Essential The Official African History Thread

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Bbc kingdoms of Africa (Asante) episode

Appreciate it breh. The next post I was gonna do was gonna be on the asante empire, and more specifically the Asante/British wars and the golden stool. Gonna watch that doc later tonight :salute:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Lalibela in Ethiopia...crazy how they built this..they carved down into the mountain and shaped it..keeping everything intact

Gq1du1A.jpg

nw5pE0U.png

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Lalibela in Ethiopia...crazy how they built this..they carved down into the mountain and shaped it..keeping everything intact

Gq1du1A.jpg

nw5pE0U.png

Breh, there's this Ethiopian restaurant by my job that I go to and I was asking the waitress what are some nice spots to see in Ethiopia since I was planning a trip and she mentioned Lalibela. I looked it up and was like :ohhh:

Not only that some of the earliest religious symbols come straight out of ethiopian spirituality (the cross and islamic crescant moon). Plus supposedly they have the ark of the covenant locked away there somewhere. Plus they got mad pyramids and is the only African country, I think, that's never been colonized.

I been up on Ethiopia for a minute cause my pops is a rasta so we had pictures Selassie all over the crib growing up, so I always felt Ethiopia was my spiritual home for some reason. I really wanna visit Shashamane. It's a piece of land Emperor Selassie gave to Jamaicans who wanted to come back home to Africa. If I ever become a billionaire, I'd make that place into a damn super city.

Here's the doc

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Sundiata Keita

SoundiataKeita.jpg

-The first king and founder of the Mali Empire(grandfather to Mansa Musa)
-was born to a hunchback mother
-exiled himself(because as you know, successions were matrilineal and half brothers use to compete for the throne)
-came back, defeated the Sosso kingdom, incorporated the territory previously known as the Ghana empire, and expanded

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Breh, there's this Ethiopian restaurant by my job that I go to and I was asking the waitress what are some nice spots to see in Ethiopia since I was planning a trip and she mentioned Lalibela. I looked it up and was like :ohhh:

Not only that some of the earliest religious symbols come straight out of ethiopian spirituality (the cross and islamic crescant moon). Plus supposedly they have the ark of the covenant locked away there somewhere. Plus they got mad pyramids and is the only African country, I think, that's never been colonized.

I been up on Ethiopia for a minute cause my pops is a rasta so we had pictures Selassie all over the crib growing up, so I always felt Ethiopia was my spiritual home for some reason. I really wanna visit Shashamane. It's a piece of land Emperor Selassie gave to Jamaicans who wanted to come back home to Africa. If I ever become a billionaire, I'd make that place into a damn super city.

Here's the doc

They got an even crazier one in India called Kailashnath Temple, Ellora..same way they built lalibela..google image that shyt

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Sundiata Keita

SoundiataKeita.jpg

-The first king and founder of the Mali Empire(grandfather to Mansa Musa)
-was born to a hunchback mother
-exiled himself(because as you know, successions were matrilineal and half brothers use to compete for the throne)
-came back, defeated the Sosso kingdom, incorporated the territory previously known as the Ghana empire, and expanded

IDK if you changed your avatar cause of my post, but if you did I'm honored breh :wow:

We need that #breastmeats movement back breh :damn:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
They got an even crazier one in India called Kailashnath Temple, Ellora..same way they built lalibela..google image that shyt

Wow, that's dope as fukk. I know that shyt was probably all built with slave labor but still :pachaha:

I'm not sure if he was African or not (reading conflicting stories) but supposedly Indian had an Moorish/African king at one point; King Sadar Singh

8436337d27a8e3ae41113864de6f86ea.jpg

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

Here's the doc

Props, same here. shyt is really interesting.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, It's African history. I don't give a fukk if they're muslim, Christian, or any of the traditional African faith systems. If you're a iconic member of African history, I'm gonna put up some info about it :yeshrug:
Nothing but love for you my brother, I'll save a reply for another time theres too much love pride and respect going on itt atm

peep this when you get time, so powerful