Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@T-K-G

I don’t think that Verb/Mccants podcast is sustainable. This is just based on distance. Mccants lives in Cali while I believe Verb lives in Atlanta. It’s just not going to work unless they do it like the Night Cap (Shannon & Ocho).

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ARP retiring (after URL took a step back), still doesn't make any sense. I wonder what we aren't being told.
It makes plenty of sense. He’s sick of spending his money on this shyt. Plus ARP is a smart dude, at least for battle rap standards, so surely there’s numerous other hustles he could involve himself in instead.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
@T-K-G

I don’t think that Verb/Mccants podcast is sustainable. This is just based on distance. Mccants lives in Cali while I believe Verb lives in Atlanta. It’s just not going to work unless they do it like the Night Cap (Shannon & Ocho).
I don't watch it :hubie:

Depends, career wise in general it'd make sense to wanna have a spot in a west coast media hub too. If he's getting paid enough for a spot out there why not.

And remember we're talking about battle rappers who'll go across the country for crumbs at the drop of a hat, spent a decade of his life living like that :manny:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't watch it :hubie:

Depends, career wise in general it'd make sense to wanna have a spot in a west coast media hub too. If he's getting paid enough for a spot out there why not.

And remember we're talking about battle rappers who'll go across the country for crumbs at the drop of a hat, spent a decade of his life living like that :manny:

Verb doesn’t sustain anything

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel sad for these guys, the zoom episodes are so washed.
For real, 🤢. This was one of the two or three shows/podcasts I actually used to look forward to watching, this shhit a wrap though, 😆.

Uncle Ra probably figured what they pull in off views off that show is barely covering the studio time so he had to bust a move..

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Anyone know what's in a basic battle rap contract? I mean the rules, not the money
For shyt like URL. Stuff like you cant battle another contracted URL battler in a another league, in a 3 round 3 minute event(Ez and Shine mentioned this).
For specific battlers they can put stuff in there like "don't mention my daughter". I remember Jims said Goodz had that in his contract?
Then of course the no fighting and probably promo obligations.
Savvy battlers probably have shyt like travel covered in there if it isnt standard.