The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i don't believe that spoiler stuff for a second because I refuse to believe that in the fight between bats and supes that one of them is going to win. it will most likely end in a stalemate.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
So info on this leak sounds really legit, could be complete bs but who knows. Just some bullet points from the leak it wasn't really organized.

Ultimately Luthor uses Project Black Zero to create a "Black Zero" Superman (HINT HINT- Bizzaro N52 name and Zod's ship thingy was called Black Zero in MoS) that triggers something called the "Doomsday protocol" in Zod.

There's a creepy rubber Henry Cavill face they laser onto Zod.

Doomsday is something that lies within each Kryptonian (Except Superman, because he had a natural birth) to prevent cloning and revival. Sort of like a anti-piracy.

dikk and jason are named dropped, and Jenna Malone is Carrie Kelley seen for a small scene being attacked by the guy you see branded in the trailer after batman stops it.

Aquaman shows up twice. The Metal Men don't appear but they're alluded to.

The credits apparently want everyone to sit around and watch because it's the Justice League (Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman) doing Justice League stuff, with a second appearance by Aquaman helping Wonder Woman with a flood, Batman working with Cyborg, and Superman and Flash sprinting through a city.

You don't see joker but hes referenced.

Wonder Woman talks about the New Gods.

Doomsday is stopped when forced into the Phantom Zone, opened by Batman, by Superman after a distraction from Wonder Woman.

Description of the flash suit seen in the credits scenes, It's kinda like a combination between a Swat Team uniform and a diver's suit. The helmet is a rubbery plastic with metal wing ears like Jay Garrick's. He doesn't wear lenses. There are different textures on the suit, but it all seems kinda rubbery or duct tape type material. It's thick. It's brighter red in the center and darker red on the legs and the seems. He has faded yellow boots and gloves. There is no lighting around around him or trailing.

The batman vs superman fight isn't long it ends with Batman "winning" followed by him having a heart attack, assumingly from being in a 2 ton suit and being thrown through streets and being in range of a kryptonian bomb that goes off in the fight. Superman flys him to the cave.

Doomsday does evolve to look more like the comic version, Wonder Woman chops off his arm and it grows back to look like the comic book one with the cool spike, and he starts to grow spikes out of his head when Superman is rushing his face against the pavement.

scoot mcnairy is William Magnus, who has a direct influence on the creation of Cyborg, but leaves when he finds out Luthor's a total douche.

The doomsday fight also takes place 6 months after bruces heart attack.

Wayne enterprises owns the World Engine, that could become the watch tower. No fortress of solitude mentioned. No hall of justice mentioned.

Lex gets cancer after working with so much alien shyt. He never wears a wig, and eventually shaves it.

Aquaman tells Wonder Woman he thinks the World Engine is from the New Gods, and Wonder Woman scouts out Clark and Bruce as Diana, then shows up talking about how "New Gods" yet unheard of have powers of mind and threats we can't imagine, etc. It's not super delved into but it's the main reason they let her into the club and decide to keep in contact.

Batman nightmare is a recurring one like that episode of Twilight Zone. The first one ends after the Parademons start picking up soldiers and a defeated Batman, the second one ends after Superman rips off Batman's mask and his eyes glow red.

Lex gets cancer after working with so much alien shyt. He never wears a wig, and eventually shaves it.

The dikk and jason name drop goes like this apparently "This type of brutish attitude is precisely why master dikk left you, and why master Jason-" Then Bruce cuts him off.

The cut he saw was a little over three hours. He's assuming they're editing it down to 2.5 but they're VFXing the whole thing for the "Definitive Cut"

WW has a accent but it fits.

Lex/OS uses "Kryptonian Software." possibly Brainiac?

Cyborg is Luthor's poster boy for victims of Black Zero
The only thing that kinda irritates me is the Carrie Kelly thing. We need Oracle :beli:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Just read that shyt came from 4chans :beli:

Now i don't believe it, why would Jena be Carrie anyways plus the costume designer said that Flash isn't in costume and he hasn't worked on it

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
So apparently Doomsday isn't the true threat :jbhmm:
In a recent interview with French magazine Premiere, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justiceproduction designer Patrick Tatopoulos dropped some very interesting hints about Doomsday's role in the movie, seemingly dismissing in the process the theories that it will in any way be adapting the "Death of Superman" story arc. The villain's look has obviously been fairly divisive since he first appeared in the latest trailer for the movie, but could we see him evolve in any way here? "We are able to tell a story in a fresh way," Tatopoulos explains. "Doomsday is an evolution essentially. Fans may be aware of the death of Superman story, but this is handled in such a new way."

