Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
One thing that always puzzled me is URL not owning a venue (or multiple) and renting it out to generate residual income to invest in offshoot revenue streams in and outside of battle rap. The prospect of getting kicked out of venues should have been foreign to them years ago.
Yea there's no way they don't have enough money to buy at least a medium sized venue. They need a real brainstorming session.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

There she goes lol.

Verb/Swamp as the main is fine. Swamp has everything to gain here. Lets see what he does.

Shooney/Hart is a legacy battle where Shooney gonna get 30d

Pris comeback after her kid vs Chayna is a dope ass battle. I'm here for this.

Coffee should beat Jade pretty easily. Jade is probably gonna choke.

Cheyraq should 30 Zan in a battle no one will rewatch.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Jones is the most disrespected legend in battle rap history.
It’s always been Serius Jones’ likability, not his win-loss ratio.

Battlers with WAY more L’s on their jacket can simply hide behind their Stanbase and ticket sales.

Because of the post-SM2 cultural shift from its focus on the art and culture of Battlerap, to predominantly selling sales Battlerap using the term “culture” more as a sales pitch.
A nikka like Serius has the same arrogance that makes people not like him, except he has the skills and resume to back up his arrogance. (A lotta people don't like him but acknowledge that)
He came in the game a champ.
He's allowed to talk his shyt and be arrogant

Compare Syah and ShowOff
to nikkas come up like T Top (pre main-stage)
And Ave (right now)

I wouldn't even have mind if THEY were as arrogant as them because they actually ran thru all of their opponents.
Yet they're mad humble in their come up.
Serius Jones hasn't clearly lost since he came back.
He wasn't exciting either, that's why his stock ain't moving. It's not rocketscience.

Again, Wins and Losses matter to me first and foremost.
But it's your performance while doin that determines if your stock falls or rises. Surf's career is the testiment to that
Certain decisions to sell and monopolize Battlerap have made it bigger, but it has come at a cultural cost.

That cost is why we see the complaints about a lack of talent.
It’s self inflicted harm from fans allowing themselves to be misguided to desire monopolization.

It only works but for so long and benefits the monopolizer while harming the market longterm, which is where we’re at right now.

Competition is good for the consumer, business 101

Last edited: