Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
AFM's blog about Daylyt was on point. I unsubscribed from Daylyt's channel before I saw it but he said everything I was thinking. This "use battle rap for other shyt" mentality ain't cool when you do funny shyt consistently and don't take it seriously. It's unfair to the leagues and other battlers. Most importantly, it's unfair to the fans. I'm good on him........

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we get it, some of these nikkas struggled.

thing is, most battle rappers grew up in the hood or in poverty..so saying it to someone else is who more than likely experienced the same thing is :beli:

my mother used to do the cut up towels for wash cloths when i lived in NY. yeah its relatable but doesn't match the impact of a punch or a haymaker

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
nah, don't do that. answer the question.

him strugglin don't got NOTHIN to do wit the man in front of him, if anything he shoulda been spittin those bars at whoever raised him, woulda had more impact and made more sense

bein broke don't give you any stripes, if that was the case a LOT of people would be "certified" based on that standard. i grew up broke my damn self, the fukk that gonna do for me if i get in an argument with someone

matter of fact

nikka i grew up broker than you, don't quote me unless you talkin about how much broker than me you were

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No homo but who is managing Trez? He might need to go back with Miltown. Dude out here looking like "nah bro I don't have any change."

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

him strugglin don't got NOTHIN to do wit the man in front of him, if anything he shoulda been spittin those bars at whoever raised him, woulda had more impact and made more sense

bein broke don't give you any stripes, if that was the case a LOT of people would be "certified" based on that standard. i grew up broke my damn self, the fukk that gonna do for me if i get in an argument with someone

matter of fact

nikka i grew up broker than you, don't quote me unless you talkin about how much broker than me you were

Man no. The bar was hard.

Chess is a VERY direct battle rapper. Hell the so called "Highlight" of this battle is Chess angle about religion. Yet here you are saying "He should of directed that bar to his mom"
:mjlol:

Criticize a trailer breh
:camby:

I got to remember TBZ has their own "rules" when it comes to battle rap
:upsetfavre:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

matter of fact

my shower head is electric powered :whew: when it gets too hot the whole block cranks the gypsy window units and the power goes out in 40 Celsius :damn:

you ever had a hole in your roof, not like from an old roof but just becausethat's how your house was built because your uncle did it himself and didn't measure properly :patrice: so you just put a big ass umbrella over it and make sure not to put a couch under it?

what about when the power lines outside look like a symbiote? :wow:

rep me :blessed:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
my shower head is electric powered :whew: when it gets too hot the whole block cranks the gypsy window units and the power goes out in 40 Celsius :damn:

you ever had a hole in your roof, not like from an old roof but just becausethat's how your house was built because your uncle did it himself and didn't measure properly :patrice: so you just put a big ass umbrella over it and make sure not to put a couch under it?

what about when the power lines outside look like a symbiote? :wow:

rep me :blessed:
Da realest since kumbaya :blessed: you completely bodied my argument talking about your struggle, repped :salute:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Man no. The bar was hard.

Chess is a VERY direct battle rapper. Hell the so called "Highlight" of this battle is Chess angle about religion. Yet here you are saying "He should of directed that bar to his mom"
:mjlol:

Criticize a trailer breh
:camby:

I got to remember TBZ has their own "rules" when it comes to battle rap
:upsetfavre:
Nah im very aware that he might have had a valid angle against Saga using that

My point is he also does that shyt in battles where it makes NO sense and comes off as pandering to a street crowd (like when he talked about how a cop might shoot him :snoop: didnt have jack shyt to do with anything)