Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
I doubt Ars would act out, if you ask me it looks like UDUBB & URL are working together a little bit behind the scenes. Yeah I could be reaching with all this, but I want to go on record before these cards are announced.

Go back to the UDUBB event before this one, where they put their trailer on the URL channel. Boom, a working relationship is established.

Big UDUBB card is announced. One of the matches rumored is O-Red vs B. Magic. B. Magic no-shows for BL3 and stiffs URL on the bread. I remember saying that I didn't foresee Magic coming to Jersey if he hadn't paid the bread back. Beas & some other URL folks were sure to be in the building. And they were.

That match-up disappeared. I think UDUBB & URL worked out a compromise to take B Magic off the UDUBB card. But now O-Red doesn't have a battle on the big UDUBB card. Well, why not bring him back to URL vs the guy B Magic no-showed? I'm calling O-Red vs Ave on BL4. You know URL wasn't going to let Magic slide without fukking him over in some fashion.

Tay Roc on UDUBB? I don't think Tay Roc does UDUBB without URL getting something in return. We do know Arsonal is supposed to be on NOME. I'm calling Arsonal vs Brizz on NOME. It makes sense stylistically, Ars just battled a Cave Gang member, and it's Ars repaying URL by taking a lesser known name.

A lot of other little things make me think they're in cahoots. Peep the drunk Beasley interview where he almost calls the UDUBB event a URL event. He also mentions UDUBB will probably have another event in February. But nobody asked him that...
You just made entirely way too much sense for URL & UDUBB

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Posey and Tony Bro blessed us with another classic round on AFR last night :salute:
Posey coined a new phrase for the lowest Toptier status.
nikka said TODD-Tier :dead:
Meaning right above Cortez, under Big T :dead:
AFR entertaining AF lately :russ:
Posey is the best

Surf and Top on PSA last night was hilarious too

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Brizz, but he's not adapting well. This battle, if it were to happen, could get very ugly for him.

We gotta see what he did with Pass. But then again, that was a small room.

I want to see how Arsonal adapts to this new URL crowd though. All the stopping and starting doesn't work to his benefit. He's been on fire lately, but some of his corny bars have been camouflaged because he's not pausing for punchlines like the URL guys do. Crowd might stop him at one of those corny punches and just let him have it. Brizz says corny stuff like that too, but he's a URL guy so he hasn't been booed yet.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We gotta see what he did with Pass. But then again, that was a small room.

I want to see how Arsonal adapts to this new URL crowd though. All the stopping and starting doesn't work to his benefit. He's been on fire lately, but some of his corny bars have been camouflaged because he's not pausing for punchlines like the URL guys do. Crowd might stop him at one of those corny punches and just let him have it. Brizz says corny stuff like that too, but he's a URL guy so he hasn't been booed yet.

Good post. I feel like the "new URL" crowd is going to press Ars a little bit

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Same

nikka basically said fukk the name flips even tho that was his biggest strength :why:

I noticed that for a while now. Dude hasnt done a name flip ever since leaving the PG's :dwillhuh:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
T be killin me :dead:

pmlzBT.gif

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. I think Brizz needs to only battle on Born Legacy type of stages and smaller rooms. He's at his best then

He has the voice and presence for the big stage though. So he's kinda stuck between a roc and a hard place.

Brizz has that "this is my onstage rap persona" thing going on which really lessens the impact of his bars. He comes off as a regular chill dude. If we are being real, he only gets that grimy shyt off because he is odd looking. But it works well in smaller spaces, partly because it looks like a crazy homeless man going off on a "regular" person.

Ars has that "this is my rap persona" issue too, but he's more calculated & overall more talented. I trying to think of other big names who have that issue, but I'm drawing a blank. Con has that issue, but he's transcended it. No one thinks he's tough, we know his objective is to be as creative & entertaining as possible.

Mike P. isn't a top-tier, but he's limited by this as well.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Roc gonna fukk Hollow up
:deadrose:

Hollow’s first round pointing out all the reaches, nonsensical punchlines, and super basic lines Roc gets people hype off of and the crowd gonna be embarrassed of themselves after it :heh:

Every single battle Hollow has people look at his opponent differently during and after. He’s the best dude in the game at exploring his opponents weaknesses in entertaining ways. Once Hollow empties Roc’s gas tank it’ll be over.

No one who can't switch their style up can kill Hollow.