satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
My one issue with this episode was that in Oliver's goodbye scenes he didn't go see Laurel and when his life flashed before his eyes he didn't think about Laurel. I get that he is supposedly all in love with Felicity but Laurel is his oldest friend and she doesn't rate even a text saying he was going off to maybe die? This show's capitulation to the raging Oliver/Felicity Instagram fangirls is its biggest flaw and they really need to reign that shyt in because not only is the Oliver/Felicity relationship a bit off since they went all in with the two characters being in love (Felicity has been better on Flash or in scenes with Ray than she has with Oliver all season) but its like they are pushing Laurel out onto an island where she is barely a part of the show (aside from the Wildcat ep there has been very little interaction between Laurel and the Arrow crew) and since she is going to be Black Canary soon that isolation stands out like a sore thumb.
Co-sign!

fukk fan girls, fan girls ruined vampire diaries with their "force this reboot we stop watching" bullshyt

But maybe Laurel in the background is ok, so when she comes back as Canary it has more of an impact
:dwillhuh: What you talking about?

• Dap
Reactions: flo

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Uh, exactly. She was his friend. Dating would ruin that. Anyway the showrunners admitted to responding to the "Olicity" fanbase so I don't see how this is even an argument lol.

Naevia :noah:

c9EgdDQ.gif

tumblr_nfbuggYsj21tyxw0wo1_500.jpg

They need to put her in the show more :feedme:
son it don't matter if the fan's wanted "Olicity"...its been hinted that they were attracted to eachother and had feelings for eachother way before u said...they still "friends" now..he's having the same issue dating her now that he had dating her when she approached him about smashin his coworker...I didn't even follow that whole "Olicity" shyt and I knew they had attraction towards eachother...there's a REASON those people wanted them together...

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oli's Larry Holmes technique:old: didn't work on Flash:childplease: Yet, he used it on the Demon Head:what: Ra's ETHER'd him masterfully:mindblown:, and remained chill throughout his dismantling:wow: Merlyn turned Thea into a pathological liar:skip:, and got her Suspended in Time:umad: That Lazarus Pit green poster, tho:banderas: My bet is Nysaa the badass GAWDDESS:ahh:, gonna retrireve Arrow's body:dead:, and get his bow back on point:shaq:

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
EXCLUSIVE: "BEASTMASTER" STAR JOINS "ARROW" AS DC'S "CREATURE COMMANDOS" LEADER
The CW's "Arrow" left things on a decidedly surprising note at the end of this week's midseason finale (those comfortable with spoilers can read series star Stephen Amell's take on events), but here's some exclusive casting news to tide fans over until the new year: CBR has learned that actor Marc Singer has joined the show's cast as a character from DC Comics history -- he'll play General Matthew Shrieve, a character created by writer J. M. DeMatteis and artist Pat Broderick, first seen in 1980's "Weird War Tales" #93. Singer's role is slated to be recurring following his debut in the 14th episode of the currently unfolding third season of "Arrow," which will likely air in late February or early March.

Here's the official character description from Warner Bros. TV: "In the DC Comics, Matthew Shrieve is the leader of a group known as the Creature Commandos. In 'Arrow' he will play a significant role in the latter portion of the season's flashback storyline."

Singer is a genre veteran, likely best known for his starring role in three "Beastmaster" films and the sci-fi TV series "V," both cult favorites of the 1980s. In recent years, he's appeared on the "V" revival and "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior." He also has prior experience with DC-based adaptations -- he voiced Man-Bat /Dr. Kirk Langstrom in "Batman: The Animated Series."

Despite existing for nearly 35 years, General Matthew Shrieve has appeared in relatively few comics over the decades. Introduced as Lt. Matthew Shrieve, he's primarily comics role has been as the human leader of the World War II-era Creature Commandos, a military unit consisting of characters fitting various monster archetypes (Frankenstein's monster, werewolf, vampire, gorgon). The character was depicted in three DC Nation "Creature Commandos" animated shorts released earlier this year.

Due to the show's more grounded approach to superheroes, it seems unlikely that the Commandos themselves would be coming to Starling City. Yet given the gradual introduction of more fantastic elements on "Arrow" and its spinoff "The Flash," the recent change of heart in Executive Producer Marc Guggeneheimtowards integrating more fantastic elements of the DCU into the series' DNA, and the fact that the Creature Commandos are specifically named in the character's official show bio, the chances that the unique military force will play a role on "Arrow" aren't quite as long as they once were. Whether they eventually appear or not, there remains plenty of room for speculation of how Shrieve will fit into this season's flashbacks, which have been set in Hong Kong this year, after two seasons on Lian Yu.

"Arrow" will return with new episodes on Jan. 21.
I am IN for the fukkery :banderas:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
son it don't matter if the fan's wanted "Olicity"...its been hinted that they were attracted to eachother and had feelings for eachother way before u said...they still "friends" now..he's having the same issue dating her now that he had dating her when she approached him about smashin his coworker...I didn't even follow that whole "Olicity" shyt and I knew they had attraction towards eachother...there's a REASON those people wanted them together...

Felicity was attracted to Oliver. She made several awkward funny slip ups around him. Oliver never reciprocated those feelings.

Don't make this deeper than it is. Fan-girls wanted Oliver with Felicity for the same reason they wanted Clark with Chloe in "Smallville".