The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
This is facts. I ran this in Junior High, hated it. I preferred Long Jump. Coach asked me to run the 400 a few times and I remember pulling my quad and still finishing the race. That was the last time I ran that shyt.

It's tough because there's no pacing for it, it's 1 lap at full speed. shyt is brutal
Yeah my elementary teacher in grade 8 was also our coach for athletics. We finally got to do a softball tournament with other schools. Because I was our best player he basically used 400m/800m and cross country above my head if I wanted to do softball. I knew he wouldn't refuse but I agreed anyway.
Ended up doing 4x100 relay/200m/400m and cross country that year. Atleast with cross country it was an entire different day and no one cared how we placed, so some of us would stop in the forest and catch our breath LOL. But the other events were at York University in Toronto so it was a big deal.

Like you said there is no pacing in 400m I was dog tired in all the heats. I was happy with 3rd in regional finals lol. Loss to first place to this guy who ended up having a basketball career (small training camp stint with the 76ers too): Olu Famutimi - Wikipedia

I'll take that loss, he was like a foot taller than me in elementary too, big ass strides :pachaha:

What Hall did made me legs hurt, cause you know the pain to make that comeback :damn:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Brit bruv in the Men’s 400 was casual af in a Final :mjlol: He gonna hate himself for that Silver.

Hall took advantage and got himself a Gold :salute::salute:
:russ: @ thinking these World Class Athletes are not giving these races everything they have.

You don't train for an event that only comes around every 4 years and "just be casual and jog through the finish line".

We're watching mfers who are in peak physical condition push themselves to their limits. :laugh:

Yal watching this like "he gave up at the end there"

:dead:

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
hopefully Unc and ocho give Quincy his 50k he might’ve only broken the WR but damn 4th best of all time is crazy. Hopefully the Jamaican breh get some bread to 70 in a discus throw is crazy

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
9ViYTuF.gif

Once you making the struggle face no way you supposed to comeback and win