The Official 2024 MLB Season Thread

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It feels like for the last 3 years, I'll check the box score for an LA Angels game, hoping that some player I have in my fanduel or season-long fantasy team has scored some points.

And almost every time that I check it, the person getting HRs and RBI is Jo Adell.
Bum ass Jo Adell.

Then I think, hey maybe this guy is pretty good. I should add him to my roster.
And he isn't. He's terrible.

He's just streaky enough to make you think he's turning a corner. But he sucks.
He's like the outfield version of Rougned Odor.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nice rally reds

edit: the reds left the tying and go ahead runs on 2nd and 3rd

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GNJL94BWoAA52By

Trips

Superstar
Daps
I know they aren't going to. But looking what the Brewers are doing to Jackson Chourio is maddening. Dude goes on a terrible skid, finally starts getting some hits again and then right back to the bench. Like if your not confident in his play send him down to get his confidence up. Or just let him get AB's and work through it. Stopping/Starting these guys doesn't seem to be working at all.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

That's why you always give up the prospects for established pros, especially good-to-great ones. Yes, occasionally it winds up being Yordan Alvarez going out but that's like one out of ten trades. The vast majority wind up like this.

Trips

Superstar
Daps

Add to it the streaming price hikes are going to end up forcing more people back to cable. The RSN's were one of my favorite parts of my cable package. Just because of the access to extra teams, games, etc. Bally Southwest I think was awesome cause they had a full like 4 hours dedicated to Texas High School football. I don't even live in Texas, but it was fun thing to watch every week. And I did get to see quite a few guys that went to some good D1 schools. So then when I was watching College Football I'd hear a name and be like oh shyt that kid balled out his last couple of years of high school.

I'd be interested in seeing what happens if MLB secures more broadcast right control over the teams and what kind of deals they could strike with the big streamers. However, that is just going to be another likely price increase on the streaming services. This shyt is going to get wild over the next several years. Get your pirate hats out.

:myman:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

We'll see if Scott Harris finally decides to do his fukking job and gets some bats in Detroit before the deadline.