The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don't do the petty back and forths man. Unless you got something insightful to say, possibly from another perspective, lets stay on topic.

Ya'll aint hearing me, which is fine. You have your point of view and I have mine. I believe DC is taking a very unconventional approach compared to Marvel in building their universe and making it feel lived in. The fact that DC's universe is starting to feel just as rich and vast 2 movies in as Marvel's 10+ movies was one of the first and major criticisms DC had when they got into the game as far as playing "catch-up" and they're on their way to tackling those criticisms head on.

If you want to see the big difference that I see in the two universes just look at how both reacted to an alien invasion. Not just the heroes/ones involved but the universe as a whole.

Middle Earth and the world of Harry Potter felt immersive because the worlds were almost a character in itself and they showed you that even the lowest of peasants and the weakest of wizards can convey the gravity of the events that were surrounding them. I'm not getting that from the MCU.
so basically you want a better tv spot ad because thats all youre basing this stannism off of :mjlol:

and we heard you just fine. you said DC's world felt like it was already established, which is obvious because batman already looks like he uses Just For Men.

and in between back handed compliments of Marvel to prop up DC, you implied Marvel created a universe that seems like everything started with Iron Man 1 when in fact in various films they have harkened back to the past and even used the past as the basis for several films

you dont got to bash Marvel to validate your excitement for BvS breh :mjlol:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
New trailer Thursday night :banderas:
Gonna be walking into my theater like
XCDJ3RV.gif

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
MV5BMjMyNDE3Mjg5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU3MzA5OQ@@._V1._SX640_SY435_.jpg

Comicon around the time promoting DOFP:usure:
I will concede that notwithstanding look at Jesse eisenberg in all his roles his Jew hair doesn't grow like that. Besides he hasn't been out of the limelight long to have it that long it was fake and looks it

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why was it petty? I questioned how a real place is not measuring up to a fake one. I was just disagreeing with you.

They're both fictional... The New York in the MCU is not the real New York.... :what:
so basically you want a better tv spot ad because thats all youre basing this stannism off of :mjlol:

and we heard you just fine. you said DC's world felt like it was already established, which is obvious because batman already looks like he uses Just For Men.

and in between back handed compliments of Marvel to prop up DC, you implied Marvel created a universe that seems like everything started with Iron Man 1 when in fact in various films they have harkened back to the past and even used the past as the basis for several films

you dont got to bash Marvel to validate your excitement for BvS breh :mjlol:

I'm basing this off of MoS, the SS trailers and the BvS trailers.

So now one of the main things DC was criticized for is blatantly obvious... okay.

I'll make it clearer for you. When I say everything started with Iron Man 1 I mean from a storytelling approach. Like someone said earlier, Marvel is telling their stories in a linear fashion always starting with the origin story when introducing a new character. When you continue to use this method it feels like new characters don't exist unless they are introduced in an origin movie. Marvel is beginning to move away from this method by giving Easter eggs and other mentions about other characters but the universe is already established so you can't really compare with DC who is doing this with only 1 movie and a few trailers.

Bash Marvel? I'm clearly pointing out the criticisms people had against the DC universe and stating how they've overcome them while still differentiating themselves from the Marvel formula.

Some of ya'll only hear what you wanna hear...:beli:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They're both fictional... The New York in the MCU is not the real New York.... :what:

I'm basing this off of MoS, the SS trailers and the BvS trailers.

So now one of the main things DC was criticized for is blatantly obvious... okay.

I'll make it clearer for you. When I say everything started with Iron Man 1 I mean from a storytelling approach. Like someone said earlier, Marvel is telling their stories in a linear fashion always starting with the origin story when introducing a new character. When you continue to use this method it feels like new characters don't exist unless they are introduced in an origin movie. Marvel is beginning to move away from this method by giving Easter eggs and other mentions about other characters but the universe is already established so you can't really compare with DC who is doing this with only 1 movie and a few trailers.

Bash Marvel? I'm clearly pointing out the criticisms people had against the DC universe and stating how they've overcome them while still differentiating themselves from the Marvel formula.

Some of ya'll only hear what you wanna hear...:beli:
You're not following.
Setting it in even fictional NYC has context already built in,that was 42nd st. and Park Ave. where the final main battle occurred in Avengers, Hell's Kitchen is a real place, with a history. The Hulk and Abomination fight and the Luke Cage series will be in Harlem also a real place,with a real history etc. Metropolis has no such real world context, therefore it can't be more realistic.