Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
"@MzKatieCassidy JOB [noun] : the work a person does regularly to make money. alt: what @ErinAndrews has. 2nd alt: What you don't have. Bye!"

How did she see Katie's tweet? :dwillhuh: Katie ain't got a job no more? :lupe:

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Laurel on the black canary character
Arrow returns with all new episodes tonight and the mystery of whether Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) is dead or alive should finally be resolved. In previous interviews leading up to the midseason premiere of Arrow, Amell has confirmed that the Lazarus Pit does exist on Arrow but that it's the not the answer to how Oliver survives falling off a cliff. However, it's the thirteenth episode of Arrow season 3 which should have Black Canary fans excited. Titled, "Canaries" and directed by Michael Schultz, the episode will focus on Laurel Lance's evolution into the Black Canary and Laurel Lance actress Katie Cassidy shared some details with Entertainment Weekly. On whether Laurel will ever find out that Spoiler:[ Thea (Willa Holland) killed Sara] Katie had a surprising answer. "The audience will be surprised by her reaction. I feel like I wouldn’t be surprised if Laurel lost it on Spoiler:[ Thea], but people will be surprised and excited."

And what does Katie have to say about the upcoming Canaries episode, specifically? "There’s going to be some crazy badass scenes of the Canaries fighting."

Hmm. Is Katie implying that there will be flashbacks to when Sara was alive? Does White Canary arrive on Arrow? Or does Sara return from the dead and the Lance sisters fight each other? Remember, Amell has already confirmed that the Lazarus Pit does indeed exist on Arrow.

Arrow returns will all-new episodes, tonight at 8PM on The CW.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
the Melo 1.5's

I still cant find the black ones for sale tho in my size... :mjcry:
Good them jawns wack af. The only Melos that are nice are the ones that look like AJ5's. Forgot the name of them but had the nice B More commercial. As far as the show can't wait since I just caught up watching the previous seasons during the break cause of The flash.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

The CW's Arrow has already seen its fair share of DC character cameos over the last couple years: Deadshot, Huntress, Deathstroke, Ray Palmer, Ra's al Ghul and even the freaking Flash! But could more heavy hitters be coming the show's way?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Arrow: Katie Cassidy on What to Expect From Laurel as Black Canary

IGN gets the scoop from Katie Cassidy on her debut as Black Canary and the surprising way she'll respond to certain big reveals.

14 JAN 2015 BY ROTH CORNET

Arrow is set to return after an eventful mid-season finale, with Starling City down their vigilante savior Oliver Queen - for now. There to step into that void will be Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) who will be making her debut as Black Canary.

IGN had the opportunity to sit down with Cassidy to talk about what we can expect from her take on the iconic character, as well as the tensions that will arise as she comes into contact with Malcolm Merlyn, Thea, Arsenal, and Team Arrow.

AR310A_BTS_1335ra.c-720x405.jpg

Katie Cassidy as Black Canary in Arrow.

IGN TV: So let's dive right into the suit.

Katie Cassidy: The suit!

IGN: It looks amazing. Is it comfortable?

Cassidy: Yes. Shockingly, yes. [Laughs]

IGN: How has felt for you after all this time to finally be suiting up and diving into this aspect of the character?

Cassidy: Honestly, it's everything I've ever wanted. I waited a long time to get to this place. I'm just so grateful and so happy. The writers have been so good to me. It was a long time coming, but I think it was well worth the wait. As with every superhero, you have to earn it. You can't have a character turn into a superhero over night. So Laurel had to hit her rock bottom before she came out on top. Yes, on January 21st you'll see me in the costume, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm good -- yet. She's still learning, still training. She still has a long way to go. But she's driven, and she's fearless. Seeking vengeance for her sister is what's moving her.

IGN: Laurel's already endured so much loss, how do you think she'll respond to what's happened now with Oliver?

Cassidy: I've always said this: I think if anyone could handle it, it's Laurel. I think that she is a believer. I think that she's a strong woman, and, yeah, she has had a lot of loss. So she loses these people, but I feel like that makes her that much stronger in the end. And she lives for that. After they pass, they're still very much a part of her.

IGN: Can you talk about what she's going to take from Sara and what she's going to bring to Canary as just Laurel?

Cassidy: In Season 3, you'll see Laurel go from avenging her sister to honoring her sister to then becoming her. But I think, A) The suit is not the same, but it's definitely similar; the jacket is almost identical, and B) She's doing this for her sister. Part of what she brings to it is heart. She's fearless, she's driven, she's doing this because, deep inside, it's what she believes in and what she wants. I'm not necessarily sure that Sara -- you'd have to ask Caity Lotz, because it's a character choice -- but that's where she was coming from. She sort of fell into it mistakenly, because of the crash in Season 1. Being on the island, she had no choice. Laurel has a choice, and she's choosing this because she's that strong and realistic, and has heart about it.

