Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
battle rap fans have dubbed Danny Myers as corny YEARS AGO..he's never getting rid of that stench

just like Born and him choking.

It's not true. He wasn't corny against

Chilla, B-Dot, K-Shine, Tay Roc

He has come through in big battles he just doesn't know what to throw away, and what to keep

Probably spreading himself thin writing for others

He also complains more about repetitive angles being used against him than even Serius Jones

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Lux 2-1, imo. Lux is incredible, so is Nitty but I remember Goodz saying in one of his videos a while ago, people underrate Lux’s swag and presence and all that when he’s up there, his shhit is on 10 in that department imo, the delivery and everything…he was born to do this.

Nitty was crazy too, I actually thought the 2nd was close, lol, I didn’t think Lux cleared him, 🤷🏽‍♂️. Lux won tho, he didn’t come to lose, you could feel it, pause. 🫡 to Beloved

Off topic but Gotti is trash, 😆. He kinda always was but now that the “he’s so gangsta!!! 😍🫦” allure that you guys love so much is gone it’s becoming more obvious
I wouldn't say trash. He's just basic but basic can also be very effective if done with the right delivery and message. To me Geechi Gotti is to battle rap the equivalent of what Ice Cube is to regular rap.

He's just gotten super lazy on his Clips shyt lately where you can tell he's not as keen on the other parts that make up for his lack of intricacy (consistency, delivery, storytelling and direct bars for your opponent are all things he did very well in the past).

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not true. He wasn't corny against

Chilla, B-Dot, K-Shine, Tay Roc

He has come through in big battles he just doesn't know what to throw away, and what to keep

Probably spreading himself thin writing for others

He also complains more about repetitive angles being used against him than even Serius Jones
I never understood what people see in Danny, pause. He raps with intensity, 🤷🏽‍♂️, I’ll give him that. He’s not trash at all, I just don’t see what’s special, he’s like a 7.5 max. Against Roc and Diz though he was solid, better than usual. He was real good against Pat Stay too even tho Pat won, imo, had like two back to back room/planet shakers, crazy, knocked him out

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't say trash. He's just basic but basic can also be very effective if done with the right delivery and message. To me Geechi Gotti is to battle rap the equivalent of what Ice Cube is to regular rap.

He's just gotten super lazy on his Clips shyt lately where you can tell he's not as keen on the other parts that make up for his lack of intricacy (consistency, delivery, storytelling and direct bars for your opponent are all things he did very well in the past).
You right. Trash is madd excessive, he’s better than most rappers, all battlers are, he’s just not what his accolades would have you believe he is skillset wise, imo. He’s like a less witty, west coast Charlie Clips…they both make basic sound amazing.

Unlike Clips, Geechi also has/had an amazing gimmick/aura too, everybody loves the G shhit, specially battle rappers lol…that’s kinda become stale now tho and it’s becoming more about them bars, Fonz dogged that kid.

Off topic, I still think Eazy kinda won that battle, 🤷🏽‍♂️. I know I’m trippin but Geechi was wild sloppy and the bars was wild light, I don’t even like Eazy like that but he rapped much better, 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
was battle rap saved this weekend brehs? :ohhh: Lux and Nitty gave us a classic
Ehh, depends on how URL handles it. How will battle rap be saved if no one knows about this battle. I like what Eazy/Verb said. URL needs to release this on youtube to change the "battlerap dying" narrative. Like a week or two from now.

Apparently the promo for this was trash.
This was in orlando in a private event that had 300 max capacity, Benny the Butcher the only celeb in attendance.
Ppl going "this a classic" and "it's restoring the feeling" can only do so much for the larger casual audience.