The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
bvsfamousmonsters_zpsgu5fffof.jpg

Famous Monsters magazine returns in February with a cover that features DC’s trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman along with an interview with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder. There is also a Rick Baker variant cover that celebrates the 35th anniversary of An American Werewolf in London.

Here is some excerpts from the interview with Snyder done by FM Editor David Weiner:

CREATING A BELIEVABLE TITLE-CHARACTER MATCH-UP: “The discovery of the story is that Batman fights Superman. Now move your superhero chess pieces so that can happen. And it can happen in a credible and interesting way. … It’s just incredibly satisfying and fun to dig into these two mythological characters and find a through line that allows them to come into conflict in a way that not only is philosophically satisfying, but also physically real.”

REGARDING BEN AFFLECK’S OLDER, WISER BATMAN: “He’s not yet tired of his place in the world. He’s definitely still tooth-and-nailing it.”

REACTING TO CRITICISM OF EXCESSIVE DESTRUCTION IN MAN OF STEEL: “I stand by it, because for me, I’ve always said when I was working on WATCHMEN — and maybe it’s sort of left over from a WATCHMEN philosophical sort of thing — that there should be consequences to superheroes’ interaction with the earth. And that was kind of the way that we approached MAN OF STEEL. I wanted a big consequence to Superman’s arrival on earth. Certainly, BATMAN v SUPERMAN sort of cashes in all its chips on the ‘why’ of that destruction.”
.​

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
REACTING TO CRITICISM OF EXCESSIVE DESTRUCTION IN MAN OF STEEL
: “I stand by it, because for me, I’ve always said when I was working on WATCHMEN — and maybe it’s sort of left over from a WATCHMEN philosophical sort of thing — that there should be consequences to superheroes’ interaction with the earth. And that was kind of the way that we approached MAN OF STEEL. I wanted a big consequence to Superman’s arrival on earth. Certainly, BATMAN v SUPERMAN sort of cashes in all its chips on the ‘why’ of that destruction.”
:salute:

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Breh I don't give a shyt:russ: seriously, i don't know what's worse: you finding this to be a thing to complain about or the fact that you called cyborg "a black"
you don't think it's cause for pause the justice league won't even have a black member? What kind of black are you? :dwillhuh:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
:salute:
REACTING TO CRITICISM OF EXCESSIVE DESTRUCTION IN MAN OF STEEL: “I stand by it, because for me, I’ve always said when I was working on WATCHMEN — and maybe it’s sort of left over from a WATCHMEN philosophical sort of thing — that there should be consequences to superheroes’ interaction with the earth. And that was kind of the way that we approached MAN OF STEEL. I wanted a big consequence to Superman’s arrival on earth. Certainly, BATMAN v SUPERMAN sort of cashes in all its chips on the ‘why’ of that destruction.”
B...but we gotta give the city three days advance to get everyone out, so we only kill a few pigeons and a goat during battle :heh:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
you don't think it's cause for pause the justice league won't even have a black member? What kind of black are you? :dwillhuh:

Breh he's black. I don't care that he's light skin, he's a brother bottom line. black is black, I don't need his skin to be as dark as mine in order for him to be black

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Breh he's black. I don't care that he's light skin, he's a brother bottom line. black is black, I don't need his skin to be as dark as mine in order for him to be black
What are you going to say when John Stewart looks like prince? You are letting them off too easily breh

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
A lot idiots didn't realize the point of MOS.

It wasn't about saving kittens from a tree or being the superman from the fukking 70's.
The film was grim and not "colorful" for a damn reason and as I posted before if people really wanted that garbage maybe people would have supported superman returns :mjlol:

the entire film shows you the consequences of Clarks actions and his sacrifices

This theme shows up multiple times thru the film:

Oil rig rescue
Bus rescue
Wanting to fight his bullies
Having the option to save his father from the tornado
The decision to turn himself over to Zod
Killing Zod

The biggest give away was the scene when he went to the church to talk to the priest:

He was willing to sacrifice himself to save earth as Jesus did in the bible.

SACRIFICE!

He had to sacrifice the last kryptonian left from his home planet to save the family that Zod was guaranteed to kill.

His mother and father had to SACRIFICE superman as a baby to save his life and civilization on krypton.

Sacrifice isn't colorful
Why is @MartyMcFly talking to himself:dahell:
same thing I was thinking :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The biggest give away was the scene when he went to the church to talk to the priest:

He was willing to sacrifice himself to save earth as Jesus did in the bible.

we never feel the weight of that sacrifice though. the movie establishes early on that saving people is what clark always did, that he never resented humans. the only real conflict the character has throughout that movie, if you wanna call it that, is whether or not he should heed the advice of pa kent. should he or shouldn't he expose himself to the world.