IGN: Is Malcolm Merlyn going to be her number one target, given all he's directly and indirectly taken from her? Is there going to be a confrontation there, or is she going to have to reconcile what happened with Thea, first?

Cassidy: I think that Malcolm's always been a target. She will find out who actually killed her sister. She doesn't know at this point. But when she does find out, I think the audience will be really surprised. Her reaction isn't what you'd expect.

IGN: Interesting! Originally, superpowers were going to be kept off the show. Now that it's a little more open, a lot of people want to know if she will ever have the actual Canary Cry, versus the device that Sara used.

Cassidy: That's a really good question for our producers and writers. [Laughs] Having said that, I believe so, but not necessarily in the same form.

IGN: There's going to be a void in the city with Oliver gone, which would give her a good opportunity to rise up and be a protector, or work toward that. And there are at least three heroes in play - Black Canary, Arsenal, and now there's going to be The Atom. How do you think these three would interact with one another? Will she work with Team Arrow, or is she going to go off on her own and grow a little bit?

Cassidy: I think at the beginning, when she goes out onto the streets, Arsenal and the team don't agree with it. So she's just on her own. But eventually she proves herself, and they see that she's following her heart and doing it for her sister; she's avenging her sister's death and honoring her sister, and will stop at nothing. They recognize that. It's Arsenal who is the first to support her and says, "You know what? She's smart. Even though she's not trained, she's good for not being trained, huh?" She's training, but she's not a professional. So they do end up coming around to it.

IGN: How has the training been for you? In that boxing scene, you can really see the work.

Cassidy: Yeah. It was pretty intense. It's all about what you put into it. Me as an actor, I want to be as authentic as possible. I didn't want to just be like, "Okay, they're making me train with a trainer three or four times a week." I was like, "I'm going to bust my ass!" I actually ended up with three different trainers. I had a boxing trainer -- a fighting trainer -- then a weightlifting trainer, and then I did Callanetics. So it was all different types, but I didn't want my stunt double doing all the fight scenes -- like that boxing scene. I wanted that to be me. So I was actually training six days a week, three hours a day for a couple of months. If I had a longer period of time -- I mean, I was so into it. I was watching Million Dollar Baby at night, like, "I want to be like Hilary Swank!" [Laughs] But I wanted it to be real. I feel like that's what Laurel would be doing. It was definitely hard, especially once we started shooting, but I knew at some point -- you put all this time and effort into it -- I want to say probably around November, I could back off a little bit, because once you have that muscle you don't have to work so hard. Once it's there it's like, "Okay. I can chill a little bit." So it's definitely not as intense right now, but I'm definitely still training. I used to be a competitive gymnast, so I try to incorporate as much as I can. It's been amazing.

IGN: Now that she's Black Canary, do you think we might fully see Birds of Prey?

Cassidy: [Coyly] I don't know...[Laughs]

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...on-what-to-expect-from-laurel-as-black-canary

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Arrow: Emily Bett Rickards' Felicity Smoak Won't Be Suiting Up Any Time Soon

We can expect several characters on both Arrow & The Flash to transform into superheroes, but here's what we can expect for Felicity.

14 JAN 2015 BY ROTH CORNET

We're just one week away from the return of Arrow and after an eventful mid-season finale, fans can look forward to the continuing transformation of several of the characters. Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance ) will make her debut as Black Canary, Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer is set to become The Atom, Colton Haynes' Roy Harper will fully become Arsenal and Thea...well we're not sure who/what Thea is yet, but she's definitely something. One character who won't be suiting up anytime soon, however, is Emily Bett Rickards' Felicity Smoak.

IGN had the opportunity to speak with Arrow/The Flash executive producer Andrew Kreisberg along with a small group of reporters following a panel at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, where we asked if we might see Felicity - who's been a girl-Friday to one superhero and is looks to become one to a second (The Atom) - transform into an iconic DC character herself.

"It's like Dave Ramsey [who plays John Diggle on the show] said on the panel: if everyone starts dressing up, you lose that connection to reality," Kreisberg responded. "One of the things Dig and Felicity do so well in spite of the fact that they're incredibly talented -- obviously they're integral members of the team -- is that they don't have their own costume personas. I think that keeps them grounded, and it keeps Oliver grounded. It keeps the show grounded. Felicity, she's every bit of a hero as anyone else is. She's certainly thrown herself into danger at times, and they couldn't do what they do without her leading the team from her computer console. But I don't think right now there are any plans to "super" her up. I don't think that's really her role."

