The Official "Avengers: Infinity War" Thread (SPOILERS)

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:gucci:Do yall realize how stupid yall sound saying this shyt?

RDJ has been getting about $40 million per film lately. Scarlett Johansson makes half that amount, and the other actors get paid WAAAAY less. Their deals have already been locked in for some time. The cast salaries aren't pushing the budget to any crazy numbers. You'd have been better off citing the cost of the IMAX cameras.
We're dumb? Dude, you are denying something from the outside looking in when it was printed right in front of your face. :hhh:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
At the end of the day it doesn't change anything. For what the movie is about to do it needs this shyt. I dunno why it's an issue really lol

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is so fukking stupid......

I doubt that both Avengers films are going to cost $500 million each. The last Avengers film cost around $300 million, Disney isn't going to give them an additional $200 million for each movie. That's just dumb business, the only way they'd be able to recoup that money would be through massive merchandise sales.

like the cat above said: think you underestimating how much they paying out in salaries alone...the entire MCU roster gonna be in these next 2 movies......then add on top of that the cost of the special effects cause of powers, locations, etc.....yea, they gonna spend a pretty penny...but they gonna make the money back, so they not worried...both these movies totaled together should clear 2-2.5 billion easily......and hell, star wars epi 8 this year will probably pay it off lol.....so no matter how much it seems they trying to fukk up beauty and the beast, mr hand over fist aka disney not slowing down no time soon....yea, i'm pissed the more and more i hear about beauty and the beast, but whatever....

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Even better then. More money for the movie :blessed:
giphy.gif

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're dumb? Dude, you are denying something from the outside looking in when it was printed right in front of your face. :hhh:

If you think the actors salaries is going to lead to a $200 million budget increase, yeah that's dumb. MCU actors don't get paid all that much and their multi picture deals are locked in early on so they cant gouge the studio later on. Yeah, RDJ and Scarjo make good money, but everybody is getting scraps. Chris Pratt made less than 2 million doing Guardians of the Galaxy. Adding up the addition cast members probably doesn't even account for $100 million.

The only possible reason I could see Disney giving them an addition $200 million per film is the IMAX cameras and I don't think they'd add up to those insane numbers either.

And i don't buy most comic book movie rumors because most of them turn out to be straight up bullshyt. Especially when it comes to the budgets of these films.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If you think the actors salaries is going to lead to a $200 million budget increase, yeah that's dumb. MCU actors don't get paid all that much and their multi picture deals are locked in early on so they cant gouge the studio later on. Yeah, RDJ and Scarjo make good money, but everybody is getting scraps. Chris Pratt made less than 2 million doing Guardians of the Galaxy. Adding up the addition cast members probably doesn't even account for $100 million.

The only possible reason I could see Disney giving them an addition $200 million per film is the IMAX cameras and I don't think they'd add up to those insane numbers either.

And i don't buy most comic book movie rumors because most of them turn out to be straight up bullshyt. Especially when it comes to the budgets of these films.
Was it a rumor or a quote from someone who co-owns Pinewood studios, where the movies are being shot? There's a difference you know.
The MCU is over 8 billion dollars as far as profits and 10 in revenue. I think they have earned enough good will with Disney for this outlay. Believe what you want tho. :yeshrug:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
like the cat above said: think you underestimating how much they paying out in salaries alone...the entire MCU roster gonna be in these next 2 movies......then add on top of that the cost of the special effects cause of powers, locations, etc.....yea, they gonna spend a pretty penny...but they gonna make the money back, so they not worried...both these movies totaled together should clear 2-2.5 billion easily......and hell, star wars epi 8 this year will probably pay it off lol.....so no matter how much it seems they trying to fukk up beauty and the beast, mr hand over fist aka disney not slowing down no time soon....yea, i'm pissed the more and more i hear about beauty and the beast, but whatever....

Which is not good business if they cost 1 billion to make. That's not even accounting for marketing costs. A film that big has to make back twice it's production budget just to break even because they split half of the profits with the theater chains.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which is not good business if they cost 1 billion to make. That's not even accounting for marketing costs. A film that big has to make back twice it's production budget just to break even because they split half of the profits with the theater chains.

you know, i probably underestimated how much the movies gonna make.....if each movie costs around $500 million to make, and they make anywhere between 1-1.5 bil each (maybe more), that's not good business?....lol if you say so....and lets not forget all the licensing money, product placements, etc. they gonna get from these movies....they gonna make their budget back, and then some....

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
@Mic-Nificent You have to remember that The Guardians of The Galaxy cast are also in this movie. Plus Infinity War being billed as a "conclusion" is also the best time for these actors to bump up their salaries. Makes even more sense now as to why they dropped the part 1/2 titles.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you know, i probably underestimated how much the movies gonna make.....if each movie costs around $500 million to make, and they make anywhere between 1-1.5 bil each (maybe more), that's not good business?....lol if you say so....and lets not forget all the licensing money, product placements, etc. they gonna get from these movies....they gonna make their budget back, and then some....

Like i said, if the films cost $1 billion to make and pulls in $2 billion they just break even, that's not even taking into account the marketing budget which is sure to be insane.

I already said they'd have to pull in crazy money via merchandise to turn a profit.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Mic-Nificent You have to remember that The Guardians of The Galaxy cast are also in this movie. Plus Infinity War being billed as a "conclusion" is also the best time for these actors to bump up their salaries. Makes even more sense now as to why they dropped the part 1/2 titles.

I'm not doubting at all how much the film will make. I'd be shocked if each Infinity War film didn't pull in a billion at least. I question the production budget for both films being a billion. As I said the last film made less than the original despite having a higher budget overall.

At a certain point you're going to hit diminishing returns.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like i said, if the films cost $1 billion to make and pulls in $2 billion they just break even, that's not even taking into account the marketing budget which is sure to be insane.

I already said they'd have to pull in crazy money via merchandise to turn a profit.

you're incorrect about what a film needs to make to make money....when people talk about the rule that a film needs to make double its budget back, that includes covering marketing costs....while i highly doubt marketing is gonna cost $500 mil, we can still use the rule, so anything these movies make over $1 bill each, is profit....and both these movies should clear a bill easily cause unlike WB/DC, marvel has built up goodwill with the people when it comes to their movies being 'good'.....so they are gonna flock to the theaters to see the ending of what's been built upon since iron man 1....

..i know it's crazy to think that much money has to be made, but at this point disney knows what they are doing...with marvel, pixar, star wars, the live action remakes, and whatever other movies that dont fall under those categories, disney not worried about making money man lol....