Unfortunately, it appears as if he's referring to the evolution Doomsday goes through when Lex Luthor is transforming the body of General Zod into the near unstoppable monster rather than into something closer to his comic book counterpart during the finale battle, but the production designer's comments are still very intriguing. "When the film is called Batman v or versus Superman, it really has a lot of levels to the meaning. Superman isn't just killed off at the end of something. We see how he evolves as part of Lex's plan to protect the world. Seeing the Superman we know, be gone, and then replaced with this reproduction is really going to make fans think of how we look at these super beings. It was especially interesting to figure out, how would you create Superman from Zod... then how would that involve into Doomsday." Here's where things get even more interesting though. Tatopoulos went on to tease that there's a "larger threat" at play, while the "timeframe of how things fall into place will surprise fans" and:

"Doomsday isn't just the final act."

Does that mean we're going to get our first look at Darkseid or Brainiac?! All he would say to that is,"Those feeling they may know too much this early, are going to be in for a true surprise." When pushed for details on their possible being a threat beyond Lex Luthor and Doomsday, Tatopoulos would only say, "That's something to find out on March 25th." What do you guys think?

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Doomsday is the final act I think what we're getting at the end is a Darkseid or Brainiac tease for JL cause I don't see Lex in a power suit being a bigger threat than Doomsday

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The point is that Doomsday should'nt be in the movie PERIOD. It's a stupid move. Stop fukking changing shyt just because.

Doomsday is Supermans villain, the villain who killed Superman. By shoe horning him into this movie, you're devaluing the character even more.

Not that Doomsday is some epic important villain but again, what exactly is the purpose of him being in this movie??

And they always come with these stupid pseudo-intellectual reasonings for doing it too :camby:

"We wanted to tell the story in a FRESH way". Who the fukk asked you to???

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The point is that Doomsday should'nt be in the movie PERIOD. It's a stupid move. Stop fukking changing shyt just because.

Doomsday is Supermans villain, the villain who killed Superman. By shoe horning him into this movie, you're devaluing the character even more.

Not that Doomsday is some epic important villain but again, what exactly is the purpose of him being in this movie??

And they always come with these stupid pseudo-intellectual reasonings for doing it too :camby:

No one cares about Doomsday breh, he's Broly status. He's just a monster who destroys shyt and kills people until stopped. He doesn't even talk. Nobody is trying to see comic story lines told on the big screen like DoS, shyt would be boring and predictable.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No one cares about Doomsday breh, he's Broly status. He's just a monster who destroys shyt and kills people until stopped. He doesn't even talk. Nobody is trying to see comic story lines told on the big screen like DoS, shyt would be boring and predictable.
THIS is boring and predictable :stopitslime:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
i don't believe that spoiler stuff for a second because I refuse to believe that in the fight between bats and supes that one of them is going to win. it will most likely end in a stalemate.

I always thought that it would be Superman winning and like in trailer suggesting that he's held back. But then it's later inferred that Batman never intended to win and it was all "a test" which would placate both sets of fans :yeshrug:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

With all due respect, fukk outta here with this bullshyt. No comic book movie has stayed completely faithful to the source material. Tony Stark didn't create Ultron. The Mandarin isn't a professional actor, etc. You want the comics, then read the comics. They're using known entities and making original stories with influences thrown in from the comics. nikka's will complain that 2 1/2 minute trailers spoil the whole movie yet want the movie to follow the plot of a source material they already know...hence spoiling the fukking movie. What's the purpose of him being in the movie....I'd safely say waiting until you watch the movie can answer your question.

I also believe he knew zod killing the humans to rebirth krypton was insane. i mean killing the entire planet to bring back krypton sounds insane when there's plenty of other planets out there. I think superman knew that he needed to stop zod even if that meant destroying that seed ship...

:yeshrug:
My only slight issue with Man of Steel was Zod's reasoning for terraforming Earth. Kryptonians can survive on this planet. Not only survive, they'd be gods. Essentially, terraforming Earth was a case of comfort as opposed to necessity.