The Official 2024 Paris Summer Olympics Thread (from July 26 - August 11) - Closing Ceremony replay at 7pm EST

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Bench Pressing seems like it should be a legit olympic sport being that Weightlifting is.
Like powerlifting. Bench, squat, deadlift. I'm more of a worlds strongest man strongman fan but their mere presence would have other athletes testing positive for roids. shyt would those tiny beds in the olympic village even be able to support them?
Mandem need CPAP machines just to sleep.
Public transit in LA they like
images

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Dice rolling
3 card monte
Poker
Basketball game
Chain Jacking
Bench pressing
Free Styling
Pole dancing (which is close to being a sport)

Not trying to be ignorant but lowkey would be fun
Don’t forget dominoes, car jacking, panhandling, catalytic converter stealing, bums wiping windows, and high speed chases.

I can just hear the commentary for car jacking and chases:

“Will “The Steal” comes into today’s car jacking with 6 stolen vehicles under his belt. Caught for 1 and did a 5 month bid at the LA Twin Towers…. I think we got a new world record of 20 seconds… here comes the cops and now we have an impromptu car chase event!… he’s on the 105 freeway in less than 10 seconds!… and now he has a chance to take the 710 south or north, where will he go?… look at how he avoided the spike strip! What a swerve!”

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I think he was going to play for France in the Olympics if he hadn't gotten hurt. You're allowed a few guys over 23.. Shame.. Stupid Spain had to win

Nah I read Spain blocked him from playing. But this is the pinnacle of sports and he's at the pinnacle of his sport and he's French? He should have held that torch at some point of the opening

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I read Spain blocked him from playing. But this is the pinnacle of sports and he's at the pinnacle of his sport and he's French? He should have held that torch at some point of the opening
Olympics men's soccer is not considered that highly in terms of prestige. Although i agree he should have been there just because the Olympics were in France.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Don’t forget dominoes, car jacking, panhandling, catalytic converter stealing, bums wiping windows, and high speed chases.

I can just hear the commentary for car jacking and chases:

“Will “The Steal” comes into today’s car jacking with 6 stolen vehicles under his belt. Caught for 1 and did a 5 month bid at the LA Twin Towers…. I think we got a new world record of 20 seconds… here comes the cops and now we have an impromptu car chase event!… he’s on the 105 freeway in less than 10 seconds!… and now he has a chance to take the 710 south or north, where will he go?… look at how he avoided the spike strip! What a swerve!”
And the olympic weed rotation competition. I wanna see if Netherlands can hang with the USA.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Meh he's their national sports icon. I don't think anyone is passing up a chance at a gold medal
Only players aged 23 and under are allowed to be on teams. Also, most major soccer clubs don't allow their top players to compete in the Olympics.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Only players aged 23 and under are allowed to be on teams. Also, most major soccer clubs don't allow their top players to compete in the Olympics.

I am talking about the opening ceremony. fukk a soccer club that has nothing to do with a torch carrying or lighting

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Hella Surreal LA is getting the next one, I still have the hat and shirt/sweater they were giving out when they were trying to get the Olympics to LA for 2024. They are having events in the Bay too right? No reason to not catch something.