Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I know it's "different," but if I go to a play or a movie and react out loud to a bunch of shyt, there's a good chance I get spoken to or removed.
Some sports events have limits to how you can react, regardless if you dropped a bean or three for that ticket.

Smack would have to totally change the environment, but he would have precedent to do so. Unlikely with the type of crowd at battles.. probably near impossible.
Man nikkas already gave smack an eye jammy before :pachaha: if he tries to enforce some shyt like that he'd need atleast 20 beasleys to enforce it

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know it's "different," but if I go to a play or a movie and react out loud to a bunch of shyt, there's a good chance I get spoken to or removed.
Some sports events have limits to how you can react, regardless if you dropped a bean or three for that ticket.

Smack would have to totally change the environment, but he would have precedent to do so. Unlikely with the type of crowd at battles.. probably near impossible.
Movies aren't really comparable at all, and I've been vocal at all of the ones I go to, just like everyone else in those theaters. Maybe your theater has stricter policies.:mjpls: And the sports with limiting reactions are tennis and golf and the like, gentlemanly sports. Battle rap is aggressive as fukk, it's hard to try to limit reactions. Not to mention, everyone including battlers complain when the crowd ISN'T hype.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
Movies aren't really comparable at all, and I've been vocal at all of the ones I go to, just like everyone else in those theaters. Maybe your theater has stricter policies.:mjpls: And the sports with limiting reactions are tennis and golf and the like, gentlemanly sports. Battle rap is aggressive as fukk, it's hard to try to limit reactions. Not to mention, everyone including battlers complain when the crowd ISN'T hype.
tumblr_momidd0ZZT1s5snuro1_400.gif

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The "OH MY GOD" guy from the Surf vs Hollow battle needs to be shot. That's OG Gwitty right there.
everytime i watch that battle. i literally pause before that line and take a deep sigh as i brace myself for immense laughter:mjlol:

i let it drizzle out the jeep.. THEY TELL IT WAS A DURANGO

:damn::damn::damn:OH MY GOD!

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
the Boston battlerap scene is the worst thing poppin,
you play for the worst team and you the third string option,
you getting you ass whipped and everyone on the first string watchin,
-JC

rh6foxT.png

nikkas really need to stop calling good battles the new JC/Chilla :wow:

Word them nikkas had NO filler :wow:

You cocky, but let's admit it, your brain is really gone, cuz
You thinking you can stop me, bro? He must be on drugs
Think about it, he hoping his career gonna blow with Smack
The first battle we seen from him, he was smoking crack
Eventually he had Raw and he was dope with that
But coke is back, these lines got 'em
Tryin' to keep they nose intact
You just sour, 'cause Factor got a lot more respect for me
:mjpls:Well, since you feeling yourself..
:ufdup:I gotta kill you for "X" to see / Ecstasy - Chilla

Lotta nikkas don't know, cause you don't see it on the footage.
But X Factor was standin RIGHT THERE behind the camera.
That's why he pointed in that direction when he said it :damn:

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Some events have awful crowds, there's no way to change this. Chemistry and vibe are unpredictable

If you've ever been to a sports event outside of the US you realize how boring and deflating American crowds are. Undeserved gas is annoying but at least there's a crowd somewhere stateside that shows emotion when performers do their thing

I'd rather go to a 3rd division match in South America than an NFL game. NBA crowds are neutered, I got yelled at by a whole section right behind the basket to sit down and be quiet at a playoff game :what:

Smack making an announcement at the beginning of a battle is not gonna change this shyt. The crowd is important here, but just like the battlers, is not always gonna put on a good show

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the bloggers & fans did a disservice to Tink by urging him to control his delivery & breathing. The bars were more captivating when it seemed like every rap could be his last. He seemed real animalistic vs Mike P. He lacked that presence vs Swave.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I think the bloggers & fans did a disservice to Tink by urging him to control his delivery & breathing. The bars were more captivating when it seemed like every rap could be his last. He seemed real animalistic vs Mike P. He lacked that presence vs Swave.

He wanted to save his voice, Which is understandable. I think he still had some shyt tho :manny:

The crowd didn't want him to win anyways. He was fighting an uphill battle from the rip

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the Boston battlerap scene is the worst thing poppin,
you play for the worst team and you the third string option,
you getting you ass whipped and everyone on the first string watchin,
-JC

rh6foxT.png

nikkas really need to stop calling good battles the new JC/Chilla :wow:

A classic battle in every sense of the word. When you really think about it, 2012 was a great year for battle rap. We were being blessed with great battles all year before and after SM2