about struggles that they probably all went through one way or another. If you going to real talk, it has to be more creative than "whatchu know bout." Even Bigg K got clowned on that.. as did Myers.

Watching a barely-adult sing that song to other grown men makes me want to cut the shyt off.

...but he's about to run up against someone soon who does a real talk round as an angle to reduce his real talk impact to dust.

Bet not be Suge. Or Danny Myers. Them nikkas struggles bars/real talks are better than most nikkas punches.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Same goes for T-Top with the struggle shyt

you didn't "break" anything to us

we already know battle rappers run shyt into the ground and don't stop until it's too late

Ok hol up. :stopitslime:

nikkaz can rap a million gun bars, a million I'll fukk your baby mom bars, a hundred million knife bars, but the "struggle/broke/in the hood pain bars" are too much :dead:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

nikkaz can rap a million gun bars, a million I'll fukk your baby mom bars, a hundred million knife bars, but the "struggle/broke/in the hood pain bars" are too much :dead:
how is talking about your struggle battling your opponent?

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

Bruh it's not even fmthe fact that they're struggle bars. They're so absurd you can't even believe them like wtf are you being serious. "What you know about being cold then having shoot yourself in the arm to stay warm" FOH that bullshyt. That shyt is utterly stupid..

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Bruh it's not even fmthe fact that they're struggle bars. They're so absurd you can't even believe them like wtf are you being serious. "What you know about being cold then having shoot yourself in the arm to stay warm" FOH that bullshyt. That shyt is utterly stupid..

Let's be fair and honest. How absurd are "gun so big" bars. nikkaz get in battles and describe the killing of human beings in the most grotesque way, brains splattered, taking bullets out of nikkaz and reloading clips, but rapping about poverty is where nikkaz draw the line :dead:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you didn't "break" anything to us

we already know battle rappers run shyt into the ground and don't stop until it's too late

There is no "too late". You stick with what got you hot. No one REALLY gives two fukks about an artist being versatile, it's just lip service. The people who have real success are the ones who have a signature sound or style. As hardcore fans, sometimes we move on from certain battlers because we get bored. But it isn't really in the battlers best interests to switch it up, because WE don't represent the majority.

Mobb Deep rapped about the same shyt over and over... if they had concerned themselves with being versatile, they wouldn't have ever reached the type of success they did. You somehow think the struggle bars are bringing him down, but it's the opposite. The kid is selling tickets out here, the people who are complaining about him being repetitious won't stop him from being successful. Other avenues will open up for him (no pun intended) because he's the struggle bar kid. There's a reason why both T-Top and Chess got roles on "Respect Life", they've created their characters already, all you have to do is turn the camera on.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this is the case

I no longer wanna hear that back to back punching and nothing else is a bad thing...

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Let's be fair and honest. How absurd are "gun so big" bars. nikkaz get in battles and describe the killing of human beings in the most grotesque way, brains splattered, taking bullets out of nikkaz and reloading clips, but rapping about poverty is where nikkaz draw the line :dead:

That's totally different. Those are hyperboles. The nikkas spitting them even know that. Chess is spitting the struggle rap while damn near sheading tears. And Hitman is fukking retarded I'm not defending that dummy. Him and Chess are in the same boat if you ask me.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
That's totally different. Those are hyperboles. The nikkas spitting them even know that. Chess is spitting the struggle rap while damn near sheading tears. And Hitman is fukking retarded I'm not defending that dummy. Him and Chess are in the same boat if you ask me.

#TBZ :francis: