Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I cannot for the life of me understand why JC isn't relevant right now

Dude is beyond talented. Shows up every battle and is generally entertaining

He was supposed to be battling KG the poet at traffic 2 but I guess that fell through and fukkin DNA got the battle instead.

But yea, if anybody knows why URL doesn't fukk with JC lIke that, shed some light on it because I've been curious.

Rosenberg Raw too, I dunno why he never gets booked on URL. Though I think he is less of a can't miss talent than JC
i have no idea what JC did for smack and them not to fukk with him

maybe it was him finding a home on RBE
maybe it was the fact he was battling a million and one concrete carls (DNA and Clips can get away with it because they found URL sponsors, that and URL doesn't try to control their vets the same way they do everyone else)

but yea it's like they fell back on JC after he lost to Yung Ill....then completely tossed him in the bushes after the tay roc battle, crazy how Ill Will is getting another shot but JC can't

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
JC already announced he's booked for URL this year. It was on one of those random AFRs with random guest hosts.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

"the first one i dent is/dennis/den his patna get it" :damn: not even a minute into his first round
:wow: you can't tell me these aren't BL level rounds from the boi way back then, nikkas bit his shyt up and took off wit it

JC already announced he's booked for URL this year. It was on one of those random AFRs with random guest hosts.
:ehh: cool but he still shoulda been one of the first people they called, they already had 3 BL's

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Son sounded like he continued right where he left off in the Redd Handed battle :banderas:
(09:12)

"So If that hoe tell (hotel) I'm cavin Redd roof Inn":wow:

yea im ffukkin wit dat signature setup :ehh: everything he says after it sounds dumb fire, he snapped on redd

we need more of those in battle rap since the showtimes and slow it down i just dissed you days are over

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Son sounded like he continued right where he left off in the Redd Handed battle :banderas:
(09:12)

"So If that hoe tell (hotel) I'm cavin Redd roof Inn":wow:

yea im ffukkin wit dat signature setup :ehh: everything he says after it sounds dumb fire, he snapped on redd

we need more of those in battle rap since the showtimes and slow it down i just dissed you days are over

nikkas love that good gas

Throwbacksample

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Yea i agree on the trailer too, all the recaps say daylyts shyt was a set up for other punches so idk why they used it on the trailer

Despite lyt efforts
You couldnt check mike mic checkin
A 1 2 1 2 will leave ya skull aired like you light headed
You see the scopelight/lyt? The scope light where lyt head is
You dont like mike da white light where lyt headed
Get ya life cut short, or make it a slight edit
Cuz the 44 surprisingly low like my credit

:scust::scust::scust: vicious

Jay blac might actually go back to doing reaction videos for mike/day and rum/ill

I miss the punched on the 44 surprisingly low like my credit

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I won't lie, I don't necessarily see the hype in Prez Mafia Twerk :patrice:

I'll wait till the battle comes out but his battle vs Redd while good, isn't magical to me.

The last new nikka that wowed me was Ave.

That's because you probably like actual mind fukk bars and not over animated performance and gas.

"I swear I was falling off, but I was more than wrong
Lately, I don't what the fukk is going on
Battle rap went from being lyrical, needing to have potent bars
To nikkas putting up circus acts to say you going off"
No lie, I was ready to call it off
But I would've been stuck
With all this flame bottled up like a Molotov"(excuse me I have no idea how to structure bars properly :mjlol:)

I swear that was some of the realest bars regarding the state of battlerap I've ever heard. There's too many circus acts out there, not enough nikkas like Ave.

Burnshen

All Star
Daps
Rewatching Nunn Nunn vs Ave... "Got me talking to a barrel, crazy that Shotgun know what my life like" was hard. That's my favorite bar out the battle, and idk why.