The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
erfS1Cz.jpg

I like it, not sure about the actress though. Has the right look facially but still thinks it would be better if she was a bit more diesel.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That costume looks awesome and Gal Gadot looks perfectly fine.
She is the same size (maybe a bit taller) than the chick who played Sif in Thor yet nobody ever complains about her being waifish or too slight to be a warrior.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That costume looks awesome and Gal Gadot looks perfectly fine.
She is the same size (maybe a bit taller) than the chick who played Sif in Thor yet nobody ever complains about her being waifish or too slight to be a warrior.

Seriously?! Sif is a minor role. No one cares. This is an iconic role.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Seriously?! Sif is a minor role. No one cares. This is an iconic role.
Its the same gotdam archetype. A skinny white broad with super-strength who beats people up.
And a lot of the people who complained about Gadot's casting would then turn around and say the actress who played Sif would have been a better choice.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Its the same gotdam archetype. A skinny white broad with super-strength who beats people up.
And a lot of the people who complained about Gadot's casting would then turn around and say the actress who played Sif would have been a better choice.
I think I pointed to importance to audience not archetype. And I have never heard anyone say that in my life until now.

phxdown

Pro
Daps
Gadot looks great in the promo pic. Affleck looks just like I envisioned Bruce Wayne.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think I pointed to importance to audience not archetype. And I have never heard anyone say that in my life until now.
You must not visit many comic/genre forums then because Jaime Alexander has been a constant candidate on lists of who should play Wonder Woman since after the first Thor movie.
And it doesn't matter about importance to the audience or sized of the role...the two characters are essentially the same type: warrior women.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You must not visit many comic/genre forums then because Jaime Alexander has been a constant candidate on lists of who should play Wonder Woman since after the first Thor movie.
And it doesn't matter about importance to the audience or sized of the role...the two characters are essentially the same type: warrior women.
You're right. Sounds like an inane conversation. If she is in Thor movies there is no possibility she could be DC's Wonderwoman. Why put her on the list?!
Importance of role doesn't matter? I obviously disagree.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Warner Bros. decided to kick off their panel at this year's San Diego Comic-Con with Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, and the first footage from the movie features a tense confrontation between the Caped Crusader and the Man of Steel in Gotham City.

We were expecting a surprise from Warner Bros. at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, but I don't think anyone thought it would actually kick off the panel! Regardless, those lucky enough to be in attendance were shown 3D renders of the Trinity before a brief teaser clip played featuring a tense confrontation between Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Zack Snyder was joined on stage by those two actors and Gal Gadot. It sounds a lot like this could be the first teaser trailer - when they decide to release it - but keep checking back here as we'll try to bring you some more detailed descrptions as the panel continues...

kZLGvy.jpg

We're seeing 3D renders of Batman and Superman! Not actual footage, but pained concept art rendering in 3D. VERY Frank Miller looking 10:07 Silas Lesnick: It was pretty quick, ending with the Dawn of Justice logo. Zack Snyder has taken the stage! He says he couldn't be happier with the way production is going at the moment. Batman is standing on a Gotham rooftop in the rain 10:10 Silas Lesnick: His costume isn't what we've seen already. It's big and bulky, like his armor in The Dark Knight Returns. His eye light up, solid white. He's moving a tarp, revealing the bat signal. He turns it on and the camera tracks up to the sky. Superman is there, hovering in the light. He doesn't look happy. His eyes light up with heat vision as he glares at Batman. The title come up!

mq74LY.jpg

Source: Coming Soon

Footage shows Batman, with eyes lit up in his Batsuit, turning on the Bat signal (new design for the logo). Bass is pounding, rain pouring, darkness. The Bat signal shines in the sky, and suddenly Superman appears in the middle of the light. His eyes begin glowing red, staring down at Batman. Batman stares back. EPIC! That's all.

rY8661.jpg

Source: First Showing

The short teaser opens with Batman in a fully armor suit from Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns. glowing eyes, raining. He puts on the light on the bat signal with the new Batman logo (reminiscent of the one from Miller’s comic). Slow pan up to Superman, illuminated in the sky amongst the pouring rain with his red glowing eyes. I can’t express to you how awesome the teaser looked. It looked like the Frank Miller comic come to life through the lens of Zack Snyder.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/89971878.html?page=6#comments#ixzz38bO7OLGL