The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Makes sense. Hulks redemption's is gonna be major come next movie. Bet he gonna drop the "Hulk is strongest there is" line right before parking somebody.

HulkSegaSunsetRoar24fLG.gif

Banner's mind in the Hulks body...:ohlawd:

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Makes sense. Hulks redemption's is gonna be major come next movie. Bet he gonna drop the "Hulk is strongest there is" line right before parking somebody.

HulkSegaSunsetRoar24fLG.gif

When Hulk returns and gives Thanos those receipts :banderas:

I went to see it again last week. First time I had to explain a bunch to my daughter so I wanted to watch uninterrupted. Can't believe they made a movie where the villian wins.

Marvel needs to get the rights back to Apocolypse and Doom so they can do my childhood villains justice

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Let me preface by saying that I loved the movie. Aside from how depressing as fukk that ending was it was a hella of a ride.
However my only real complaint was that climatic battle in Wakanda. For one of the most technologically advance nation in the world I expected the Wakandan military to use more technology like military jets and advance weaponary than just a shield cloak and vibranium sticks. Felt like they underplayed the Wakandans like a motherfukker.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Let me preface by saying that I loved the movie. Aside from how depressing as fukk that ending was it was a hella of a ride.
However my only real complaint was that climatic battle in Wakanda. For one of the most technologically advance nation in the world I expected the Wakandan military to use more technology like military jets and advance weaponary than just a shield cloak and vibranium sticks. Felt like they underplayed the Wakandans like a motherfukker.
Definitely, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
They was doing just fine until cactain America came to the shores on his ship demanding shelter, medical expertise and weapons. Sounds familiar:ohhh::troll::troll::troll:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I was already really feeling this movie. I've had more fun talking about it in the last few weeks than I've had for a comic book film since...Well Black Panther, but before that, the most fun in years.

But watching the latest moviebob essay, I like it even more on this Sunday afternoon

He hammers home how the heroes do all of the things that work for them in their own movies, not just physical abilities, but the moral decisions they make usually result in cosmic justice for them in their solo films.

Some of the criticism the movie has received is that the heroes don't grow, and Bob did a great job of showing how the heroes, Peter Quill especially, MADE the moral choice that usually results in character growth in solo films when he tried to kill Gamora. That would usually end the film and leave everyone talking about Quill's three-film arc finally coming full circle.

But because Thanos is literally violating the laws of physics (and the meta laws of MCU storytelling), it halts his growth right in place and spits his sacrifice back at him, leaving him stuck in character limbo. And it's like that for nearly all of the heroes. The univerise no longer rewards them for their heroism and specific character traits (like Quill's reckless emotional reactions that actually save the galaxy in his films) like it did in the past. And it ties back to the monloguing that Thanos does throughout the film.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail nonetheless."

Imagine how Quill must have felt when he finally worked though his inner demons. To put aside his mommy and daddy issues and fear of loss and become a grown up. To actually PULL THE TRIGGER to kill Gamora, the official "right thing to do", and watch as that growth turn into bubbles and pop into nothing. He did what you're supposed to do to win in these movies and still lost because Thanos has a cosmic cheat code. :mjcry:

I already saw the theme at work the two times I watched the movie in theaters, but Bob really nailed it in better words than I was able to express. It adds just another layer to why this film is so unique in the comic book film landscape.

Think I gotta say this is definite top 3 MCU movie for me now. Can go up or lower depending on Avengers 4.

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
nikkas still bytching about quill, as if the theme of anger and irrationality are not present in the mcu, as if moments earlier drax was on the same shyt and tony did the same years ago. nikkas know damn well in any situation they'd do the same. same reason thor aint go for the head to gloat and get his revenge emotions cloud judgment so stop the fake omg whiny shyt. :laff:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nikkas still bytching about quill, as if the theme of anger and irrationality are not present in the mcu, as if moments earlier drax was on the same shyt and tony did the same years ago. nikkas know damn well in any situation they'd do the same. same reason thor aint go for the head to gloat and get his revenge emotions cloud judgment so stop the fake omg whiny shyt. :laff:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Thanos got my son traumatized right now.
He plays this Fortnite game and now they got Thanos runnin around destroying shyt.
:beli:

Lil homie seen Thanos on the loading screen and was like,
"Fuuuuuuck this shyt!"
:whoa:
My son's last words before dozing off in the car ride back home..

"Wakanda Forever..." :mjcry:
:laff: