Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL should snatch up all the top tier girls. Beasley has already said he wished he came up with the idea. At this point, it's just business. I know he respects Debo, and wouldn't go there, but could you really blame him?

These females need another platform.

Why would women prepare for any of these new girls when the gap is so wide? The talent isn't there, no one knows them, etc. Debo wasted 2 fukking years on the west coast recruiting, when this nygga lives in New York! What westcoast girl did he recruit that is really QOTR quality?

The pay also needs to be modified. These aren't teenagers anymore who are just happy for the opportunity. There is also no incentive to really battle with such low pay.

QORT has ran it's course. I don't think they will ever gain that momentum back. They out here looking like AHAT. The ring has also lost it's appeal for me as well.

Last edited:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL should snatch up all the top tier girls. Beasley has already said he wished he came up with the idea. At this point, it's just business. I know he respects Debo, and wouldn't go there, but could you really blame him?

These females need another platform.

Why would women prepare for any of these new girls when the gap is so wide? The talent isn't there, no one knows them, etc. Debo wasted 2 fukking years on the west coast recruiting, when this nygga lives in New York! What westcoast girl did he recruit that is really QOTR quality?

The pay also needs to be modified. These aren't teenagers anymore who are just happy for the opportunity.

QORT has ran it's course. I don't think they will ever gain that momentum back. They out here looking like AHAT. The ring has also lost it's appeal for me as well.
Debo has been kissing URL's azz for a good year now. I don't think they have the heart to undercut him. He could pull up 5011 tweets, interviews and blogs bigging them up. He also goes to events and recaps them. He pretty much ruined his relationship with ARP to suck off URL.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So now we know why female battle rap died. $500 max to attempt to destroy another bytches life. Shyt is sad.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
now he gotta battle Concrete Carls and be a slave to Norbes

atleast John John was givin him notable names, that DNA battle was a good look for him
SMH. Battling DNA is a notable accomplishment now? Y'all gotta make up your minds. I could get you a battle with DNA tomorrow, does that mean you will give me your undying loyalty? Have you seen what URL has done for their up and coming talent? Holding out hasn't worked for anyone. Do we still care about Gjonaj? Does anyone know if Scotty still battles? What did Moneybagz gain from holding out for 3-4 years? Couldn't he have battled Prez Mafia in 2014? Did B Dot gain anything from holding out? The demand isn't bigger for him. What did Danny gain from waiting? Has Mr Wavy benefitted from being picky? The Rum Nitty battle did more for Ill Will's career than any battle he's done since he left URL.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
99 SMH. Battling DNA is a notable accomplishment now? Y'all gotta make up your minds. I could get you a battle with DNA tomorrow, does that mean you will give me your undying loyalty? Have you seen what URL has done for their up and coming talent? Holding out hasn't worked for anyone. Do we still care about Gjonaj? Does anyone know if Scotty still battles? What did Moneybagz gain from holding out for 3-4 years? Couldn't he have battled Prez Mafia in 2014? Did B Dot gain anything from holding out? The demand isn't bigger for him. What did Danny gain from waiting? Has Mr Wavy benefitted from being picky? The Rum Nitty battle did more for Ill Will's career than any battle he's done since he left URL.
Him doing what he did against DNA was a good look, is DNA not known as the PG killer? does he not have a legit history of mopping newer battlers up?

Trez beating DNA clearly >>>> Trez betting bad newzz or any of these other new guys

Ill will wasn't gonna get no fukkin call for rum nitty if he wasnt out here puttin in work and showing everyone he bounced back from the DNA battle ( which is kind of ironic, trez cant get props for washing DNA but ill will was off smack completely after DNA dosed him up)

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Him doing what he did against DNA was a good look, is DNA not known as the PG killer? does he not have a legit history of mopping newer battlers up?

Trez beating DNA clearly >>>> Trez betting bad newzz or any of these other new guys

Ill will wasn't gonna get no fukkin call for rum nitty if he wasnt out here puttin in work and showing everyone he bounced back from the DNA battle ( which is kind of ironic, trez cant get props for washing DNA but ill will was off smack completely after DNA dosed him up)
I agree, DNA is like a trap game in general even to the vets, I think thats part of why Day ducked him, these battlers i think either think oh hes so corny i wont try and wash him or they just cant get motivated, even look at the battle with him vs Cal, or even nikkaz like Danja, goodz washed him, then he had his chance again and he lost to dna and then just got washed by big t, i dont what it is sometimes its like a mental block or smthg that these mid tiers popularity wise cant do good vs the top tiers or they get out prescensed or whatever. that battle in terms of popularity was a great look for trez , dna got the most views or now i guess hes 2nd again but point is you do well vs dna people are gonna notice

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ill Will just lost clearly to Arsonal in his home state before coming back to Smack. Smack didn't care, and now no one else does. He wasn't off Smack because he lost to DNA. It was a money issue, which Ill Will admits wasn't as big of a deal as he made it out to be.

People are calling Trez v Ryda one of the best battles of the year. What did he lose by battling Ryda? Who are these "Concrete Carls" you speak of? If Trez is too good for these dudes, why did he lose to Ryda?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I agree, DNA is like a trap game in general even to the vets, I think thats part of why Day ducked him, these battlers i think either think oh hes so corny i wont try and wash him or they just cant get motivated, even look at the battle with him vs Cal, or even nikkaz like Danja, goodz washed him, then he had his chance again and he lost to dna and then just got washed by big t, i dont what it is sometimes its like a mental block or smthg that these mid tiers popularity wise cant do good vs the top tiers or they get out prescensed or whatever. that battle in terms of popularity was a great look for trez , dna got the most views or now i guess hes 2nd again but point is you do well vs dna people are gonna notice
To me DNA is the battler that isn't really good at anything (besides rebuttals) but is about average/above average at everything. So he's a hard battle to win

For bar nikkas, he has enough performance and enough bars to be a hard win
For performance nikkas, he has enough bars to over match them and enough performance to not get dwarfed in that either

To beat DNA you kinda have to have both or be amazing at one of those things.

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Im actually glad this happened. No reputable battle rapper needs to put any effort into battling a bum like Ness. :scust: Suge should've spit a round full of old Sheek Looch bars off The Lox "We Are the Streets" album.
" with all that soft ass writin how you get on this card" lol I could picture that now

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
How?

How was TODD gonna get him on the BL4 card?
Even norbes said he agreed with calicoe. Billy boondocks vs mo mula was on that same card labeled a non pg/one off. How the fukking fukk is Billy boondocks not having a pg battle but chef trez is on the same card. This is basically rum nitty taking a pg battle on URL when he came along.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From day 1 I told you Debo was bad for battle rap. I'm a pretty good judge of character and Debo clearly preys on vulnerable women. All that fake support, etc. was just to keep them gassed and battling exclusively for him. He never pushed them, tried to block people from doing Snoop, always has fights at the events, etc. It's over for this guy.

40 should start her own league. I think she'd be a good league owner.