We'll have plenty more from both Arrow and The Flash leading into the mid-season premieres.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...elicity-smoak-wont-be-suiting-up-anytime-soon

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Arrow: Oliver Will Return Sooner Than We Think and May Have a Suprising Dynamic with Ra's Al Ghul

Arrow's executive producer and Ra's himself reveal details on how soon Oliver will return and what we can expect from his relationship with Ra's.

16 JAN 2015 BY ROTH CORNET

We're going to be talking about the significant conclusion of the battle between Oliver Queen and Ra's Al Ghul, here. So if you haven't seen it yet and don't want to be spoiled, you may want to head out and return when you've had the opportunity to catch up.

Still with us? Okay!

Arrow left off with a big cliffhanger - almost, but not quite, a literal one. With Oliver soundly -- almost humiliatingly -- defeated by Ra's Al Ghul and chucked off a cliff like so much refuse, the question became: What's to become of The Emerald Archer?

IGN had the opportunity to speak exclusively with Ra's himself, Matt Nable, at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour, as well as follow-up with Arrow executive producer Andrew Kreisberg with a small group of reporters about when we can expect to see Oliver again and how the relationship between Ra's and the Arrow may evolve (assuming that Oliver makes it through...which we do).

When Will Oliver Return?

As Eric Goldman said in our discussion about the mid-season finale, the show is called Arrow and Stephen Amell is the star. There hasn't been a contract dispute, so it's fairly safe to assume that he'll be back.

"He didn't have that much time off," Kreisberg confirmed when a reporter asked how long Amell had been away from production. "That would suggest that he's not a part of these [upcoming] episodes. He is. I just think the way in which he is a part of them isn't quite what people are expecting."

Nable, for his part, is headed back to set next week. "[Ra's] obviously comes back in the mid-season finale in the battle with Stephen," the actor said when we asked when we might see the villain reappear. "So he'll be coming back and interacting with Arrow pretty quickly."

The Lazarus Pit

Now, how Oliver will return is another question all together. Amell will likely appear in flashbacks -- at the very least -- when the show returns. Many fans are speculating that the series will be utilizing the Lazarus Pit to justify Oliver's resurrection from the as-good-as-dead state we last saw him in.

"I think the key to Ra's's longevity will be explored," Kreisberg said when we asked if we'd be seeing the Pit. "But we want to keep surprises in store. We always say we make this show for two audiences: we make it for me and my wife. My wife doesn't know anything from anything -- as far as comic books are concerned. But it has to appeal to both audiences. We know there are going to be some comic book fans watching it, and they're going to be like, 'I know exactly where this is going.' Hopefully we flip it on its head enough to where they're challenged and there's enough mystery involved, and for the regular audiences they're just going along for the ride anyway."

As to Ra's longevity, when Nable was crafting his character, he had to incorporate the idea that he's centuries old and simply does not see the world as others might.

"He's immortal, and he's been around for such a long time," Nable reflected. "I think it's in the way he speaks, an economy of words. He's seen so much, and he doesn't get flustered. But for me as well, as opposed to some of the other interpretations, I like for him to have a physicality. If he's lived that long and he's this badass, then it's okay to be a bit scrappy around the edges. That's the way I see it. Look, I've only lived 42 years, and I'm tired. [Laughs] So if he's lived that long, I'm sure he's a bit rough around the edges at times."

Arrow-Ras-720x405.jpg

"I think that character, more than just about anyone on this show, would understand what life and death is,"
Nable continued. "He's taken thousands of lives, and he's lived past so many others, so he's got a good perspective on it. I don't think he's insane, and I don't think he's lived his life in bliss, but I think his perspective on it would be a lot clearer and measured than with other characters that he's interacting with. Living that long and knowing you're going to live forever would be a difficult thing to get your head around, but he's had thousands of years to get his head around it. So he's very comfortable with life -- with his life, in any case."

Ra's is also very comfortable with death -- with being, judge, jury, and executioner.

"I think he's done that for so long, he'd be very uncompromising with his judgments," Nable reflected on his character's ridged ethical code. "You know it's, 'If you've done that, you're done.' It'd be very black and white for him. You know, I don't see Ra's as a bad person. I see him as he says: 'I'm replacing evil with death.' So he's a righteous man. From that point of view -- you don't have to like every character you play, but you need to understand them, and I certainly understand him."

Could Ra's Be a Mentor to Oliver?

Arrow-Ras-Oliver-720x405.png

There are some who speculate that Oliver's old compatriot from Hong Kong, Maseo - now in the League of Assassins - will step in to bring the fatally wounded Oliver to the Lazarus Pit (or somewhere like it) to save his life.

"I don't think he'd be too happy," Nable laughed when we asked how Ra's would respond to one of his own disobeying him by rescuing Oliver. "I don't think he'd be too happy with that at all."

