Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Who knows but it wouldn't make sense to press em, none of us were gonna know the truth until the shyt hit the court anyway

actually i hope they switch sides just to see what you gonna do about it :mjlol: it's too early in the morning for this
“How DARE people adjust their positions when new / more information / facts are presented.”
brat-mad.gif

So when the court of public opinion are biased against Black people based on initial information presented, they should never adjust their position when new information is presented?
They should just stay over there and not switch sides. :troll:

Critical thinking is real hard for some people :mjlol:

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
Narrative ability, thought provoking context, set ups that evoke visuals, round structure. I would provide examples but everytime I do yall be hating...

People think having bars is writing when its not, writing and having bars are different things. nikkas like Twork, Jerry Wess, Danny Myers, Ave, Rum, etc are bar heavy but they arent writers. On the other end; nikkas like Eazy, Calicoe, Swave, Aye Verb, T Top arent that bar heavy (mostly because they CHOOSE not to go this route) but they ARE writers. Then in the middle you have JC, Illmac, JTN, Thesaurus, Loaded Lux, etc; the bar heavy writers. They can punch, do word association, all the CLEVER shyt. But they also WRITE. JC told DNA "my mind bright. One flash, bang; and I give them components" A component is something thats part of a larger whole; meaning JC is painting a bigger picture, there an underlying context when you put everything together as opposed to just the surface meaning. THATS writing.

This makes sense. A large, LARGE part of being a "writer" is your structure too. It can change a line completely, punchlines can turn into setups and vice versa, (funny enough, you see that with Rum Nitty)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
“How DARE people adjust their positions when new / more information / facts are presented.”
brat-mad.gif

So when the court of public opinion are biased against Black people based on initial information presented, they should never adjust their position when new information is presented?
They should just stay over there and not switch sides. :troll:

Critical thinking is real hard for some people :mjlol:
homie was ready to pull the files on all you nikkas at the crack of dawn :dead:

i almost called him Beasley :mjpls:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
This makes sense. A large, LARGE part of being a "writer" is your structure too. It can change a line completely, punchlines can turn into setups and vice versa, (funny enough, you see that with Rum Nitty)

Nitty has NO structure. If you take a round of his and scramble all that shyt around, it would sound the same. Hell you can take his 1st and put it 2nd, take his 2nd and put it 3rd, his 3rd and put it 1st, etc; and it wouldn't make a difference. Its just a bunch of sporadic sequences with no direction.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
^^im just watching this shyt now and God damn that's another L for Mike P

Also didn't know this chick was almost 40 she basically acts like his mom lol
maybe the 3 kids before mike is a lil sketch but ehhh

she needed to talk more about the shyt than he did tho

sayin "Ryda needed the money, of course he gonna say it. shyt he woulda did it if it was 10k on the line" :russ:

she just been around black people all her life or is she mixed? she talk like one of those types

they look aight together tho, Unk applying hella pressure on marriage knowin he been divorced :whoa:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
maybe the 3 kids before mike is a lil sketch but ehhh

she needed to talk more about the shyt than he did tho

sayin "Ryda needed the money, of course he gonna say it. shyt he woulda did it if it was 10k on the line" :russ:

she just been around black people all her life or is she mixed? she talk like one of those types

they look aight together tho, Unk applying hella pressure on marriage knowin he been divorced :whoa:
Yeah kinda how I was seeing it since everyone has spoke on them being together publicly at this point. Muthafukkas might as well battle her if they got that much to say about it, lol. Aye man, if they’re happy then what’s matters…they’ll just have to deal with those angles in battle rap though like any other angle. T-Rex’s ear thing, DNA’s tooth, Arsonal being a bus driver, Goodz’s sweating under his armpits, Danny giving Rex 12k, and so on.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah kinda how I was seeing it since everyone has spoke on them being together publicly at this point. Muthafukkas might as well battle her if they got that much to say about it, lol. Aye man, if they’re happy then what’s matters…they’ll just have to deal with those angles in battle rap though like any other angle. T-Rex’s ear thing, DNA’s tooth, Arsonal being a bus driver, Goodz’s sweating under his armpits, Danny giving Rex 12k, and so on.
It's super obviois, but if Mike wasn't such an unlikeable bytch, he could fight past it. Nobody likes or respects him, so it lands every time. T-Top got past a similar angle in the same battle.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
It's super obviois, but if Mike wasn't such an unlikeable bytch, he could fight past it. Nobody likes or respects him, so it lands every time. T-Top got past a similar angle in the same battle.
Mike P is in battle rap and he thinks there's honor in it which is his problem. never gonna unhear that "she was your FRIEND :sadcam:" he gave after Ryda's second round. Mf took that Ryu shyt too serious

T-Top on the other hand saw it coming, embraced it, and prolly had one of the best reversals of all time that round :ohlawd:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I don't mind, Mike...my biggest problem with him will always just be showing his weakness though and not counter writing when he should have. Other than that, I don't trip on him.

That interview was interesting because Ashley was like she literally giving some of those battlers checks from when Yakman was around but turned around and tried to play her when Ryda did what he did. Hmm...

Daps
Nah I agree with Emerson

It's wild how people hype mfs like Shakespeare and all that when battle rappers be writing crazy stuff

I like to read battle lyrics on genius.com cause you can really catch it all and when u read shyt from nikkas like twork (who isn't even considered a pen) u be like too this shyt is crazy i would read a book full of shyt like this

When a battler can use Terza Rima or a similar rhyme structure throughout 712 pages of material, let us know, lol. There's a reason why the Divine Comedy is still referenced, but people cannot remember a single bar from an event last week.