Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
K Shine contract issue is funny. nikka if you got paid for a battle that didnt happen, you pay that back or do a battle.
If RBE want Shine bad enough, they can pay what Kshine owes URL and take it outta his battles.

On that cap interview with Shine, they mentioned The Money Team. Are they talking about Floyd or some battlerap shyt?

So Kshine saying he was paid in full for the Daylyt battle and got an extra 15k to not "go where he was suppose to go". Im assuming that was going to RBE?

Either way sounds like battlers need to work out what happens when a battle doesnt happen contract wise.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area

Aye Big Terreeeeeence :mjcry:

MetallicAltruisticGardensnake-size_restricted.gif

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Aaight, let’s say you’re a DJ. You’re a contractor.
Shine

A company books you to do an event. URL
Your contract says you are paid to DJ an event on NYE.
The company that contracted you paid you your first half. URL

Fast forward, you get to the venue.
You spent wild hours to be prepared and attended as requested.

Sumn happens..
Their equipment doesn’t work or whatever.
Jakkboy has a Lupus attack and can’t battle
Are you supposed to give the money back? :sas2:

nikkas really siding with the company saying “you should give the money back” tells me all I need to know about the financial literacy in the community :mjlol: :mjcry:

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Are you supposed to give the money back?
In that situation? Nope. Because I wouldve had the foresight to have a clause in my contract if the event was cancelled. I probably wouldve still did another DJ Event for the company to get the 2nd half . But that situation isnt anything like Shine's situation.

From all the talk it seems Shine has two different contracts.
One contract is the overall contract that states he has to complete* 5 battles and gets 100k(20k per battle). Shine has gotten 100k, but hasnt battled 5x
Second contract is the regular contract battlers and their opponents sign for each card. Shine keeps saying "It says the battle is terminated in the contract if it doesnt happened by a certain time". It being terminated on the second contract has no bearing in the overall 5 battles he owes, because he didnt complete them.

If I'm a label and sign you to do 5 albums with a minimum 65mins for each and you released 3 projects that are 40min, you still owe me 5 albums :manny:

* I'm guessing on that completed part, but it makes sense a battle has to be completed for it to count for that overall contract. Which is why Shine is in the situation he is in.

Keeping it a buck, Shine should just post his contract. Should clear the air on a lot of stuff in the situation instead of just doing all this barking. He must not be too serious about the issue if he only has his lawyer for "defense against URL if they come after me". shyt I'd be going after them if I'm in the right.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Why Mook dont have these problems? Because he makes sure his contracts are ironclad and doesnt fukk him over. He straight up said he got paid 3x for the same battle because his opponent kept having issues and URL had to push it back or something. I cant remember who it was against, but I want to say he dropped a bar about it during the battle.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Where K-Shine went wrong at is signing a contract to battle a troll.
He said in that cap interview "fukk Daylyt" :mjlol:
Apparently that battle was suppose to have happened like 2-3 battles ago for Kshine.

He fukked up by signing an overall deal for 5 battles, instead of just signing a contract for each battle like it seems like a number of the vets do.

Daps
He said in that cap interview "fukk Daylyt" :mjlol:
Apparently that battle was suppose to have happened like 2-3 battles ago for Kshine.

He fukked up by signing an overall deal for 5 battles, instead of just signing a contract for each battle like it seems like a number of the vets do.
Idk if Daylyt was trolling but he explained his reasoning for the battle not going down. Some personal issues came up, he told Shine to wait. Shine didn't wait & battled Chilla and lost. He kept battling & losing so his "stock" went down. I don't blame Shine for doing so but he also got a family to provide for. Can't sit around & wait

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The comments are literally 90% Goodz. Surprising as fukk

Goodz and Twork are my favorite battlers ever...but yeah, Goodz and his resume gotta get the fukk up outta here, lol. He don't battle enough man, that's the main reason. I was gonna say Cal because personally I just don't find him and his style appealing at all...but his resume is crazy and he's been doing his thing consistently for wild long.