Ra's does have a respect for Oliver, though. So it seems possible that if (and when) he does survive, that Ra's may take that as a potential opportunity to bring Queen into his fold.

"Yes, I think there could be," Nable told us when asked if there might be a future where Oliver and Ra's have a mentor or ally relationship. "Yes. [Laughs]...I can say no more."

A Formidable Force

Ra's is the villain that many fans have been waiting for, so the question is: How present will be be as the season progresses?

"I think he's going to be a formidable force, yeah," Nable said of his continued place on the series. "There's no doubt about that. I think you alluded to it before with Arrow. I think there will be a gentler side shown, a mentoring side perhaps. I'm still a little bit in the dark. So definitely formidable, but I also think nurturing."

Creating That Fight Sequence

There was a great deal riding on that confrontation between Ra's and Oliver, both in terms of the story and in terms of fan expectations. Each actor seemed to know that, and take it seriously.

"I worked really, really hard with the stunt guys, and obviously so did Stephen," Nable said of the battle. "Stephen did everything that day. I had a stunt double that day who did quite a bit of my stuff, because there was a lot of swordplay, and just time-wise -- but I'd learned the choreography. What we were hoping to get out of it, for Ra's al Ghul, was an economy of movement, so that he was making Arrow look really silly. So it wasn't even going to be close. It was just so easy for this guy. So that's what they wanted to get across, and I think they got that. He only has to move the slightest bit to beat Stephen. That was the idea."

Arrow-Oliver-720x405.jpg

New Interpretation of Ra's:

Whenever a character as iconic as Ra's is reintroduced in a new incarnation, both the actor and the creative team face a tremendous amount of pressure to satisfy - or exceed - expectations.

"To take on a character that lives so freely and so presently in people's minds, we feel like we had a lot of people to convince, but we are in love with Matt," Kreisberg said of Nable's casting. "You watch episode nine, and he is Ra's al Ghul. That's one of the great things about all these characters. I mean, Keaton was a great Batman, but so was Adam West, and so was Christian Bale, and I'm sure Ben Affleck will be; the young boy on Gotham [David Mazouz] is another great iteration of Bruce Wayne. These characters were meant to be played by different people. Everyone brings something different to them. That's fun for us as writers: people have expectations for who this character is; what can we do to provide those expectations. What can we do that's different? Hopefully we've done that with Matt and Ra's."

"I think what they wanted more than anything was a physicality for the role," Nable reflected, in thinking about his version of the character. "I think they had seen me in Riddikk, so they had a very specific idea of what they wanted for this Ra's. And I think going up against someone like Stephen Amell, who's also a really physical guy, I think they had in mind that physical quality. Beyond that, I think I was really lucky in the sense that they just said, 'Make it yours. Whatever interpretation that you come up with, we trust you.' To be honest it was quite nerve-racking, because I didn't want to muck it up. Those are big shoes to fill, with Liam Neeson and some of the other performers who've played that character."

As far as the backstory for this iteration of Ra's is concerned, Nable says that the writers and producers encouraged him to research as much as he could about the character, which he did.

"There's so much mythology involved with that character," the actor said. "Thousands, and thousands, and thousands of words that you read up on. But they're still developing things as we speak, so I'm finding out as I go along what's happening. You can only interpret script by script where you are, which is actually really fun. It's unfolding in front of my eyes as well."

Does this particular Ra's Know Batman?

Ra's assertion to Oliver that he hadn't faced a such a foe in 67 years seemed to be a strong indication that Ra's doesn't, in fact, know Batman in this particular DC universe. Or at the very least that he hasn't seen him in quite some time. Nable hasn't specifically been told whether he does or does not know The Dark Knight.

"I just assume all those things," the actor said. "I'd guess he does. That's my interpretation of it, that all those things have happened and they're in the past, and this is the present day with Oliver Queen. For this character, for this role, I don't think too hard about that. I'm just concentrating on -- I mean, Ra's comes in and out of things, so what happens with all those moments between Arrow or whoever else is in this production, who knows what he's doing? He could be interacting with Batman, with Bane, whoever."

Is Nyssa Ra's Soft Spot?

We haven't seen much of Ra's relationship with his daughter, yet. When asked if there is any softness in him, if Ra's has it for Nyssa, Nable said absolutely and that he has hopes that they'll "get to explore that a bit this season as well."

"We know she's been developed a lot as well, Katrina Law [the actress who plays Nyssa]," the actor continued. "So yeah, I've done some scenes with Katrina and if it fleshes out and we have those moments together, then I'd certainly like to bring that gentleness, that side, to this character. She's his daughter and he loves her. That would be nice to show as well."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...may-have-a-suprising-dynamic-with-ras-al-ghul